uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 361 | 9:32 AM
Xenobia, just install the Site News module and add some entries - and you will have what you want smile
Xenobia

Message # 362 | 11:27 PM
o.o OK I installed the site news module and made a "testing" entry. o.o still isn't showing up on my main page unless only guests can see it? o.O or do I need to make the informer thing. *facepalm* I just confused myself........oh dear. Something that is probably so simple and I get it messed up.

Added (2012-03-14, 5:27 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I GOT IT! o.O apparently I had to click on page management and allow the main page to post site news entries. Thank you very much for the help! smile Now I can finally begin working o.o....

Post edited by Xenobia - Wednesday, 2012-03-14, 11:02 PM
evendo

Message # 363 | 12:17 PM
Excuse me,
But can I use informer to count how many people read a thread and show the result?
I tried to search a lot but... So, it's great if anyone at here can help!
Thanks!
Sunny

Message # 364 | 12:31 PM
evendo, there is no such informer. You can see the number of views for each thread within a forum board.
evendo

Message # 365 | 6:27 PM
Quote (Sunny)
evendo, there is no such informer. You can see the number of views for each thread within a forum board.

Ah, it's because hear that someone had a tutorial on the net about that thing, and he used $READS$ in the code (like what we do with $REPLIES$ or $POST$).
I tried but it didn't work and I thought that it's because I'm using free service...
Sunny

Message # 366 | 1:08 PM
Quote (evendo)
he used $READS$ in the code

Templates of forum informers does not support this code.

Quote (evendo)
I tried but it didn't work and I thought that it's because I'm using free service...

No, all the $codes$ are the same no matter whether you have a free or a paid account.

evendo

Message # 367 | 7:41 PM
Quote (Sunny)
No, all the $codes$ are the same no matter whether you have a free or a paid account.

So sorry, I din't know about that. About the code, that what he taught (now be removed).
Thanks for the answer! Love... ^^
UndisPuted3330

Message # 368 | 10:42 PM
Ive been reading searching, but without finding the answeres, so i hope someone could help me out.

Im trying to help a friend making a gaming site, So he wanted an BLOCK with Top 5 With most played games or top 5 players or anything like that, i have made an informer of top 5 games, but it doesnt seem to work, What am i doing wrong.

His site is http://gamenowx.ucoz.com/
Sunny

Message # 369 | 10:57 AM
UndisPuted3330, the informer is displayed on the website. What exactly do you mean by its not working? What parameters did you set when creating the informer?
UndisPuted3330

Message # 370 | 4:14 PM
Quote (Sunny)
UndisPuted3330, the informer is displayed on the website. What exactly do you mean by its not working? What parameters did you set when creating the informer?

What i want is the informers to show is the top most played games. And if it is possible to show Top score to players?

[ Online Games · Entries · Entry rating A · Entries: 5 · Columns: 1 ]
Sunny

Message # 371 | 9:36 AM
You need to select Number of runs instead of Entry rating.

Quote (UndisPuted3330)
And if it is possible to show Top score to players?

I am afraid there is no such feature.

UndisPuted3330

Message # 372 | 5:55 AM
Quote (Sunny)
You need to select Number of runs instead of Entry rating.

i've done that now.

[ Online Games · Entries · Number of runs A · Entries: 10 · Columns: 1 ]

But it doesn't count, i have played games to test it, Also ranked games by clicking at the stars. But the list is still the same.
Sunny

Message # 373 | 4:01 PM
UndisPuted3330, try "Number of runs D".
UndisPuted3330

Message # 374 | 4:23 PM
Sunny, It still doesn't show Top played games, just tested a game, But it shows a game with 1 comment in top.

[ Online Games · Entries · Number of runs D · Entries: 10 · Columns: 1 ]
Sunny

Message # 375 | 10:30 AM
UndisPuted3330, at the moment the informer works correctly. Informers are usually updated within 15 minutes, so you just had to wait.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: