uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
Ban - How to ban someone ?
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:30 PM
Ban by username.

Is realized by means of reproofs.

Ban by IP address.

Is realized by means of admin-bar and forbids activity on the whole site.

Admin Bar » Control » IP blocking

1. Each IP address must be entered in a new line.
2. You can specify both full IP addresses and subnetworks (e.g. "205.105" means 205.105.x.x).

The bans both by a username and IP prohibits user’s activity but doesn’t prevent him from viewing the site. If you want to prohibit someone from viewing the site you must adjust user group permissions. There are the following options for this purpose:

1. View users' personal pages (profiles)
2. Read comments
3. Read forums (ability to enter a forum)
4. Read entries (Guestbook, Publisher, Blog, Site News)
5. View photos
6. Browse the catalog (File Catalog, Site Catalog)
7. View Ad Board
8. Read FAQ
9. Post mail forms
10. Take part in polls

You must remember that IP ban doesn’t mean that you have got rid of a hooligan forever. Many users have dynamic IPs, some users use proxy and some have a corporative network: if you ban one user you’ll also ban a number of harmless users. And don’t forget that the ban by a username is also not the best decision: it’s not a problem to register a new username. You can use the following methods to protect your site from undesirable visitors:

1. Create a separate group with no permissions and move there all delinquents.

2. Ordinary users can read everything but their permissions to write are limited. Only checked users can write.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
WAWA

Message # 46 | 8:06 PM
You guys are the best!!!
Thank you so much, Dartz. and also Thanks to mehaNik, too.

This is what I always want. I'll try and see if it works!!
pretty good. =]

Added (2010-05-03, 2:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hey Dartz,

I'm sorry for bothering you again but can you please check the script you gave me one more time?
because it didn't seem to work now, I mean, it used to work perfectly before but now it doesn't.

Post edited by WAWA - Sunday, 2010-04-11, 6:41 PM
Dartz

Message # 47 | 11:18 AM
Mike and me checked and there are no problems with the code. Works fine.
Explain step-by-step what are you doing. Make sure you enter a correct ID.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
levough

Message # 48 | 2:21 PM
HI MS SUNNY,

GREETINGS!

IM THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE SITE UNDER THE WEBHOST OF UCOZ,.BUT THEN I WANT TO BANN ONE IP ADDRESS THAT HE WILL NOT ABLE TO SEE THE MAIN PAGE OF THE SITE NEITHER THE OTHER PAGES AS CONTENT. I ALREADY PLACE HIS IP ADDRESS AT IP BLOCKING LIST,BUT THEN AS WHAT U HAVE SAID U R RIGHT THAT HE CAN STILL COME AND WATCH THE CONTENTS BUT HE CANT DO ANYTHING.NOW PART OF MY SITE IS HAVING A CHATROOM AND I ALREADY BANNED HIM FROM THE CHATROOM ITSELF,.NOW CAN U PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME IN DETAILS ON HOW AM I GOING TO BANN HIM COMPLETELY ( AS IN HE WILL GET THE PAGE LIKE EXAMPLE,."YOUR IP ADDRESS IS BEING BANNED TO VIEW THIS SITE" OR SITE IS TEMPORARILY NOT WORKING (JUST PRETENDING BUT THE TRUTH IS HE WAS BANNED ALREADY) MS SUNNY I WOULD APPRECIATE IF U CAN REPLY ON THIS HEADACHE FOR ME,.LOLZ,.WELL THANKING U IN ADVANCE SWEETIE! GOD BLESS!

Sunny

Message # 49 | 11:31 AM
levough, do not use Caps and try conditional operators to ban this user - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-471-1
Kayfot-admin

Message # 50 | 7:32 PM
Hi Sunny,
Is there a script allowing to ban a user ip adress from visiting my webpage and redirecting him to another page.
Best Regards
Dave D.
Sunny

Message # 51 | 8:35 AM
Kayfot-admin, IP ban is available via your Admin Bar -> Control -> IP blocking. If you want a user to be redirected, you can use conditional operators and a redirection script.
Dartz

Message # 52 | 12:06 PM
Kayfot-admin, we do not assist users with custom coding.

Sunny isn't a coder, she wont be able to tell much by looking.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Kayfot-admin

Message # 53 | 5:47 PM
Thanks for the info Dartz, i tried the code and it works =).
gianys75

Message # 54 | 11:54 AM
Copyright I fix the problem ... can I give way to the site again ... and I want an answer to know if you delete or keep him
http://www.nod-32.ucoz.org
Sunny

Message # 55 | 12:31 PM
gianys75, if you website was banned by the abuse team, contact them via http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=abuse .
gianys75

Message # 56 | 4:36 PM
yes, but to me it says "Copyright hiding" and do not understand it ... I solved the problem ... more to say once the site is blocked to know how to delete it
http://www.nod-32.ucoz.org
Sunny

Message # 57 | 9:12 AM
gianys75, http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=abuse . We cannot help you here and your question is not related to this thread.
HorseIsleSense

Message # 58 | 4:39 AM
When I block an IP address, and someone who lives at that IP and regularly uses it registers with ANOTHER IP address, and proceed to visit using the blocked one, will they be able to see anything?

Also, is there a way to prevent blocked users from avoiding that block like that? I have three people who were stealing information from my guide (their site is hosted by uCoz, is there a way to report them?) that I do not want registering on my guide...

Thanks,
Wolf

Bloodyboy450

Message # 59 | 2:09 PM
Hey HorseIsleSense,

The user's IP you blocked will not be able to access your site at all. If they go to another area, with a different IP address, then yes they can access your site again. If you banned there IP adress, and the user in general, they can not access your site at all until they make another account on a different IP.

Also please use this to report users here: http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=abuse

Post edited by Bloodyboy450 - Saturday, 2010-10-23, 2:10 PM
HorseIsleSense

Message # 60 | 10:43 PM
Bloodyboy450,

Okay, thanks! smile

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Ban - How to ban someone ? (By IP address, By username ...)
Search: