uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 736 | 9:24 AM
Ochana, which panel exactly do you mean?
defaultNick0730

Message # 737 | 2:14 PM
I attached my domain succesfully but as soon i edited something on page it doesnt work... It works and doesnt work randomly, and now it hasnt worked for an hour, whats going on? cry

Added (2015-03-04, 2:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------
maailmantodellisuus.net is the site, and now i cant even go to the ucoz domain which is todellisuus.ucoz.net because it directs to .net domain......

Korijs

Message # 738 | 2:22 PM
defaultNick0730, btw, which method do u use?
Sunny

Message # 739 | 2:34 PM
defaultNick0730, at the moment the website is available at maailmantodellisuus.net. Do you still have the problem?
defaultNick0730

Message # 740 | 2:57 PM
I do still have the problem, and i used method #2.

Added (2015-03-04, 2:50 PM)
ucoz domain worked for a second, then i edited Site Builder and now it doesnt work again...

Added (2015-03-04, 2:57 PM)
ucoz domain works on chrome only.

Sunny

Message # 741 | 3:00 PM
defaultNick0730, when did you attach the domain? How much time has passed?
defaultNick0730

Message # 742 | 3:15 PM
i attached it yesterday, over 12hours ago. then i pressed "Attach now" button like 1-2hours ago. after some while it worked, until i edited some scripts from CP and changed settings so that "www." works etc. now suddenly the domain wont work.

Added (2015-03-04, 3:15 PM)
there, now it works again! i hope it stays this time.. hmm

Sunny

Message # 743 | 3:42 PM
defaultNick0730, let me know if the problem occurs again.
defaultNick0730

Message # 744 | 7:09 PM
The problem occured again, i added a forum section and after that the .net domain doesnt work.

Hmm...

Added (2015-03-04, 6:06 PM)
Now its up again..

Added (2015-03-04, 7:09 PM)
aaaaaaand its down again..

Sunny

Message # 745 | 9:22 AM
defaultNick0730, if I understand correctly, the problem appeared after you enabled the following option in the Common Settings: The domain www.maailmantodellisuus.net is a primary one. Right?
defaultNick0730

Message # 746 | 2:15 AM
Yeah. Seems like it all works now again, this is really weird, but today its been stable the whole time so far.

Could it be that the problem is domain sided or something?

Added (2015-03-06, 0:34 AM)
Now domain doesnt work for me, when i edited a message from the site. But seems like it works for others.

I tried to remove cookies and such, but doesnt help. The domain leads me to a list of nonsense links / domains.

Added (2015-03-06, 2:05 AM)
Seems like if i use web proxy, it works fine. Ehm.

Added (2015-03-06, 2:15 AM)
Okay so now i noticed that it works fine with "www." but without it doesnt work, for me atleast. This is so confusing.

Korijs

Message # 747 | 10:31 AM
Now I don't understand anything - I set up email - as surprise for me it shows now "Your trial has ended. Please set up billing to continue using the service" - BUT I don't remember that there were some option to choose "premium" or free - now I can't get in email BUT my email is still registered as myname@myname.com @gmail.. How can I change from "premium" to "free" account my existing account @gmail?
Sunny

Message # 748 | 7:48 PM
defaultNick0730, your website works fine both with www and without (there is a redirection actually to www). It is possible that the cache at your provider's end hasn't been updated yet, though it should've been by now.

Korijs, you set up your domain-based email through Gmail? They used to have both free and premium options, then they cancelled their free option (quite a while ago) but continued to support it for those you signed up when it was still free. Maybe they've decided to switch to premium completely.

Ed05

Message # 749 | 1:52 AM
Few days ago i atached domain to my site and i detached it cause there is some isues. But now some of users complain that they stil cant enter on the site,they see notification "domain atachment in progres,wait 15min" or something or they are redirected to other site where i also atach the same domain and detached. How can it be? I detached domain, is there some other things to do to get rid of that domain?
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2016-04-12, 3:18 PM
Sunny

Message # 750 | 11:02 AM
Ed05, currently I don't see any problems, the website opens at http://onlinebioskop.ucoz.net/ and there are no connected domains. What was the domain you were trying to connect? Most probably the users had the problem because the DNS data hadn't updated at their end.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: