uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Bekt

Message # 331 | 5:00 AM
I don't think $MESSAGE$ works in informers. Under your informer template, it gives you the list of possible $codes$ you can use in that template. Only those work.
Crafty

Message # 332 | 8:49 AM
Bekt, Which i've already checked and $MESSAGE$ is in the code list.

The informer is:

Site News,
Entry Date D
Entries - 1
Columns 1
Natashko

Message # 333 | 11:05 AM
Crafty,
Quote (Crafty)
I'm trying to get my latest video to show up on my Blog page via Informers, but when I use $MESSAGE$, It wont show anything at all, it'll show the other informer items, such as the title, and such. But just not the message? I really need the latest video on the main page.

The code $MESSAGE$ is responsible for outputting the content of "Entry brief description". Most probably you do not fill this field in or you don't have it enabled at all. So I suggest you go to CP->Site News->Module settings->Fields of a new entry form->Entry brief description->check the boxes and Save. Then put your video in that field. It has to be output after this.
Crafty

Message # 334 | 11:18 AM
Natashko, I enabled that part, and added the video to it, through HTML iFrames. But it still doesn't show it on the main page?

Edit - Nevermind, I removed the class="eMessage" and now it's working fine,
Post edited by Crafty - Thursday, 2011-11-10, 11:19 AM
Agentul007

Message # 335 | 1:28 AM
Hello Guys!

I do need some help;
I want to have on my main page my blogs and i created the informers the problem is its showing me just a list with the blogs names and the date have been created and i want to have them on the main page same like they show on the blog page.
How can i do that?

This is my site: http://paidtoclick.ucoz.ro/

I sow couple of sites with the same thing that i want so i know its possible.
Thanks a lot!
Davor24

Message # 336 | 2:40 AM
Agentul007, Im not sure i understand you al if you want to main page shows the same content as blog why do not you set blog as your main page...

settings--> Common settings---> When opening the main page, redirect to: (select blog )
Jan

Message # 337 | 8:57 AM
Agentul007, you have to edit informer template by clicking icon after your blog informer you created.
Davor24, Agentul007 want's to keep mainpage but have there blog entries.

Added (2011-11-24, 2:57 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Agentul007, Here is an example how to do it..

First go to CP - Customize design - blog - appearance of entries

copy the code you have there.

Second: Go to CP - informers - create informer(choose blog) - make sure to change sorting mode to Entry date D.
open informer template ()

And replace that code with the one you copied.

Save and youre done..

(If it dont show entries on main page , click on your blog informer icon and just save.. dont change anymore..)Why? cause informers wount uptate in a sec.. so you can refresh it manually if needed..

Post edited by Jan - Thursday, 2011-11-24, 1:29 PM
Agentul007

Message # 338 | 1:27 PM
Mr. Almighty you are the best!
Thanks a lot its working now and looks the way i want it.
All the best!
Regards;
Agentul007
Wild_Eragon

Message # 339 | 1:48 PM
Hello Admins!

I got another problem: Informer dont work on forum pages,

any suggestions?

Waiting for answers

Sunny

Message # 340 | 9:21 AM
Wild_Eragon, please be more specific. Where exactly did you paste the code? How exactly doesn't it work? Isn't it displayed or refreshed?
Davor24

Message # 341 | 0:50 AM
is it possible for informer to show random content different sections ( not categories )...?

i tried with ID of section but no success smile
Sunny

Message # 342 | 10:49 AM
Davor24, there is an informer named "Random data" but I am afraid this is not what you want.
masker

Message # 343 | 5:48 AM
Hello Admins,

My ws based on the use of informer,
So I need of more than 30 informers @ cry
Plz can you help me to solve this matter by any mean, ,,,,

Thankx in advance
Post edited by masker - Monday, 2012-01-09, 9:51 AM
Sunny

Message # 344 | 10:08 AM
masker, unfortunately it is not possible to increase the number of informers.
srkisara

Message # 345 | 3:02 PM
1. Can you put for me changed font color in this my informer :

<table class="infTable" width="100%" border="2" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td style="font:7pt" align="left" nowrap="nowrap"><?if($CATEGORY_NAME$)?><a href="$CATEGORY_URL$">$CATEGORY_NAME$</a><?endif?></td></tr><tr><td class="infTitle" colspan="2"><a href="$ENTRY_URL$">$TITLE$</a></td></tr></tbody></table>

I tried and with Visual HTML Editor but no effect. I want that $CATEGORY_NAME$ has one color and Entry $TITLE$ second color.

Maybe I must put background color for tables.

2. I tried make informer visible for all, but blog only for users, with permissions. After that informer is not visible for anyone so I want make my download links hidden for guests in posts of blog.

Can someone help to me with this?

Thanks
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: