Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » uCoz copyright (MyCorp) (How to remove,change it. $POWERED_BY$ code)
uCoz copyright (MyCorp)
Natashko

Message # 1 | 12:38 PM
1. Is it possible to remove the uCoz copyright from the website?

Of course, it is possible. Removal of the uCoz copyright is a paid service and it costs $4.99/month. To remove it:

1. Go to your website Control Panel -> Top bar -> $ Paid services -> Paid services-> Buy a separate service.

2. Select the period for which you want to remove the uCoz copyright.

3. Click "Pay for services" and follow further system instructions.

Please note that you can pay for the removal of the copyright within a package of services. In this case the copyright removal will cost less and you will get a number of additional features.

P.S. Hiding of the copyright is a serious violation of uCoz Terms of Use that leads to permanent blocking of your website!

Is it possible to change the appearance of the uCoz copyright?

Yes, it is possible. To do so go to Control Panel -> uCoz banner and copyright adjustment -> Appearance of uCoz copyright:

Select and click "Save"

How can I replace "MyCorp" with custom data?

Please see this video tutorial:

I see the message in Control Panel -> Customize design: "The template doesn't contain the required code $POWERED_BY$ ". What does it mean? What should I do?

It means that the required code $POWERED_BY$ , which is responsible for outputting of the uCoz copyright has been removed from the template of your website. You need to restore this code. Otherwise your website will be blocked.

To do so go to Control Panel -> Design -> Design management (templates) -> find the necessary template and click "Restore default template" or embed this code into the template manually.
Attachments: 3085450.png (74.6 Kb)
t4club

Message # 31 | 12:42 PM
Whose is spamming block me all you want, support forum its a joke man it supplies nowt but nonsense if you cant answer our query tell us so.
What coz someone complains you are now theatening to block me ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh big eh just coz you can

WHY DONT YOU TRY ANSWERING THE START OF THIS

WHY WE ARE BEING YET AGAIN THREATENED? GREAT AINT IT

WHAT DO YOU DO ANSWER IT WITH ANOTHER THREAT WONDERFUL

And you wonder why we get wound up remember buddy if it were not for us you wouldnt be a moderator makes you feel big does it bully for you....

Get someone on here who CAN AND WILL ANSWER US it really is that simple

VW T4 - T5 Transporter community website and forum group at www.t4club.co.uk
Post edited by t4club - Monday, 2010-01-04, 6:54 PM
Dartz

Message # 32 | 12:42 PM
I can't give the answer, therefore I told you to wait Sunny. Your post
was clear from the beginning, there was no need for huge discussion.

Now no more discussion until Sunny responds.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Sunny

Message # 33 | 12:42 PM
Ok, I could write a lot but I am too ill atm to do this. As for the delayed reply - uCoz staff (and I am almost the only one here, at this forum) are also people, and they do have real lives, holidays etc. I am sorry but I can't be here 24/7/365. We have paid support where you can get a reply within 24 hours, otherwise the money will be returned - use it for urgent matters.

Then, no one is threatening you. Dartz is a mod here, the person who tries to keep order. Even if it is a support forum it does not mean that you should not follow forum rules. My advise: even if smth goes wrong try to be patient and polite - it does help solve the problem faster. Because if a person cries and is rude, the only desire is to reply in the same way. Do not forget that people here are humans as well, and they are not uCoz staff as a rule, they are users like you who just know the system better and have more permissions at this forum.

And now back on topic:

Do not worry, if a website has the copyright everything will be ok. In any case websites are not removed, especially during the next login. Websites can be only blocked, during the next checkup. And even if your website will be blocked, no info will be removed. And if it was a mistake and you had the copyright - the website will be unblocked. I will ask techs to check the checkup robot, but do not worry - if you do have and had the copyright, nothing will happen to your website.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
T4-Man

Message # 34 | 12:42 PM
Acting on behalf of T4 Club who writes:

THANK YOU that was all that was required the first time around some 27 messages ago

I have to say no where have i been rude, insulting or anything else than asking for a conclusive answer repeatedly,which admittedly Sunny as you will see above , i was initially happy with your first answer, up and until it was again broght up and then discredited which got me thinking like it or not Ucoz treated the UK site users very badly in it's Global Changes fiasco, it has to be admitted that for whatever reason they are NOT very good at coming forward with conclusive answers when required to...so maybe this wasn't all there was to it???

Secondly both myself and others here HAVE been openly threatened by both over jealous mods here [not you sunny i may add] and the Ucoz system, tell me would you lie down and take being threatened i doubt it, and neither did we, why others got involved is beyond me all that was required was a simple answer which it seems we now have starangely [inside my 10 day ideal] for which thanks is due..

And lastly don't get me wrong i like mostv of the Ucoz system hence why i personally choose to use it [there are others i could use] mostly i like the simplicity with which we are able to have a full community up and running quite rapidly. but what i don't like is being railroaded and that's what it feels like at times, if i dont do A B or C i will forfeit my right to my site, or such like simply that's the way their pop up reads, which started all this, after all we did not just randomly come here looking for a fight.. I personally have often foun dthe answers given HERE-IN to be not much more than pure sarcasim, cheek and treating us all like school kids, by mainly the main players here which is very very sad yet true, we come he for help and assistance not ridicule we do not all know it all...nor for that matter understand it all....we have to learn somewhere do we not.....

I reiterate could it be that we out of all this at least get the wording of the said pop up changed to be more helpful rather than threatening, which would mean we have at least achieved something worthwhile, rather than those in the know once again lording it oevr those who don't.....

Secondly and finally IF THIS IS INDEED NOT A UCOZ SUPPORT forum why pray tell is it named such, i am only a mere human with all the mere human failings probably,yet i CAN read strange as that may seem,i am a member of several SUPPORT forums all of which operate to support whatever it happens to be whether paid or not, as they should...none have i waited over a week for answers on, none have i been openly, publically been threatened on none have i had anything but help from, i shall leave that one with you, all i am saying really is if you offer something stand up and supply it or make it clear it is run not by Ucoz but by a group of Ucoz users who might or might not be available to answer and might not be

hey it's not rocket sience

Peace and out
T4 Club UK

Post edited by T4-Man - Tuesday, 2010-01-05, 3:09 PM
Sunny

Message # 35 | 12:43 PM
T4-Man,
Quote (T4-Man)
Secondly both myself and others here HAVE been openly threatened by both over jealous mods here [not you sunny i may add] and my Ucoz system, tell me would you lie down and take being threatened i doubt it, and neither did we, why others got involved is beyond me all that was required was a simple answer which it seems we now have starangely [inside my 10 day ideal] for which thanks is due..

You were not threatened, you were warned. Datz clearly wrote that he could not give the answer, that you had to wait till I am online. So there was no need in writing huge messages because I physically could not reply earlier.

Quote (T4-Man)
but what i don't like is being railroaded and thats what it feels like at times, if i dont do a b or c i will forfeit my right to my site, simply thats the way their pop up reads i reiterate could it be that we out of all this at least get the wording of the said pop up changed to be more helpful rather than threatening.

Every system has its rules, and if a user violates them the system take measures. Why did we decide to run this checkup? Because about 20 000 websites are hiding ucoz copyright. Unfortunately in your case it was an error. And I explained you earlier that there is no need to worry.

Quote (T4-Man)
Secondly and finally IF THIS IS INDEED NOT A UCOZ SUPPORT forum why pray tell is it named such, i am only a mere human with all the mere human failings probably yet i CAN read starange as that may seem i am a member of sereral SUPPORT forums all of which operate to support whatever it happens to be either paid or not none have i waited over a a week for answers on, none have i been openly publically threatened on and none have i had anything but help from, i shall leave that one with you, all i am saying raelly is if you offer something stand up and supply it or make it clear it is run not by Ucoz but by a group of Ucoz users who might or might not be available its not rocket sience

It IS uCoz Support Community - community of uCoz users who help each other. It is official because it is recognized and created by uCoz company. And there is also the support service of the uCoz system, where uCoz employees reply, and get salary for this. Do not confuse these things. We always try to help and reply asap. Unfortunately it is not always possible.

Now I have to close this thread in order to end this off-topic discussion. If anyone will have copyright problems - PM me or create a new thread.

P.S. And by the way creating of another account in order to avoid a reproof is against forum rules, therefore this account will be blocked.

devilsmale

Message # 36 | 12:43 PM
http://lawlgaming.ucoz.com/

idk how i did it but on my homepage it doesent say powered by ucoz or something like that it doesent say that anymore on the buttom but when im on my forum it does say that :S

CoffeeCone

Message # 37 | 12:43 PM
Quote (devilsmale)
http://lawlgaming.ucoz.com/

idk how i did it but on my homepage it doesent say powered by ucoz or something like that it doesent say that anymore on the buttom but when im on my forum it does say that :S

Thank you for being honest and sharing that your site now fails to show the uCoz footer. smile
I examined your website and found out that you failed to close a tag.
(Click the image below to enlarge.)

This will hopefully fix ur problem.

If I guessed it right, you put that JavaScript code into the Bottom part of the website section in Design > Design Management (CSS). smile

Hope this helps,
-Shedo Chung-Hee Surashu

Attachments: 6601931.png (56.7 Kb)

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Post edited by shadowslash - Sunday, 2010-04-11, 2:53 PM
devilsmale

Message # 38 | 12:43 PM
thanks it worked biggrin
and well yeah ure actually kinda paying them by letting them advertise so it woudl seem unfair if it would be gone :P
i was trying to put a backgroud nradio but i keep failing XD
Post edited by devilsmale - Sunday, 2010-04-11, 2:59 PM
pakura

Message # 39 | 12:43 PM
on my site hasn't power by. i install the script $power_by$ but it is not showing. I have Advanced acount.
I wonder whether it violated the agreement

my site is:

abasovMike

Message # 40 | 12:43 PM
You have an opened <script> tag before it, so it doesn't show up. Take a look:

Code
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

<div> <!-- "' --><span class="pbYtM_GY">Hosted by <a href="http://www.ucoz.com/" title="Free web hosting">uCoz</a></span> system<div><font color="#CD3D00">Copyrigth © </font><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">»</span><a href="http://justgame.ge">JustGame.GE</a><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">«</span></div>
     <div class="small"></div>
     </div>
     </div>
     </div>
     </div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Post edited by abasovMike - Friday, 2010-07-16, 9:44 PM
ADMIN2551

Message # 41 | 12:44 PM
i buy Basic ($3.09) package of ucoz.. now may i remove $POWERED_BY$ on my website?
DeathGod

Message # 42 | 12:44 PM
No.
www.drunkenjesus.net
Sunny

Message # 43 | 12:44 PM
ADMIN2551, removal of the copyright is included only into the package Premium ($8.99). You can also buy it as a separate service for $4.99/month.
Dangem

Message # 44 | 12:44 PM
i have a screen shot please help.
Attachments: 9214315.jpg (34.0 Kb)
neilson

Message # 45 | 12:44 PM
I can not modify the structure of my site appears this message: The template does not contain 'the required code POWERED_BY $ $
Detail: I already placed the $ $ POWERED_BY

uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » uCoz copyright (MyCorp) (How to remove,change it. $POWERED_BY$ code)
Search: