uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ed05

Message # 751 | 3:25 PM
Sunny, i know site adress.. ok. The domain wich i detached is not pointing to any site. The dns are changed to another host.
Some of my stuff cant reach site,i will try to contact them.

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2016-04-12, 8:53 PM
Sunny

Message # 752 | 9:22 AM
Ed05, if you connected the domain, the users accessed it at the new address, and then you removed the domain, it is possible that the domain data were cached at the users' end. It shouldn't take long for the cache to be updated, so the users should be able to access the website just fine by now.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
temoman2014

Message # 753 | 11:38 AM
I triad to chanch the Domain to
www.info-about.tk

but after that i can't reach this Domain
and the original domain
info-about.at.ua

so please give a help please
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 754 | 8:20 AM
temoman2014, make sure you have specified the name servers or the A records properly as described in one of the threads mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Currently, no NS entry is set and no A record was found for your domain: http://take.ms/abFHW

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 755 | 6:45 AM
temoman2014, temoman where did you get your .tk domain name? If you get it from the freenom I could help you on how to properly use it. Just drop a pm I'm willing to help you about it. I wouldn't disclosed all information in the discussion since that isn't a uCoz stuff. I hope you understand. biggrin
1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Tuesday, 2017-05-02, 6:46 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 756 | 3:39 PM
Cyberdasm, you can feel free to make a tutorial anytime as a new thread here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54. We do appreciate the support.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Penthboy

Message # 757 | 7:57 PM
The Editing domain records (simplified mode) who was available in panel/?a=domain_transfer doesn't work anymore.

Added (2017-07-19, 7:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------
How can I add a subdomain if the option is no more ?

Cyberdasm

Message # 758 | 11:46 PM
Penthboy, just use the Expert Mode.

Check the spoiler on how to add.

best regards,
Attachments: 9948423.jpg (128.8 Kb)

1F4BF3B
Penthboy

Message # 759 | 12:29 PM
That's the problem. Expert and Simplified Mode are not there on most of my websites.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 760 | 9:31 PM
Penthboy, please, make sure that the domain name is parked on the uCoz servers (aka make sure you have used the 2nd attachment method). If you have attached your domain using the 3rd method, all DNS changes need to be done in the Control Panel of the domain provider.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: