uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Registration form
superbasti

Message # 1 | 4:38 AM
For websites with the uID sign-in method (uID users)

It is not possible to edit the uID registration form, the registration form and the fields in it are the same for all websites that support uID.

For websites with the local sign-in method (local users)

It is possible to change/edit the local registration form.

To change the fields of the registration form go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Fields of the registration form:
There are two columns of checkboxes near each field name. The first checkbox enables/disables a field, the second checkbox makes the field required/optional.

The default field names can be changed in Control Panel -> Substitution of default phrases -> Form for registering new site users. i.e. you can change the names into any names you need.

You can edit the template code of the registration form in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration form and the code of the registration page in Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User registration page.

To change the sign-in method on your website, go to Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Allowed methods of user authorization. Remember: switching to "local users” is available for premium users only (those who pay for any of paid packages for any period).

If the default registration form is not working, it is desirable to check the following:

!) JavaScript must be enabled in your browser;

!) your browser must accept cookies;

!) there can be a script conflict if you use third-party JavaScript or jQuery versions, incompatible with the uCoz jQuery version.

www.gsisconnectster.ucoz.net
Sunny

Message # 76 | 7:11 AM
Lykos, what registration form do you have on your website, local or uNet? As for the profile, you can edit the field names via Control Panel -> Customize Design -> User personal page.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Lykos

Message # 77 | 7:30 AM
uNet at ze moment. I'm hoping to save up my allowance and/or get a job and/or sell some of my model horse customs for some money to get local, and my first domain name (eeee!)

It's really confusing me now... I have everything set up right, I think. However, I can't (and nobody else can) edit their city or state, which I have changed to Main Server and HI2 Username... Any clue as to how that can be done, or are all members doomed?

Sunny

Message # 78 | 7:38 AM
Quote (Lykos)
uNet at ze moment.

It means that you cannot edit the registration form.

Quote (Lykos)
I can't (and nobody else can) edit their city or state, which I have changed to Main Server and HI2 Username...

Users have uNet profiles, and those fields can be edited via their Webtops at uNet.com, and I am afraid they won't be able to put anything they want on those fields. Therefore I suggest that you rename and use other fields for your purposes, or switch to local users.

Lykos

Message # 79 | 7:40 AM
Okay...

What fields could work, then? It'd just be words, such as Lykos or Sunny for the usernames, and various horse colors like Chestnut, Bay, Gray and so on for the 'Main Server' part...

Sunny

Message # 80 | 7:03 AM
Lykos, check your profile and see the fields that can be edited from your website directly, not via uNet. I suggest such fields as ICQ, AOL, MSN.
Ryohei

Message # 81 | 4:04 AM
Is there a way to add more security for those registering to my forums, like asking for a password that they must enter in order to register?
Sunny

Message # 82 | 8:35 AM
Ryohei, you can only set passwords for separate forum boards. You can do the following: disable all permissions for the group "Users", and move only the members you trust to "Checked" manually.
Brendo

Message # 83 | 9:59 AM
Hello, I've been working on a site when I deleted all the buttons, I can hide things from guests with the <?if ($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?>
But I made a register button and I don't know how to hide it from members signed in, please help.

Sorry for bothering, I'm such a noob at using uCoz, but it is the BEST site creator ever! it even has cool domains like .at.ua!!

Natashko

Message # 84 | 10:42 AM
Brendo,
Quote (Brendo)
But I made a register button and I don't know how to hide it from members signed in,

I am not sure I understand you. Do you want the registered user not to see it? If they are logged in to your website they do not see the registration button.
Will you kindly rephrase your question for us to be able to help you and answer it. Please, specify what exactly are you interested in.
Brendo

Message # 85 | 5:58 AM
I want only guests to view register button, not users signed in.
CoffeeCone

Message # 86 | 7:18 AM
Quote (Brendo)
I want only guests to view register button, not users signed in.

in between ( and $USER_LOGGED_IN$, put a ! mark like the example below

<?if(!$USER_LOGGED_IN$)?>

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Post edited by shadowslash - Thursday, 2011-01-06, 7:19 AM
Animorph

Message # 87 | 7:40 AM
Brendo, youneed to do that with conditional operators ofcourse use these codes

Code
<?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?>nothing<?else?>register code<?endif?>

nothing else is needed

more about conditional operators is here
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-471-1

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Kness

Message # 88 | 7:37 AM
How can you add more stuff to the registration page like: subscribe to our mailing form! like that?
My Projects:
CodeResolution

Message # 89 | 7:49 AM
Kness, if you are using uID then you already have a subscribe to mailing list in the registration form. But you must have a mailing category. Look at http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-3340-1
If however, you are using Local Users you can use the following tag:
Code
$SUBSCRIPTION_FL$

What other things do you want?

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Kness

Message # 90 | 7:51 AM
Okay, in registration form in the sub phrase for signature i change it to bio but when i click on the register form the bio form does not show?
My Projects:
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration form (modifications, change of field names)
Search: