uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Site search
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:41 PM

uCoz Web Service has its own Site search.

You do not have to install this module. It is installed by default and it is a required module.
Attention: it is impossible to deinstall the Site Search module!

Though it is possible to set it up or not to use it at all.

You can select the modules to search in:

We would like to draw your attention to the setting

Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:
If the checkbox is tagged, the site search results will be shown after the search results by tags.
Here is how the site search results will look for the request: CINEMA

And this is the way the search results by the tag CINEMA will look (You will see them in addition with site search results).

Where the first result is the search result by the tag CINEMA. And the rest of he results are site search results for the request CINEMA.
(This is an example with the default settings of Appearance of entries. "Entry brief description" in the modules is also disabled)

It is not difficult to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results. The appearance of the site search entries is the following: module name + the date (day-month-year the time of adding the entry).

The appearance of the search entries by the tag is the following: module name + the title of the module category (nesting depth of an entry. The code $ENTRY_DEPTH$ is responsible for that)+the date when the entry was added (day.month.year).

It is also possible to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results with a help of the URL of the request:

The appearance of the request URL of the site search results is the following: http://siteaddress/search/?q=
The appearance of the request URL of the search results by the tag is the following: http://siteaddress/search/

If the checkbox “Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:” is not tagged:
the search by tag will show the results for the request of this tag only. And the site search will show the results on the search requests only.

Site search module has design customization feature.

Search page – will help you to customize the design of the page with the results of the site search and the search by tags.
Appearance of entries – will help you to customize the appearance of search results entries.

Sitemap

Sitemap is generated automatically on each website now. Users do not have to create it any more. Sitemap files are updated automatically, approximately once a day (depends on how often the website is updated). URLs of Sitemap files are written in the default robots.txt file, which we advise not to change.
You can get URLs of the Sitemap in Control panel->Site search
Note on search forms: each site module has codes $SEARCH_FORM$ and $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
It means that either the form for the indexed search on the whole website ($SEARCH_FORM$) or form to search entries of a module ($MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$) can be embedded into the template of the modules. Of course, both forms can be used simultaneously in order to search on the whole website or to search entries of a certain module.

Addition: on the websites with uID login, uNet users' bar has a site search form: Userbar->Control->Site search

Note:
  • The new entries are indexed within 10 days.
  • The entries that are deleted from the website, disappear from the search results within 14 days
  • In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

See how to enable Site Search here:

Attachments: 4952405.png (26.3 Kb) · 2896905.png (1.4 Kb) · 7026367.png (7.1 Kb) · 0944180.png (9.3 Kb) · 8864910.png (1.5 Kb)
Natashko

Message # 226 | 2:11 PM
Movies-Source,
Quote (Movies-Source)
i did it but when i try to search look what sjows me

by all appearances you didn't embed the code. Please describe your actions step by step and provide a screenshot of the customized template.
Movies-Source

Message # 227 | 2:19 PM
i am using 381 template...i go to CP->Design Managment Template-> Site search -> Search page
and i delete the previous code...I paste the new one that ''redhead'' gave me
i save the template and when i try to search i got nothing...i haven's screenshots to show you because i haven't software sad
the code that ''redhead'' gave me must be replaced or be one?
redhead

Message # 228 | 3:09 PM
Movies-Source, Go to CP->Design->Design management(templates)->Site search->Search page->Remove all the code there and then paste this code:

Click Save button
Movies-Source

Message # 229 | 1:15 AM
nothing
take a look
http://mouvadiko.com/search/?q=wrecked

Added (2011-08-29, 1:38 PM)
---------------------------------------------
what can i do guys sad please help meee
why the code doesn't work?

Added (2011-08-29, 7:15 PM)
---------------------------------------------
thanks redhead and Natashko, you are the beeeeeeeeeeeestttttt

paragogos

Message # 230 | 12:42 PM
how can a resize search bar?
i want to edit it and change width and height
Natashko

Message # 231 | 1:39 PM
paragogos,
Quote (paragogos)
how can a resize search bar?
i want to edit it and change width and height

If we speak about the standard search field, go to CP->Design->Design management (CSS)->add, for example:
.queryField {height: 40px; width: 300px;}
Apply your own height and width
If your search field is not standard - it requires custom coding usage and we do not provide help with it.

Keep in mind that you need to provide website name and screenshot of the problem for future for us to be able to check and not guess.
paragogos

Message # 232 | 4:53 PM
why when i edit this in html all the colours change?
.queryField {height: 40px; width: 300px;}
Natashko

Message # 233 | 9:00 AM
paragogos,
Quote (paragogos)
why when i edit this in html all the colours change?

Because, as stated here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-14273-82148-16-1314880788 you need to go to CP->Design->Design management (CSS)->and add it. (Not HTML!!)Please be more attentive.
paragogos

Message # 234 | 1:18 AM
i want to move the search engine in the top part of the website
look here http://postimage.org/image/2o4bbfask/
right now its on the left but i want it on the top part and bigger...i add the css but when i trie to paste the html coe $Search$(i don't remembers the code exactly)
the website colours change sad helppp
Animorph

Message # 235 | 6:37 PM
paragogos, what is your website url and design number ? and the search code is with CAPS letter like this: $SEARCH_FORM$
To busy building a passive income online ;)
paragogos

Message # 236 | 9:43 PM
design 831
url dokimi.ucoz.com
Natashko

Message # 237 | 2:58 PM
paragogos,
Quote (paragogos)
right now its on the left but i want it on the top part and bigger.

It is on the top now. If there are any other changes you want to make, please specify them. Provide a screenshot, if possible.
Btw creating similar threads is against forum rules. I have removed it, but next time you will be reproofed.
DZLB

Message # 238 | 5:14 PM
How do I add Facebook and Twitter links with their official icons in my page? Thank you. smile
Blazer

Message # 239 | 6:28 PM
DZLB, this is not related to site search and ucoz staff dont help with custom coding .. you can ask your question in Users communication section , maybe someone will answer you there.
If i helped you + My Reputation and Give me an Award.
Natashko

Message # 240 | 8:15 AM
DZLB, here, for instance, you may find information on adding Facebook "like" button to uCoz websites: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/38-13174-1#76429
You may as well ask your questions here: http://ucozers.ucoz.com and here: http://upanel.biz/
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Search: