uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User Profiles (Customisation & Editing)
User Profiles
Dartz

Message # 46 | 2:31 PM
There is no such feature allowing you to have 500 character field for each user.

(Except Signature)

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
esp-css

Message # 47 | 10:52 PM
Quote (Armaros)
Quote (CP -> Customize Design -> Personal information editing form:)
<?if($AOL_FL$)?>
<tr id="siM9"><td class="manTd1" id="siM10">$AOL_SIGN$</td><td class="manTd2" id="siM11">$AOL_FL$</td></tr><tr><td height="10" class="manTdSep" colspan="2"><hr class="manHr" /></td></tr>
<?endif?>
Red - Change it to "XFire:"

Where has this page disappeared to with the new layout? When I go to what seems to be the same thing, it only has more codes which lead you elsewhere from what I can see, but where would that elsewhere be?

Sunny

Message # 48 | 8:41 AM
esp-css, what do you mean? You can't find the template of user profile? CP -> Customize Design -> User personal page
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Dyriaex

Message # 49 | 4:06 PM
okay i have a site, and its a site for the gay youth in the UK for problem solving and social networking.

what i want to add is on the regestration page i want to add a box where it would say orientation and the person filling it in would have the opportunity to say "M-Gay" or "F-Bisexual" etc and this can be shown on their profile when people click it same with relationship status.

also is there any chance of adding a description box? where the user can talk a bit about themselves like a biography and this also be displayed on their profile? like an "about me" box

i would really appreciate help on this ^^ thanks

CodeResolution

Message # 50 | 4:22 PM
Quote (Dyriaex)
what i want to add is on the regestration page i want to add a box where it would say orientation and the person filling it in would have the opportunity to say "M-Gay" or "F-Bisexual" etc

Control Panel (CP) -> Users -> Module settings -> "Additional options for the "Gender" field"

Quote (Dyriaex)
and this can be shown on their profile when people click it same with relationship status.

Control Panel (CP) -> Substitution of default phrases -> Form for registering new site users -> Change "Gender" to "Relationship Status"

Additional Infomation:
You can change "Male" and "Female" by following this:
Control Panel (CP) -> Substitution of default phrases -> Users -> Change "Male" or "Female" here

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Post edited by Mistory - Sunday, 2009-10-25, 4:28 PM
kanat07

Message # 51 | 10:30 PM
Quote (Dyriaex)
also is there any chance of adding a description box? where the user can talk a bit about themselves like a biography and this also be displayed on their profile? like an "about me" box

you can rename the Signature field and use it as a About me fields ))

streetkilln

Message # 52 | 4:41 AM
when people sign up it ask to fill in yahoo aim or so. can i create another field. like say if i wanted them to fill out gaming field instead of aol yahoo msn can i add like playstation 3 gamer tag and xbox 360 gamer tag.
Dartz

Message # 53 | 4:42 AM
streetkilln, you can modify already existing fields - rename them.
streetkilln

Message # 54 | 4:49 AM
Quote (Dartz)
streetkilln, you can modify already existing fields - rename them.

i tryed this but when i went to test it and fill it out it was ok but then when i check the profile it said aol yahoo msn

Dartz

Message # 55 | 5:01 AM
streetkilln, you must modify user's personal page code as well.

You can do it through Customize Design.

streetkilln

Message # 56 | 5:15 AM
ok i went there and i see this also in msn and aol what do i change the yahoo entry as?

<?if($_YAHOO$)?>
<div id="block16" class="udtb"><div class="udtlb">Yahoo:</div> $_YAHOO$</div>
<?endif?>

Dartz

Message # 57 | 8:20 AM
Only the name:

<?if($_YAHOO$)?>
<div id="block16" class="udtb"><div class="udtlb">Yahoo:</div> $_YAHOO$</div>
<?endif?>

Supreme

Message # 58 | 8:54 AM

• Is nickname the same for all sites?
  • Can we change the nickname of our users or can the user change their nicknames for only our website?
Dartz

Message # 59 | 9:26 AM
Quote (Supreme)
Is nickname the same for all sites?
Yes, unless it's changed.

Quote (Supreme)
Can we change the nickname of our users or can the user change their nicknames for only our website?
User with uNet account can change his nick name in webtop.
Administration can change user's nick for a specific website.

Clayton_Riddell

Message # 60 | 5:50 PM
Is it possible yo add coding to the module design of users profile pages which displays their topics and posts? If so whats the code?

Kind regards,

Clay

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User Profiles (Customisation & Editing)
Search: