uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Registration form
superbasti

Message # 1 | 4:38 AM
For websites with the uID sign-in method (uID users)

It is not possible to edit the uID registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID.

For websites with the local sign-in method (local users)

It is possible to change/edit the local registration form.

To change the fields of the registration form go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Fields of the registration form:
There are two columns of checkboxes near each field name. The first checkbox enables/disables a field, the second checkbox makes the field required/optional.

The default field names can be changed in Control Panel -> Substitution of default phrases -> Form for registering new site users. i.e. you can change the names into any names you need.

You can edit the template code of the registration form in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration form and the code of the registration page in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration page.

To change the sign-in method on your website, go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of user authorization. Remember: switching to "local users” is available for premium users only (those who pay for any of paid packages for any period).

If the default registration form is not working, it is desirable to check the following:

!) JavaScript must be enabled in your browser;

!) your browser must accept cookies;

!) there can be a script conflict if you use third-party JavaScript or jQuery versions, incompatible with the uCoz jQuery version.

www.gsisconnectster.ucoz.net
Hybrid4525

Message # 46 | 11:23 PM
How do u get rid of every field except for

Username:
Password:
Email:

Tommy

Message # 47 | 7:25 AM
Hybrid4525,
Quote (Sunny)
Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Fields of the registration form:

You can't get rid of Security Code, coz of security reasons.

Read the posts in this thread before making one. Everything is already answered.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
jlt1

Message # 48 | 2:49 AM
I wish Ucoz would update their registration forms to where we can completely customize it, without us having to code it. I don't know how to code custom forms. The default field is not cutting it for me, or other people. Renaming fields is very limited in help. Its been like this ever since I've started using Ucoz. Call me noob if you will, but this is just my opinion.
dry
Post edited by jlt1 - Wednesday, 2010-03-03, 2:56 AM
NTP

Message # 49 | 2:48 AM
Making textboxes is fairly easy. The hard thing though is how to get the information written in the textbox to appear on the profile once the person is registered?
Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
ajzone

Message # 50 | 1:40 PM
same problam as hentai, im going to start paying as soon as i finished my work, but i want the control bar at the top to not be there for anything else but the admin, (me), and all users that sign up seem to have a thing were there on the unet website, i dont want my site to be part of unet i want it to look completely on its own, sad and get rid of the U sign in the log in, would that go if i start paying for the package? i want to change the favicon, but i will just try to re locate the forum for that lol, any help would be appreciated, im kind of new wink oh and i just wanna do something that will take all things for signing up to unet aswell, hopefully most will go but i dont want to start paying for a package untill i know it will work, smile
Unique

Message # 51 | 1:54 PM
ajzone, Favicon: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-6836-1 You can become a premium user and use "local users" option. Then your users wont have panel at top and you will get rid of "U" sign at login and registration forms - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-9877-1
ajzone

Message # 52 | 9:04 PM
thank you very much biggrin
Deme

Message # 53 | 4:07 PM
Hello.

Where can i EDIT Registration page?
for example : i want to take out from registration page Personal Photo or Avatar?
i find in Control panel this : Main » Customize design » User Registration Page and Main » Customize design » User Registration Form but i cant see there Words which are
on Registration page, PLEASE HELP! sad

Dartz

Message # 54 | 7:12 PM
If you're using uNet users then you can't modify registration form.
If you're using Local users then you don't need to edit code page.

Remove avatar field: Users -> Module settings -> un-mark avatar.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Administrator

Message # 55 | 12:15 PM
Quote (Dartz)
If you're using Local users then you don't need to edit code page.

But how change to Local users?
It only for Premium users?

Sunny

Message # 56 | 1:05 PM
Quote (Administrator)
It only for Premium users?

Yes, switching to local users is available for premium users only. i.e. those who paid for any of paid packages for any period at least once.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ibis

Message # 57 | 5:14 AM
I'd like to un-require last name and city for signing up for my website (some younger players will be visiting, and their parents asked to remove this feature). How can I do this? As in remove the little red * next to the field, and have either blank or a blue *
Dartz

Message # 58 | 10:01 AM
CP -> Users -> Module Settings -> Fields of the registration form.

UnMark second square from "City" variant. As for last name, no one is
required to fill "Name" field with full name. Just enter first name with no
last name.

uCozFollower

Message # 59 | 9:16 PM
Hi there,

Can i add "Upload Own Photo" field in Local User Registration? If Yes, How?

Thank you beforehand for your Help smile

Dartz

Message # 60 | 11:42 AM
You can't.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Search: