uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Site search
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:41 PM

uCoz Web Service has its own Site search.

You do not have to install this module. It is installed by default and it is a required module.
Attention: it is impossible to deinstall the Site Search module!

Though it is possible to set it up or not to use it at all.

You can select the modules to search in:

We would like to draw your attention to the setting

Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:
If the checkbox is tagged, the site search results will be shown after the search results by tags.
Here is how the site search results will look for the request: CINEMA

And this is the way the search results by the tag CINEMA will look (You will see them in addition with site search results).

Where the first result is the search result by the tag CINEMA. And the rest of he results are site search results for the request CINEMA.
(This is an example with the default settings of Appearance of entries. "Entry brief description" in the modules is also disabled)

It is not difficult to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results. The appearance of the site search entries is the following: module name + the date (day-month-year the time of adding the entry).

The appearance of the search entries by the tag is the following: module name + the title of the module category (nesting depth of an entry. The code $ENTRY_DEPTH$ is responsible for that)+the date when the entry was added (day.month.year).

It is also possible to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results with a help of the URL of the request:

The appearance of the request URL of the site search results is the following: http://siteaddress/search/?q=
The appearance of the request URL of the search results by the tag is the following: http://siteaddress/search/

If the checkbox “Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:” is not tagged:
the search by tag will show the results for the request of this tag only. And the site search will show the results on the search requests only.

Site search module has design customization feature.

Search page – will help you to customize the design of the page with the results of the site search and the search by tags.
Appearance of entries – will help you to customize the appearance of search results entries.

Sitemap

Sitemap is generated automatically on each website now. Users do not have to create it any more. Sitemap files are updated automatically, approximately once a day (depends on how often the website is updated). URLs of Sitemap files are written in the default robots.txt file, which we advise not to change.
You can get URLs of the Sitemap in Control panel->Site search
Note on search forms: each site module has codes $SEARCH_FORM$ and $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
It means that either the form for the indexed search on the whole website ($SEARCH_FORM$) or form to search entries of a module ($MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$) can be embedded into the template of the modules. Of course, both forms can be used simultaneously in order to search on the whole website or to search entries of a certain module.

Addition: on the websites with uID login, uNet users' bar has a site search form: Userbar->Control->Site search

Note:
  • The new entries are indexed within 10 days.
  • The entries that are deleted from the website, disappear from the search results within 14 days
  • In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

See how to enable Site Search here:

Attachments: 4952405.png (26.3 Kb) · 2896905.png (1.4 Kb) · 7026367.png (7.1 Kb) · 0944180.png (9.3 Kb) · 8864910.png (1.5 Kb)
coraline

Message # 241 | 12:56 PM
Why can't i use Chinese words to search? When i use Chinese to search,it always show"Nothing found by the request".
Natashko

Message # 242 | 1:54 PM
coraline,
Quote (coraline)
Why can't i use Chinese words to search? When i use Chinese to search,it always show"Nothing found by the request".

It has nothing to do with the language. Remember that new entries are indexed within 4 days. Maybe the word you are searching for in Chinese was added less than 4 days ago. If not, provide a website name for us to check as well as the word you are searching for. Make sure that this word is posted on your website.
coraline

Message # 243 | 4:34 PM
My homepage is http://www.zaoki.com

only english and numbers can be searched. I don't know why...

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 244 | 0:04 AM
coraline, I can search your site fine using chinese characters and recieve an outputted result. As Natashko has said give search some time to catalogue the sites current entries then try again.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
coraline

Message # 245 | 11:23 AM
Paradox,

Really? this is the pic that i made a search. only letters and numbers can work.Do you know how to fix it ?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6163/6188562884_a1435ea214_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6173/6188051311_70630e0a24_z.jpg

Post edited by coraline - Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 11:34 AM
redhead

Message # 246 | 11:33 AM
coraline, Look at this image:

I can search chinese fine
Attachments: 3391671.png (45.8 Kb)
coraline

Message # 247 | 11:40 AM
...I know what's the problem now.

So the search engine can only seach the whole sentence? if so ,the search is really useless...

redhead

Message # 248 | 11:48 AM
coraline, There are no spaces between words in sentence, so, I think search engine considers that this is one word. Look at this screenshot:

Search query with less characters is successfull too.
Attachments: 3405265.png (97.8 Kb)
Post edited by redhead - Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 1:14 PM
coraline

Message # 249 | 12:14 PM
And there are spaces between every word in English...so this is a system problem.I hope uCoz can fix it one day.
Natashko

Message # 250 | 2:29 PM
coraline,
Quote (coraline)
And there are spaces between every word in English...so this is a system problem.I hope uCoz can fix it one day.

As far as I am aware, Site search module is not going to be changed in the nearest future.
Movies-Source

Message # 251 | 5:55 PM
hey guys i recently change my template and when i try to search the images are not appeard i paste the code tha i previously used but it doens't work
my website is mouvadiko.com...can somebody help me please? sad sad
Natashko

Message # 252 | 10:02 AM
Movies-Source,
Quote (Movies-Source)
hey guys i recently change my template and when i try to search the images are not appeard i paste the code tha i previously used but it doens't work

Please provide the code of the following templates:
Design->Design management(templates)->Site search->Search page
Design->Design management(templates)->File catalog->Page with entry full text and its comments
Do not forget to use spoiler.
Movies-Source

Message # 253 | 10:59 AM
i am using a pesonal template the code is

Page with entry full text and its comments

can i have the code please sad
Natashko

Message # 254 | 8:34 AM
Movies-Source, Go to CP->Design->Design management(templates)->Site search->Search page->Remove all the code there and then paste this code:
Movies-Source

Message # 255 | 4:55 PM
done biggrin but how can i change height and width of images?
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Search: