uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Registration form
superbasti

Message # 1 | 4:38 AM
For websites with the uID sign-in method (uID users)

It is not possible to edit the uID registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID.

For websites with the local sign-in method (local users)

It is possible to change/edit the local registration form.

To change the fields of the registration form go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Fields of the registration form:
There are two columns of checkboxes near each field name. The first checkbox enables/disables a field, the second checkbox makes the field required/optional.

The default field names can be changed in Control Panel -> Substitution of default phrases -> Form for registering new site users. i.e. you can change the names into any names you need.

You can edit the template code of the registration form in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration form and the code of the registration page in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration page.

To change the sign-in method on your website, go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of user authorization. Remember: switching to "local users” is available for premium users only (those who pay for any of paid packages for any period).

If the default registration form is not working, it is desirable to check the following:

!) JavaScript must be enabled in your browser;

!) your browser must accept cookies;

!) there can be a script conflict if you use third-party JavaScript or jQuery versions, incompatible with the uCoz jQuery version.

www.gsisconnectster.ucoz.net
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 136 | 12:26 PM
Quote (belmo996)
1.I go to Substitution of default phrases -->Form for registering new site users and I translate some fields on my languge(Bosnian),but When I go to Register new user It Is on English.

2.Can I remove this text on Registration Page:
Attention! This website is a member of uNet system. We recommend that you sign up to uNet system by means of filling this registration form. It will let you not only log in to all uNet websites (there are 1 000 000 such websites, you can recognize them by the icon in the login form) but also get a number of other possibilities.

For safe and convenient login to all the system websites it is recommended to use the toolbar or a special login button for FireFox, Chrome, IE browsers.

And I disable some fields in Module Settings but It's appear on Registration Page...

It is not possible to change the appearance/language of the registration page if your site is using the authorisation method of uID. You need to have local users enabled to adjust the accounts system. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
pow

Message # 137 | 2:46 PM
Is there any way to disable "default field names" like NAME ? (if i only want login-nick) Because it get me error when registering without and i cant see checkbox for name in CP>user>MS
Admin on website and pro MC survival server Helikaon
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 138 | 3:10 PM
pow, the "Username" "Name" "Password" and "Email" fields are required fields on the registration form. It is impossible to disable them even with local users enabled.
pow

Message # 139 | 3:20 PM
Quote (Paradox)
pow, the "Username" "Name" "Password" and "Email" fields are required fields on the registration form. It is impossible to disable them even with local users enabled.

thx 1 more question can i change confirmation email text?

Admin on website and pro MC survival server Helikaon
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 140 | 3:31 PM
pow, unfortunately not. wink
Wingm8

Message # 141 | 9:19 PM
As far as i can read, to change the registration form (or edit the names) only works for premium users? Cause now i've tried everything and it does not work.
Sunny

Message # 142 | 9:22 AM
Wingm8, yes, to be able to switch to the local registration form you need to be a premium user (pay for any package for any period).
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Wingm8

Message # 143 | 1:33 PM
@Sunny - Will this "local registration" not expire after the package runs out?
Sunny

Message # 144 | 1:38 PM
Wingm8, no, it won't smile When you buy a package, you are considered a premium user as long as your website exists, even after the package has expired. You will be able to change the authorization method back and forth as many times as you wish.
Wingm8

Message # 145 | 2:58 PM
@Sunny - ah that's a nice feature, i did hesitate paying for anything but a domain. Thanks for your help :-)
asd541321

Message # 146 | 9:18 PM
Hello Sunny, I have a quick question.

Let's say I have a website and I really dislike the uNet's registration asking for personal photos, sex, and location. So I buy a premium package for ONE month to get the local registration field. From your answer to Wingm8, you have stated that AFTER the one months runs out, I will still have premium status and local registration right?

So let's say I had bought the one month premium package, and then buy 11 months of basic service. Would the local registration still be available for new users coming to my site?

Thank you.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 147 | 8:37 AM
once local registration is enabled it is not disabled even if your package runs out. As long as it has been enabled once it will remain forever and a day. wink

So from what i understand of your explanation indeed. It will stay. smile

Sunny

Message # 148 | 11:07 AM
Paradox is right.

Besides,

So let's say I had bought the one month premium package, and then buy 11 months of basic service

You can buy any paid package and you will be able to enable local users, in other words you can just buy the Basic package, it is not necessary to buy the Premium package to enable local users.

asd541321

Message # 149 | 1:38 PM
Ty Paradox and Sunny!

When I press on local user button, it says "Available for premium users only" so I thought it meant "premium service/package". Guess that clears up everything.
carloscompu

Message # 150 | 2:14 PM
I would like to add the 'accept terms and codition checkmark' to the registration field
How do i do this

I have my own terms and condition form, but this is not important right now all I need is to aply the check mark so and can work properly that if they dont check in they wont be able to register
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Search: