uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Managing Site Members (search, adding, deletion, user list page)
Managing Site Members
Sunny

Message # 16 | 2:41 PM
SieghWahrheit, I registered at your website and had no problems with e-mail.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
WireX

Message # 17 | 6:39 AM
Hey, i got 2 questions biggrin

1st:: I wonder how i change the "main owner" user (that user you will register your site with) to another registred user, is this possible?

2nd:: Is it possible to change the nickname on users?

Unique

Message # 18 | 7:00 AM
1. You can add this user as administrator in cp/users/list of users or you can give him pass of cp...
2.Yes ,in list of users click on icon

WireX

Message # 19 | 7:19 AM
thx, but ccan you change the blue * icon (that means this account cant be deleted) to another user?
Armaros

Message # 20 | 10:25 AM
Quote (Srdjan)
or you can give him pass of cp...
Don't provide this type of option. It's not safe!

WireX, blue star means that's the account you are currently logged in. There can be also
users with uNet profiles, their user-names cannot be changed. At the moment your profile
in here is uNet profile, which means to change nick-name or any other details you can via uNet.

defaultNick5365

Message # 21 | 6:55 PM
I inavertantly hit one of the options in users to delete 100 odd of my members that were not active in the last month i think it was anyway whatever it was i lost 100+ of my members is there anyway to back track and get them back again

Also is there anyway to get the registration form to store all members e-mail addresses so as to be able to keep a hard copy of these also as well over 800 now, i have been writing them down as they join but to many to do now, used to keep users joined emails but they ahve stopped since global updates

VW T4 - T5 Transporter community website and forum group at www.t4club.co.uk
Sunny

Message # 22 | 8:37 AM
Quote (defaultNick5365)
I inavertantly hit one of the options in users to delete 100 odd of my members that were not active in the last month i think it was anyway whatever it was i lost 100+ of my members is there anyway to back track and get them back again

You can't get back deleted users.

Quote (defaultNick5365)
Also is there anyway to get the registration form to store all members e-mail addresses so as to be able to keep a hard copy of these

No unless you copy them manually.

Quote (defaultNick5365)
i have been writing them down as they join but to many to do now, used to keep users joined emails but they ahve stopped since global updates

If you don't receive emails then your users use uNet registration form, not local (more info - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-5729-1 ). You can disable uNet users in CP -> Users -> Module settings

Rezwan73

Message # 23 | 7:27 PM
Hello,
Is there any way to find out how many users (with list) of my site have not confirmed their email?

And i want a message to appear in the main page for whom who has not confirmed their email, Is it possible? If yes then how? I have tried but the code doesn't work. Please help me.

iLee

Message # 24 | 1:54 PM
Users without Confirmed Emails are in the Group *Users* the ones with confirmed emails are in *Checked*

So you want to add

Code

<?if($USER_GROUP$='#')?>Please confirm your email!!!<?else?>Thank you for confirming your email<?endif?>

# - The groups number, The normal number for users would be 1,

Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
Rezwan73

Message # 25 | 9:03 PM
Your process is not so good.
I have 100+ users. In these users who have not confirmed their email, i want to find out that. Not by transferring the users to next user group. As far as i think, this Auto Transfer option is for other reason. and I've already used it, for them who will made some post.

I have tried with the code that is used in the user's personal page to identify the email confirmation but it doesn't work in the main page.

So, is there any way to find out the un-confirmed email users?
It would be nice to hear from admin.

kostova

Message # 26 | 10:44 PM
I'm not sure if this was the right section to place this. But recently, a uNet user, by the name of heyfags registered at a site that I moderate and he had this ridiculous avatar which I'm sure is familiar to some people. Fortunately for him, my computer can render that image in less than 2 seconds. Allowing me to delete him and cause no further harm to the users attending the site.

http://www.hetorslab.net/omg.gif
or [don't view these links if your internet is slow]
http://fuckyourinternet.hetorslab.net/awesome.png

Are the images he used for his uNet avatar.

In other words, it's over 10,000 pixels wide and 10,000 pixels high, which basically slowed most of the site's users down. His motive was to, and I quote, "shut this shit down".
I guess he doesn't like the site, which in my defense, if you don't like something, why bother to visit?
I'm just wondering if uNet accounts or even local users are allowed to have that big of an avatar, for some reason it allowed him to do that. If this is not allowed, can this bug be fixed?

I have the slightest idea he is one of the blocked users here, hetor. Hence the link name.
Also, here is his uNet account, if that helps clear things up. http://1746889792.unet.com/

Post edited by kostova - Thursday, 2009-11-05, 7:43 AM
Sunny

Message # 27 | 10:37 AM
kostova, yep I know this user and his avatar. He does it in the following way - uploads a small avatar first, the system allows him to do this, then he just changes the file at his website for a big one. All you can do now is ban him.
CodeResolution

Message # 28 | 2:45 PM
This is deffinatly Hetor, believe me.

He has cotinuesly spammed my chatrooms, website, and my PM_BOX here. I have already reported it to Dartz with screenshots.
I know it is not upto me, but I think it would just be best to stop this persific person completely from entering, or using uCoz.

But heres some stuff I know he can do:

• IRC Hack
  • IP Hack

And thats all I know...

He registered here also with the username as lulz, but it has been sorted thanks to dartz wink

Quote (kostova)
    "shut this shit down"

Maybe this user is the one who attacked uCoz a while ago.
    Kind regards,
    Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
    Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
    Post edited by Mistory - Saturday, 2009-11-07, 8:52 PM
  • heartymh

Message # 29 | 4:57 AM
    i want to make no of display users in Users list page up to 50. the default no of display users is 10. If it could be, pls tell me how to do .
    thks!
    Sunny

Message # 30 | 9:48 AM
    heartymh, there is drop-down list on Users list page where you can select a number. But you cannot change the default number.
    uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Managing Site Members (search, adding, deletion, user list page)
    Search: