uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Registration form
superbasti

Message # 1 | 4:38 AM
For websites with the uID sign-in method (uID users)

It is not possible to edit the uID registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID.

For websites with the local sign-in method (local users)

It is possible to change/edit the local registration form.

To change the fields of the registration form go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Fields of the registration form:
There are two columns of checkboxes near each field name. The first checkbox enables/disables a field, the second checkbox makes the field required/optional.

The default field names can be changed in Control Panel -> Substitution of default phrases -> Form for registering new site users. i.e. you can change the names into any names you need.

You can edit the template code of the registration form in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration form and the code of the registration page in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration page.

To change the sign-in method on your website, go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of user authorization. Remember: switching to "local users” is available for premium users only (those who pay for any of paid packages for any period).

If the default registration form is not working, it is desirable to check the following:

!) JavaScript must be enabled in your browser;

!) your browser must accept cookies;

!) there can be a script conflict if you use third-party JavaScript or jQuery versions, incompatible with the uCoz jQuery version.

www.gsisconnectster.ucoz.net
fortunate1

Message # 61 | 7:27 PM
hello, no one can seem to get in to register to my site they get, "admin login and under service". I have gone over and over the users and group permissions. I see no activation for allowing others to even view my site. What have I checked /unchecked please? I'm sorry for being a bother but I am totally lost.
Thanks
Dartz

Message # 62 | 8:22 PM
You have two choices.

1. Grant people administrators group. (Not recommended)
2. Remove "Site temporary down" inside Common Settings.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
fortunate1

Message # 63 | 3:28 AM
smile well that is simple enough and thank you for replying.
puddleuk

Message # 64 | 12:09 PM
Hello,
I have just started to let a few people sign up to my site but they shared one annoying problem they had with registration.... the captcha text.
The problem was that the text didn't register properly in firefox (although I didn't have this problem).

I don't want to have my future members to have this problem so Is it possible to remove the captcha from the registration page?

Thank you for reading.

puddleuk

Message # 65 | 12:24 PM
Quote (Sunny)
no, it is not possible, as it is necessary for the reasons of security.

Ok, thanks for the quick answer, But is the problem in firefox being worked on?, are you aware of it?

puddleuk

Message # 66 | 6:40 PM
This is what one person has said

"Wow the sites awesome and a great idea but it won't let me sign up when I add my nickname. The little animation next to the bar where I write my nickname doesn't change into a tick or cross which prevents me signing up I tried with both IE8 and FF"

What are your thoughts on this?

Lud@k

Message # 67 | 2:39 AM
Lud@k-nickname
http://piraterijaw.at.ua - probamo nesto novo...
Post edited by Lud@k - Friday, 2010-07-02, 2:40 AM
Sunny

Message # 68 | 9:11 AM
Lud@k, are you this user? Since you were able to sign up to this forum, the problem must have been solved.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
puddleuk

Message # 69 | 2:50 AM
"Hello there. I am having difficulty registering for your website in both FIrefox and IE. I've cleared cookies and restarted computer but no success. Keeps telling me Captcha image is wrong even when I have a green check mark."

This is another message I have gotten.
I'm almost sure the problem is local Or they are running older version of internet browser.

at the moment all I can do Is manually create accounts for people with issues.
I think the thing about the username having a space is good, I will let people know about that to see if that helps smile

Ps: Lud@k is not a member i am aware of, Most members use the same username as on another site and stuff like @ are not allowed in usernames there.
Probably just spam i guess wink

pakura

Message # 70 | 12:58 PM
plz help me on my site hasn't registration and loginf form.
I have custome template, my site is

No Salvation this page: /index/3 an loginf link when I will enter on the pages I moving main page. why?

Sunny

Message # 71 | 1:19 PM
pakura, make sure you did not disable the Users module in Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings.
pakura

Message # 72 | 6:25 PM
oo yes Thank you very much.
Admistrator

Message # 73 | 3:56 PM
I'm having problems on my website, when i want to change the ucoz user to local user's and i save it, i go back a second later to see if it work and it is on ucoz user again. How can i fix this problem?

How do i know what if the box is disabled, and or is option?

Post edited by Admistrator - Tuesday, 2010-07-27, 3:57 PM
Sunny

Message # 74 | 7:18 AM
Admistrator, switching to local users is available for premium users only. To become a premium user you can pay for any paid package for any period (see the first post of this thread).
Lykos

Message # 75 | 0:18 AM
For myw ebsite, on the 'Substitution of Default Phrases' option, I changed the City and State parts of the form to 'Main Server' and 'HI2 Username' to make it easier for my website members to identify each other.

However, my newest member's profile (who registered after I substituted the default phrases) still has City and State! And when I made a test account from the Users page on the CP, the same thing And I cannot edit the City and State part of my profile as well.

I logged out of my account on my site, and went to test out the 'new' registration form. Again, no change whatsoever.

It's not dramatically changing the form, so it's not a problem with the 'local users' or something, at least not yet. It's totally legit, and should work with all free accounts because it's just substituting phrases, not actual parts of the form.

How can I put those new features of the form to use? D:

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Search: