uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Registration form
superbasti

Message # 1 | 4:38 AM
For websites with the uID sign-in method (uID users)

It is not possible to edit the uID registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID.

For websites with the local sign-in method (local users)

It is possible to change/edit the local registration form.

To change the fields of the registration form go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Fields of the registration form:
There are two columns of checkboxes near each field name. The first checkbox enables/disables a field, the second checkbox makes the field required/optional.

The default field names can be changed in Control Panel -> Substitution of default phrases -> Form for registering new site users. i.e. you can change the names into any names you need.

You can edit the template code of the registration form in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration form and the code of the registration page in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration page.

To change the sign-in method on your website, go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of user authorization. Remember: switching to "local users” is available for premium users only (those who pay for any of paid packages for any period).

If the default registration form is not working, it is desirable to check the following:

!) JavaScript must be enabled in your browser;

!) your browser must accept cookies;

!) there can be a script conflict if you use third-party JavaScript or jQuery versions, incompatible with the uCoz jQuery version.

www.gsisconnectster.ucoz.net
Natashko

Message # 106 | 2:53 PM
Movies-Source, please provide a website name for us to check.
Movies-Source

Message # 107 | 3:11 PM
Natashko

Message # 108 | 3:26 PM
Movies-Source, I have registered at your website and then logged in without any problems. What kind of login problems were you referring to?
Movies-Source

Message # 109 | 3:36 PM
they tell me that the register and then when trying to login they are redirecting to a russin site sad
Natashko

Message # 110 | 4:06 PM
Movies-Source,
Quote (Movies-Source)
they tell me that the register and then when trying to login they are redirecting to a russin site

Which Russian site? The problem wasn't confirmed again. There is an option at the top of the website that offers to translate the website in Russian. Maybe that is what your users used or meant.
Movies-Source

Message # 111 | 4:49 PM
in the top part of website i have add a menu and a search engine you think there are causing the problem?
Natashko

Message # 112 | 10:48 AM
Movies-Source,
Quote (Movies-Source)
in the top part of website i have add a menu and a search engine you think there are causing the problem?

I think there are no problems and I think one of your users got confused with something. You better find out exactly what has happened to that user and whether it is happening again.
Movies-Source

Message # 113 | 0:37 AM
the point is that is not only one user...at least 9-10 users have contact me for that reason
Natashko

Message # 114 | 8:17 AM
Movies-Source,
Quote (Movies-Source)
the point is that is not only one user...at least 9-10 users have contact me for that reason

For what reason?? Be specific. Provide a screenshot of the error they see, because we can't confirm any of the mentioned by you problems.
coraline

Message # 115 | 3:58 PM
It's a pity that I can't transalte the refistration form into my native language.
lilu

Message # 116 | 2:33 PM
coraline, you can edit the registration form if you have activated local registration (you can do it in the module settings of the module "Users") at your website: Control Panel - Design - Design management - User login page. But mind that if you want to activate local users you need to be premium user (it means you need to pay at least for one service)
Hope

Message # 117 | 4:01 AM
I have added a group called "buyer". How can I make it the default group for user registration? Also, how to hide the Group field at the Registration Form? There's no need to show it as all registered users will be assigned to "buyer" group automatically.
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 118 | 5:21 AM
Quote (Hope)
I have added a group called "buyer". How can I make it the default group for user registration?

it is impossible by standard ways. You can do this if you're a premium user. If you are, switch on the local users in general settings, and set up the fields of registration form in "Common Settings". By the way, you'll be able to set "Allow to select this group during registration" flag in the settings of your group called "buyer", and users will be able to select this group during registration.
Hope

Message # 119 | 5:46 AM
Yes, I am a premium user.

As I remember, their are some limitations to the original User group. So, for convenience, i created a new group called "buyer". All newly registered users will be put in to this group. So, there's no need to choose in the registration form. How to make "buyer" the default group? The original "User" group will not be used at all.

Also, how can i rearrange the order of the fields in the registration form?
o_lisovenko
ico.ukit.com

Message # 120 | 5:56 AM
Quote (Hope)
How to make "buyer" the default group?

It isn't possible.

Quote (Hope)
Also, how can i rearrange the order of the fields in the registration form?

You can do it in users' module settings: http://screencast.com/t/CzVZPY79x
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Search: