uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
Ban - How to ban someone ?
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:30 PM
Ban by username.

Is realized by means of reproofs.

Ban by IP address.

Is realized by means of admin-bar and forbids activity on the whole site.

Admin Bar » Control » IP blocking

1. Each IP address must be entered in a new line.
2. You can specify both full IP addresses and subnetworks (e.g. "205.105" means 205.105.x.x).

The bans both by a username and IP prohibits user’s activity but doesn’t prevent him from viewing the site. If you want to prohibit someone from viewing the site you must adjust user group permissions. There are the following options for this purpose:

1. View users' personal pages (profiles)
2. Read comments
3. Read forums (ability to enter a forum)
4. Read entries (Guestbook, Publisher, Blog, Site News)
5. View photos
6. Browse the catalog (File Catalog, Site Catalog)
7. View Ad Board
8. Read FAQ
9. Post mail forms
10. Take part in polls

You must remember that IP ban doesn’t mean that you have got rid of a hooligan forever. Many users have dynamic IPs, some users use proxy and some have a corporative network: if you ban one user you’ll also ban a number of harmless users. And don’t forget that the ban by a username is also not the best decision: it’s not a problem to register a new username. You can use the following methods to protect your site from undesirable visitors:

1. Create a separate group with no permissions and move there all delinquents.

2. Ordinary users can read everything but their permissions to write are limited. Only checked users can write.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Animorph

Message # 61 | 8:46 PM
Dear Staff

i'm was reading and searching for a long time but i did not find any information so i will ask it here

Is there any way to block a country to visit your website ?

and if there is an option would u please explain me how

Best regards

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Sunny

Message # 62 | 7:59 AM
Animorph, I am afraid there is no such feature. You can try to block IPs from a certain country but there are proxies to avoid such blocking.
Animorph

Message # 63 | 9:05 AM
Sunny, o well thankyou for the reply sunny

another question am i able to upload a .htaccess to my file manager and get it working to block countries

could u take a look at this http://www.blockacountry.com/

i'm not sure if its gonna work if u upload it to the uCoz services

Post edited by Animorph - Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 2:57 PM
Sunny

Message # 64 | 2:08 PM
Quote (Animorph)
another question am i able to upload a .htaccess to my file manager and get it working to block countries

Unfortunately no, you cannot use .htaccess on uCoz websites.

Animorph

Message # 65 | 2:21 PM
Sunny, o well thanks for the reply
HorseIsleSense

Message # 66 | 1:46 AM
Is there a way to change how Reproofs go up by 20%.. by making them go up by a different percentage each time, or being able to choose how much they go up by?

I have some common situations that happen on a guide that don't require 20%, and some that require more...

Natashko

Message # 67 | 3:14 PM
HorseIsleSense,
Quote (HorseIsleSense)
Is there a way to change how Reproofs go up by 20%.. by making them go up by a different percentage each time, or being able to choose how much they go up by?

it is not possible, as far as I am aware
Ronzky

Message # 68 | 8:34 PM

Hello, how can I make a page like in the image above? The global ban page thing didnt work out on me.. What I did is I created a new page using the pages management i paste this code:

and name it with Global Ban. After that I paste this code:
in my site pages but when I test a banned user, nothing happens.. can someone help me?
Attachments: 1670353.jpg (27.2 Kb)
Post edited by Ronzky - Thursday, 2011-05-19, 8:37 PM
Animorph

Message # 69 | 9:53 PM
Ronzky, go to CP ---> Design ---> Design management (templates) ----> Choose option [Global blocks] ---> Create and name it BANPAGE and then follow the tutorial and it will work.
Ronzky

Message # 70 | 7:52 PM
its not working on me. Can you please help me?
Sanjay_149

Message # 71 | 5:48 AM
Ronzky, working fine..

<?if($GROUP_ID$=255)?>$GLOBAL_BANPAGE$<?else?>

(Here all content of site code.)
<html>
<head>

</body>

</html>

<?endif?>

Unlike computers, no human brain has ever said:" Hard drive full."
Vogradify

Message # 72 | 10:17 AM
Ronzky, follow theese 2 steps and it works
Step 1 : Into Acces Denied page put :

Code
<!-- Access is forbidden-->   
<html>   
   <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://baseshock.net/banned.html">
<body bgcolor="#000">   
$POWERED_BY$

Step 2: Download this WinRar Archive, Extract it to desktop, and Upload the file in File Manager
Link : Click me

It works just fine , and the best part is : the banned guy cannot log out unless they erase all cookies or change browser ,and most noobs dont know how to biggrin

Post edited by Vogradify - Saturday, 2011-05-21, 10:18 AM
DimaMU15

Message # 73 | 3:40 AM
So how could I prevent someone to visit\see my website? I know their static ip address.
Quote (Sunny)
If you want to prohibit someone from viewing the site you must adjust user group permissions.

I have no clue how to do that. I can't find any options that relates to ban specific ip address. I must be missing something.
Natashko

Message # 74 | 3:40 PM
DimaMU15,
Quote (DimaMU15)
So how could I prevent someone to visit\see my website? I know their static ip address.

Login to your website as administrator->Admin Bar » Control » IP blocking.
Quote (DimaMU15)
I have no clue how to do that. I can't find any options that relates to ban specific ip address. I must be missing something.

You can also set permissions for users in the way you want. To do so go to Control panel->Users-.User groups->Set permissions for all groups. And then just transfer users from the users group manually. Groups are discussed here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7
DimaMU15

Message # 75 | 6:30 PM
Quote (Natashko)
Login to your website as administrator->Admin Bar » Control » IP blocking.

I know. But this still does not prevent them to see my website. Only user activity.
Also I don't even need to bother doing something with groups, because I don't offer registration on my website.

Added (2011-05-24, 12:30 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Never mind, I used redirection script.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
Search: