uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Confirmation Emails (Email Notification Services)
Confirmation Emails
MTComiks

Message # 106 | 9:43 AM
Registration has been successfully completed

Now you must confirm your e-mail

An e-mail with the confirmation link has been sent to cmtomic@gmail.com

After you have confirmed your e-mail you will be able to log in without registration to all sites that have the icon

I DONT WANT PEOPLE TO CONFRM THEIR ACCOUNTS WHEN THEY REGISTER!!!HOW TO REMOVE THAT!?
Animorph

Message # 107 | 2:03 PM
MTComiks, go to CP ---> User ---> Module settings ---> Find: ---> Forbid activity of the users with unconfirmed e-mails: ---> Uncheck and save , then thy aren't forced to confirm their e-mail

But i need to say , if your users don't have a uNet account and thy register , Then thy need to confirm their e-mail because thy are registering in uNet too. and you cannot change that option

To busy building a passive income online ;)
MTComiks

Message # 108 | 3:12 PM
Animorph, Thank you!You are great helper! smile
Reya

Message # 109 | 11:38 AM
I'm back... so far so good thank you for your help - I managed with the codes and the road is clear now in this issue...

But... and I m sorry to bug you again... there is something again too - after they register, the users don t receive the e mail wt the link to activate their account.

Can you help me to figure out why?

Thank you in advance!

-----------------------------------------------

Sunny, thank you for your replay - so nice from you to direct me here and give me advices.
I tried all these things that u said... i told my users to check their spam/ junk box for e mail confirmation to see if they received it there... and nothing... what can I do?

Beside, I tried to register another user myself using the Control panel and still dont work neither the password, neither the e-mail it is not recognized (although the user I can see him registered :|)...

Thank you so much for your attention!

Added (2011-08-20, 5:38 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (MTComiks)
But i need to say , if your users don't have a uNet account and thy register , Then thy need to confirm their e-mail because thy are registering in uNet too. and you cannot change that option

I even did what it says here Animorph... I don t know what to do more!
cry wink sad ...
Natashko

Message # 110 | 2:41 PM
Reya, I suggest you inform your users in such a way:
"The message with the confirmation link could be regarded as spam, and as a result could get into Spam/Junk folder of the e-mail service you use or could be deleted.
Please check the contents of the Spam folder, and if the message is not there contact the support service of your e-mail provider. You are the one who is their customer and you can influence the quality of their work and the correctness of mail delivery.
If the message still was not found, we suggest that you use another e-mail service, register a new e-mail and use it to sign up once again. We do not recommend Yahoo."
Gt@TiX

Message # 111 | 12:44 PM
Hi!
When people have registered it says that activation code was sent to the e-mail. Check but there's nothing there. What to do! cry
Post edited by Gt@TiX - Saturday, 2011-08-27, 12:46 PM
AzNs4LiF3

Message # 112 | 2:13 AM
One of my users have AOL as their email provider and have not received an email yet, since Yahoo is not recommended, could AOL be too? They have checked their Junk box already and there is no email.
Post edited by AzNs4LiF3 - Sunday, 2011-08-28, 2:16 AM
Reya

Message # 113 | 8:15 AM
Natashko, thank you so much for your answer.
I'll tell this to my users and I hope that using another e-mail service will help them much! About yahoo - you are right - a few days ago, a friend was trying to register on a social network well famous and no matter what this person did, the e-mail for confirming the new account, was never received! As soon as yahoo was changed with another e-mail service, there it was: the confirmation e-mail entered in a second!

Thank you once again!

Have a nice day!
Natashko

Message # 114 | 1:28 PM
AzNs4LiF3, we recommend to use gmail
Natashko

Message # 115 | 2:29 PM
Gt@TiX,
Quote (Gt@TiX)
When people have registered it says that activation code was sent to the e-mail. Check but there's nothing there. What to do!

The message with the confirmation link could be regarded as spam, and as a result could get into Spam/Junk folder of the e-mail service you use or could be deleted.
Please check the contents of the Spam folder, and if the message is not there contact the support service of your e-mail provider. You are the one who is their customer and you can influence the quality of their work and the correctness of mail delivery.
If the message still was not found, we suggest that you use another e-mail service, register a new e-mail and use it to sign up once again.

Further discussion goes in the provided above thread.
redpepper007

Message # 116 | 3:47 PM
So, my site is http://redpepper007.ucoz.com/. When registering, i enabled such feature, to receive emails about new forum posts, comments, file catalog updates etc. At the beginning my site wasnt popular, so, i liked those emails, that come, like ''uCoz - New entry added''; ''uCoz - New comment'' etc. But now, when my site has grown in popularity, i get hundreds of those emails... I hate them so much, i cant describe it!!! xDD

all I want to do, is to disable them. But how to do it??? I searched in CP, but still cant find right place, to disable them... sad

THANKS!!!

Igor-Sousa

Message # 117 | 3:47 PM
Go to:

Control Painel > Users > Module settings

uncheck:

E-mail notification of a user about registration:
E-mail notification of the administrator about registration:

Control Painel > Site News > Module settigns

uncheck:

Notify the administrator about new entries by e-mail:
Notify the administrator about new comments by e-mail:

Verify all "module settings", of the modules that you have enabled, and see if there is the option to receive e-mails, if so, uncheck the ones you do not want. Also, do not check the option "Receive notifications about comments" when adding a new entry.

Hope this helps you.

I've made grammar mistakes ?? Google's fault !!

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.

Hope

Message # 118 | 10:12 AM
Where can I edit the notification email that users received after registration?
Natashko

Message # 119 | 10:40 AM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
Where can I edit the notification email that users received after registration?

Nowhere.
Hope

Message # 120 | 3:55 AM
In case users didn't confirm the email address, how to resend the confirmation link again to remind them to confirm?
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Confirmation Emails (Email Notification Services)
Search: