Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Tag Board » Help on Chat Box (Tag Board)
Help on Chat Box (Tag Board)
Vallina

Message # 211 | 8:51 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Vallina, even if you disable the security code in the user group permissions, they remain in some places, and it's not possible to remove them.

Why not? Then what's the point of having it as an option in the settings? Misleading. wacko
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 212 | 7:58 AM
Vallina, it is done for security purposes and to prevent bots from troubling site owners more so than they do. On the most part security codes are disabled for the users group. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
tamilclashers

Message # 213 | 4:13 AM
Hello,

Is there any way I can make the "Refresh icon, smiley etc and the text box" on top of the chat box? Right now we can see the text box and the smileys below the chat. I am using Design #984. Attached the image file. I want the text where we type and the refresh interval icon and the rest of the icons above the chat. Site users felt it would be easy for them to have the text area on top.

Thanks

Added (2014-10-27, 3:13 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Gentle Reminder!

Any updates plz?

Attachments: 9753912.png (8.4 Kb)
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 214 | 12:14 PM
tamilclashers, apologies about the late reply.

As to what you are asking it is only achievable through the implementation of third party scripting. You would need to hide the preexisting <iframe> that the chat uses and past the new frame in the chat "Form for adding new messages" template where you would like it. If you can provide a site URL I can take a look at your code at get back to you - unless of course you're happy to code it yourself. )

tamilclashers

Message # 215 | 4:51 AM
Paradox,

Thanks for the reply.

No, it's fine as it is. I don't want to mess my template with third party scripting smile I thought it would be a slight change in our existing code smile
Ed05

Message # 216 | 8:48 PM
Is there a way to change username color in tag board by means of user groups? I use code
Code
<?if($USERNAME$=='dana')?><font color=#8bb2ff><b>$USERNAME$</b></font><?else?><b>$USERNAME$</b><?endif?>
but it must be a bether way for this cause with this way i can change color only on one username, else wont work on other names.

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Friday, 2014-11-07, 8:53 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 217 | 9:03 PM
Ed05, you can not use user group as conditional operator in Tag Board with the standard system tools.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Ed05

Message # 218 | 10:22 PM
bigblog, thats strange, there are just users and it could be the option to change colors with condititional operators to avoid that users use large amount of js scripts wich slows page load . Ok tnx. wacko
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Friday, 2014-11-07, 10:23 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 219 | 2:34 AM
Ed05, as long as you are using uCoz conditional codes you should find your page speeds are exactly the same as they as run at a server level. smile
lspiderl

Message # 220 | 6:18 PM
I added the $CHAT_BOX$
code to the bottom of my site and now I have this big block of nothing that says

Added (2015-01-24, 6:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
site is chf.ucoz.com

Attachments: 0088911.png (14.2 Kb)
Cyberdasm

Message # 221 | 3:25 AM
lspiderl, try to use css and division if you want to appear your chat box in a nicer way.
1F4BF3B
lspiderl

Message # 222 | 7:41 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
lspiderl, try to use css and division if you want to appear your chat box in a nicer way.

care to explain a bit more ?

it doesn't appear at all its not functional at all theres no way to post on it and now there is some sort of spam postings there but no way to do anything
Xayaan

Message # 223 | 8:53 PM
Cyberdasm, Please don't mislead users. lspiderl wants to know why the Tag board isn't appearing.

lspiderl, The tag board appears perfectly fine from my side. Does the problem still persist? Try logging out and logging in again.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Cyberdasm

Message # 224 | 8:46 AM
Quote lspiderl ()
I have this big block of nothing that says

Xayaan, sorry i didnt get what his trying to explain.
Quote Xayaan ()
Cyberdasm, Please don't mislead users.

well I didnt want it to happen. Actually if that is his problem then its fine in my browser and i will try to understand the point of view and review before posting, sorry for the inconvenience.

sad
Quote Xayaan ()
Cyberdasm, Please don't mislead users

*Noted*

1F4BF3B
man0

Message # 225 | 3:05 PM
plz help me
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Tag Board » Help on Chat Box (Tag Board)
Search: