uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
Ban - How to ban someone ?
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:30 PM
Ban by username.

Is realized by means of reproofs.

Ban by IP address.

Is realized by means of admin-bar and forbids activity on the whole site.

Admin Bar » Control » IP blocking

1. Each IP address must be entered in a new line.
2. You can specify both full IP addresses and subnetworks (e.g. "205.105" means 205.105.x.x).

The bans both by a username and IP prohibits user’s activity but doesn’t prevent him from viewing the site. If you want to prohibit someone from viewing the site you must adjust user group permissions. There are the following options for this purpose:

1. View users' personal pages (profiles)
2. Read comments
3. Read forums (ability to enter a forum)
4. Read entries (Guestbook, Publisher, Blog, Site News)
5. View photos
6. Browse the catalog (File Catalog, Site Catalog)
7. View Ad Board
8. Read FAQ
9. Post mail forms
10. Take part in polls

You must remember that IP ban doesn’t mean that you have got rid of a hooligan forever. Many users have dynamic IPs, some users use proxy and some have a corporative network: if you ban one user you’ll also ban a number of harmless users. And don’t forget that the ban by a username is also not the best decision: it’s not a problem to register a new username. You can use the following methods to protect your site from undesirable visitors:

1. Create a separate group with no permissions and move there all delinquents.

2. Ordinary users can read everything but their permissions to write are limited. Only checked users can write.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
khen1

Message # 76 | 10:01 PM
How can i but it like every page ?
even main page ?
that, he /she cannot log-in in my site, and appears ''error'' or smthing like this. ?
I want it all my pages . i must to copy all of this every page ?:S
Blazer

Message # 77 | 11:46 PM
khen1, i dont think it is possible ( as far as i know )
If i helped you + My Reputation and Give me an Award.
Natashko

Message # 78 | 2:43 PM
khen1, and I think it might be possible. But please elaborate. What exactly do you want to do? What is your final result?
Zahidali1030

Message # 79 | 4:01 PM
Thanks Admin

Really Helping Topic

I need that

Thanks once again

if I Help you Then + my Reputation and give me an award

Tricks Land-----Amazing Computer Tricks
khen1

Message # 80 | 6:28 PM
Natashko, I want that , someone who i add into the banned group , he / she cannot log-in and he can be only in main page.:)
Animorph

Message # 81 | 5:06 PM
khen1, that is not possible you can use conditional operators to redirect logged in banned users to your homepage with conditional operators
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 82 | 12:39 PM
khen1, I respectfully disagree with Animorph. It can be done by means of setting users groups permissions.
Expert1510

Message # 83 | 3:50 AM
how can I completely block somebody by IP adress, when i do they can still send messages, read posts, and stuff like that. I want them to suffer by not being able to send messages or look at the forums.
khen

Message # 84 | 5:01 AM
Logged in in your website. Go to your Admin Bar (located in the uppermost part of your site) > Control > Ip Blocking
Susmoy

Message # 85 | 5:48 AM
Expert1510, By Blocking Ip address you can stop him/her from registering in your site !

Regards

If I Help you then Please +Rep and Awards
toithichthutrang_thutrang

Message # 86 | 2:51 AM
Thank..... smile
I love Ucoz
Natashko

Message # 87 | 9:11 AM
Expert1510, The bans both by a username and IP prohibits user’s activity but doesn’t prevent him from viewing the site. If you want to prohibit someone from viewing the site you must adjust user group permissions.
You must remember that IP ban doesn’t mean that you have got rid of a hooligan forever. Many users have dynamic IPs, some users use proxy and some have a corporative network.
Susmoy

Message # 88 | 1:04 PM
Hello uCozers,

Hope you are all well by the grace of god,

I have got a script for Banned users and I also made a block about that on my site and named it as "BANPAGE"

the script is this:

and the Global Block Code is this: $GLOBAL_BANPAGE$

But When I put this Global Block code on my site Page it shows both , I mean It shows the Main page and the BAN Page too,

But I want to show only the BAN Page only for Banned Users..

How Do I DO?

Natashko

Message # 89 | 1:19 PM
Susmoy, use conditional operators to output different pages for different groups
Susmoy

Message # 90 | 2:49 PM
Natashko, Ma'am I know it can be done by Conditional Operators , Can you show me some Examples or Demo?

Please Ma'am, it will help me..

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
Search: