uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Secret question and secret answer
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:28 PM
Secret question is an important part of website security. Password changing, changing of security levels, deinstallation of modules - all this is possible only if you know the answer to the secret question. That's why don't rely on your memory and save answers on paper or in files protected by passwords.

The answer to the secret question can be changed in Webtop ( at guid.uid.me) -> U -> Setting -> Profile settings -> Security, but only if you know the current answer.

If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

Or use the following form if you do not have access to your Control Panel: http://www.ucoz.com/contact/

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Blazinkaos

Message # 31 | 9:12 PM
Ok im trying to retrieve my secret question that was forgotten and i emailed the site and it has these questions but not quite sure where to obtain them.

Hello,

Please, note that the answer to the secret question is case sensitive. We can try to help you solve this problem, but only in case it will not contradict the general principles and level of the system security. Any incontestable proofs of your ownership would be appreciated. The following steps might help:

1. Give us possible variants of the secret answer. May be you just make mistakes or misprints when entering it.

2. Specify the IP address from which you registered the account.

3. Provide any other incontrovertible proofs that you are the owner of the account.

Also, please, provide a scanned copy of any document confirming your identity. If possible, upload it to the site through FTP or File Manager.
---------------------------------------------

For number 1 i can do that give what i think it is.
Number 2 I dont know which IP there referring and where to i find that out.
Number 3 what other proof should I give.

Then under that a scanned copy of any document confirming your identity is that like the first message received about the site not quite sure?

Im srry for nubish questions but im seeking assistance and I need it. Thanks

By our rules - max height is 60px
Dartz

Message # 32 | 1:32 AM
Quote (Blazinkaos)
Number 2 I dont know which IP there referring and where to i find that out
Maybe this will help: CP > Security > Action log. If that's your first ever
made website, IP should be the same as your brand new uNet account.

Quote (Blazinkaos)
Number 3 what other proof should I give.
If you have multiple websites, you can state urls. If you added your middle
name, you can provide it as proof. Any other specific detail which isn't public.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Sunny

Message # 33 | 10:13 AM
Quote (Blazinkaos)
Then under that a scanned copy of any document confirming your identity

It is a scanned copy of passport/ID, driving license, school ID...

Dartz

Message # 34 | 3:40 PM
My personal opinion: Not smart. If you upload screen-shot somewhere and
delete it, it is still in the server. That's how internet works and fraud goes.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Jessica

Message # 35 | 5:26 AM
clearly understand I am your ok but I do not know here Secret question I forgot it.

http://www.financeandmarkets.net/

Tommy

Message # 36 | 5:42 AM
Jessica, what exactly is your problem? If you forgot the answer to secret question. Try this
Quote (Sunny)
If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Blazinkaos

Message # 37 | 7:28 PM
Ok im set for the 2 first questions but i still dont know what i shall do about the 3rd. What other proof is there to give like passwords or date i registered the site idk?
By our rules - max height is 60px
Sunny

Message # 38 | 8:32 AM
Blazinkaos, you can provide passwords as proofs, the email you received after registration.... Contact Tech. Support and provide the data you have. If they need smth else they will tell you.
BadBoySs

Message # 39 | 0:09 AM
Am o problema, mi`am uitat Secret question: Mother's maiden name , ce pot face

Site:

... my english is not good sad

Semnatura :):))
Post edited by BadBoySs - Saturday, 2010-06-26, 0:09 AM
Unique

Message # 40 | 1:15 AM
BadBoySs, as first read other posts to find your answer ( You need to contact Tech. Support ), and read Rules!
5. Signature image must not be more than 60 px high. The image must not be very bright and flickering.

And also you have Romanian thread here - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/28-987-1

BadBoySs

Message # 41 | 7:10 PM
I use a http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/28-987-1
and got rid of the picture: D

Semnatura :):))
GameHost

Message # 42 | 1:03 AM
Ok, this is so frustrating ! I've forgotten my secret answer. I contacted Technical support and after a few messages, they finally told me to provide them the screenshot of the registration confirmation mail and a scanned copy of my ID (or any other document). After I've sent both images to them (my face and ID number were blacked out), they finally told me to provide them a photo of my ID without informations being blacked out ! Can you please do something about this ? I've created a site which is very important to me, and I can't change some important settings because of this. First of all, I waited so much to find out that someone's playing games with me, and secondly, the site members are STILL waiting ? Thank you !
Sunny

Message # 43 | 9:00 AM
GameHost, only Tech. Support can help with the secret question. To do this they need to identify your personality.

Quote (GameHost)
First of all, I waited so much to find out that someone's playing games with me

No one is playing games with you. Such are the security rules. After all, losing of the secret answer is your fault.

GameHost

Message # 44 | 10:40 PM
I do understand that. When I was singing up, I didn't realize how important the secret answer was. I did what was asked, but if getting the password is as complicated and frustrating as that, creationg another account is what I'm going to do. The progress I've made will be lost, but I don't have nerves for this any more...
©FTK-TeAm™

Message # 45 | 4:39 PM
Hello, I have a website and I want to change my password to the site and do not know the secret password that is answer to your control panel password to the site but no one I go to unet changed the password and not to know the answer poi: (Please help me and me

Added (2010-08-27, 10:38 Am)
Hello, I have a website and I want to change my password to the site and do not know the secret password that is answer to your control panel password to the site but no one I go to unet changed the password and not to know the answer poi: (Please help me and me

Added (2010-08-27, 10:39 Am)

uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Search: