uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Registration form
superbasti

Message # 1 | 4:38 AM
For websites with the uID sign-in method (uID users)

It is not possible to edit the uID registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID.

For websites with the local sign-in method (local users)

It is possible to change/edit the local registration form.

To change the fields of the registration form go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Fields of the registration form:
There are two columns of checkboxes near each field name. The first checkbox enables/disables a field, the second checkbox makes the field required/optional.

The default field names can be changed in Control Panel -> Substitution of default phrases -> Form for registering new site users. i.e. you can change the names into any names you need.

You can edit the template code of the registration form in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration form and the code of the registration page in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration page.

To change the sign-in method on your website, go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of user authorization. Remember: switching to "local users” is available for premium users only (those who pay for any of paid packages for any period).

If the default registration form is not working, it is desirable to check the following:

!) JavaScript must be enabled in your browser;

!) your browser must accept cookies;

!) there can be a script conflict if you use third-party JavaScript or jQuery versions, incompatible with the uCoz jQuery version.

www.gsisconnectster.ucoz.net
Natashko

Message # 91 | 8:31 AM
Kness, It is not possible to edit the uNet registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID. See more about it here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-52-1#200
But if you want to change the page with personal information (profile page), go to CP->Main » Substitution of default phrases->Form for registering new site users->change "Your signature" into whatever yo need and Save
If this is not what you are interested in, be more specific. A screenshot might be useful.
DSGames

Message # 92 | 3:40 PM
Well , I'm new here , I tried to change some fields on registragion form, but it's change in the page wich we use to change it , but when i go to the site and go to the registration page it looks normal, without my changes. Sorry my english and please i need fast Answers plzzz
Natashko

Message # 93 | 3:43 PM
DSGames, please read the first post carefully.
It is not possible to edit the uNet registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID.
DSGames

Message # 94 | 3:50 PM
But's where came the weird think, i had a site that i do the changings and it worked. I wasn't premium
Natashko

Message # 95 | 4:03 PM
DSGames,
Quote (DSGames)
But's where came the weird think, i had a site that i do the changings and it worked. I wasn't premium

please provide both websites names. Specify when exactly did you edit registration form on the website you refer too. Btw, all you need is to pay for any service that costs more than $2 once and it will be enough for you to change the authorization method to local users. Does it sound like an answer?
luxeon___

Message # 96 | 8:09 PM
I have a problem with registering on my site when you try to do new registration and the field you need to write email when you write an email I wrote

Impossible to execute the request, try again later
You should specify a valid e-mail address. The system will send the confirmation e-mail to the specified address.

Please help me
Natashko

Message # 97 | 9:48 AM
luxeon___,
Quote (luxeon___)
I have a problem with registering on my site when you try to do new registration and the field you need to write email when you write an email I wrote

This message:
Quote (luxeon___)
Impossible to execute the request, try again later

appeared due to technical problems at our end, but everything works fine now.
This message:
Quote (luxeon___)
You should specify a valid e-mail address. The system will send the confirmation e-mail to the specified address.

is just a regular warning. It appears always.
uNet authorization works fine at your website now.
touffiksteven

Message # 98 | 5:08 PM
please help me , i have a problem , so cant get new users because when a new user register he/she cant get a confirmation e-mail !! i tried it myself and i cant get the confirmation e-mail !! sad sad
Natashko

Message # 99 | 8:14 AM
touffiksteven,
Quote (touffiksteven)
please help me , i have a problem , so cant get new users because when a new user register he/she cant get a confirmation e-mail !! i tried it myself and i cant get the confirmation e-mail !!

I have answered you here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-13278-81237-16-1313133191 It is against forum rules to create similar threads. Please do not break the rules and stick to one thread. Thank you.
Hope

Message # 100 | 9:55 AM
How to add file uploader and more text field in the registration form? Will these newly added information appear in user's profile automatically?

Added (2011-08-29, 3:55 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Anyone knows?

Natashko

Message # 101 | 11:08 AM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
How to add file uploader and more text field in the registration form?

I do not think you can add file uploader. But you can use other fields of registration form that can be found in CP->Users » Module settings->Fields of the registration form. Their names can be edited via Substitution of default phrases option.
Quote (Hope)
Will these newly added information appear in user's profile automatically?

You can set Information, displayed on the page with the list of users in CP->Users » Module settings
paragogos

Message # 102 | 3:33 PM
HOW CAN I CUSTOMIZE REGISTRATION FORM? IS THERE A CODE? I WANT TO MAKE MY REGISTRATION FORM LIKE THIS ON THE TOP..HELP PLEASEEEE sad I WANT THIS HTML CODE
http://www.extracafe.rs/
Natashko

Message # 103 | 1:46 PM
paragogos, It is not possible to edit the uNet registration form. The registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID. It is possible to change/edit the local registration form. To do so go to CP->Design->Design management->User registration form
It is possible to change "Allowed methods of users authorization" from uNet users to Local users, by buying any package or a service that costs more than 2 dollars once. To change the authorization method go to CP->Users->Module settings->Allowed methods of users authorization.
All available payment methods are in Control Panel -> $ -> Paid services. http://faq.ucoz.com/screenshots/paid_service_packages.png
Movies-Source

Message # 104 | 2:46 PM
hey guys before a while i add some scripts to my website from a russian site about ucoz...since then my users have login problems...i am a premium memebes and i am using local users...but i don't know exactly where the problem is...i try it my self but i found no problem...what can i do?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 105 | 2:51 PM
Movies-Source, if you are using third-party scripts you will need to disable them. Some browsers may process the script differently and cause a problem with the login, even sites that supply scripts for uCoz are prone to cause some problems unless you can guarantee it is has been tested in all browsers.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Search: