• Page 7 of 7
  • «
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
Ban - How to ban someone ?
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:30 PM
Ban by username.

Is realized by means of reproofs.

Ban by IP address.

Is realized by means of admin-bar and forbids activity on the whole site.

Admin Bar » Control » IP blocking

1. Each IP address must be entered in a new line.
2. You can specify both full IP addresses and subnetworks (e.g. "205.105" means 205.105.x.x).

The bans both by a username and IP prohibits user’s activity but doesn’t prevent him from viewing the site. If you want to prohibit someone from viewing the site you must adjust user group permissions. There are the following options for this purpose:

1. View users' personal pages (profiles)
2. Read comments
3. Read forums (ability to enter a forum)
4. Read entries (Guestbook, Publisher, Blog, Site News)
5. View photos
6. Browse the catalog (File Catalog, Site Catalog)
7. View Ad Board
8. Read FAQ
9. Post mail forms
10. Take part in polls

You must remember that IP ban doesn’t mean that you have got rid of a hooligan forever. Many users have dynamic IPs, some users use proxy and some have a corporative network: if you ban one user you’ll also ban a number of harmless users. And don’t forget that the ban by a username is also not the best decision: it’s not a problem to register a new username. You can use the following methods to protect your site from undesirable visitors:

1. Create a separate group with no permissions and move there all delinquents.

2. Ordinary users can read everything but their permissions to write are limited. Only checked users can write.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Natashko

Message # 91 | 3:21 PM
Susmoy,
Quote (Susmoy)
Ma'am I know it can be done by Conditional Operators , Can you show me some Examples or Demo?

As you know we do not provide help with custom coding. And you need to learn HTML and CSS yourself. I will give you the example, but that is it. Only the example:
Code
<?if($GROUP_ID$ = 255)?>code for blocked group<?else?>code for the rest of users<?endif?>

Another number should be used instead of 255, but it has to be ID of the blocked group!!!
Susmoy

Message # 92 | 3:29 PM
Natashko, Yup Ma'am Thanks..You're the best
If I Help you then Please +Rep and Awards
Susmoy

Message # 93 | 6:30 PM
Thanks All this Code are really usefull !! smile

Added (2011-09-04, 12:30 PM)
---------------------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript">if('$IP_ADDRESS$'=='ip_address')window.location.href="http://site_name/index/10-0-0";</script>

Will this code work?

To Logout By IP ?

Natashko

Message # 94 | 1:42 PM
Susmoy,
Quote (Susmoy)
Will this code work?

Yes, it will.
Susmoy

Message # 95 | 7:15 PM
Natashko, Wow, that will awesome, my first Best Edited Script with the help of Sunny , Lol

Thanks uCoz

Alex-Sk™

Message # 96 | 10:27 AM
Sunny, look at my website, please. My IP is bloking. Advise me what to do? I'm owner this site.

http://tuanhai.do.am

Thanks.

Added (2012-05-31, 4:27 AM)
---------------------------------------------
All is Ok now, thanks Ucoz.

Post edited by Alex-Sk™ - Thursday, 2012-05-31, 9:05 AM
Jezxx

Message # 97 | 4:59 PM
Sunny, I'm recently new to the community and a registered user is now on the website I created, and I don't want them there anymore. I blocked them and denied all permissions available to them, however I am wanting to remove them completely from my websites "user's" page, how do I do this?
Sunny

Message # 98 | 6:23 AM
Jezxx, it is not possible to remove a user if you have the uNet sign-in system on your website (it is just useless as a user will be able to log in at any time, it is better to block such users). A user can be removed from the list only if you switch to local users. This option is available only for premium users (users who have paid for any of paid services at any time and for any period).
Most_One

Message # 99 | 9:48 PM
How do I block China's access to my site?
Sunny

Message # 100 | 3:04 PM
Most_One, I'm afraid that's not possible.
Most_One

Message # 101 | 11:22 AM
Sunny, please, add a banning option for a whole country by its IP. I don't need chinese people, just a little and I'll become a racist.

Pleaseeeee
Sunny

Message # 102 | 3:23 PM
Most_One, first of all that's not in my power smile You can post it as a suggestion here. In any case there is such thing as proxies and anonymity services, so if people from China want to visit your website, there is hardly any reliable method to prevent it.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Search: