uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
papp0us

Message # 46 | 12:22 PM
Hello i have a small issue with the informers. After yesterday's update, all the informers i've been using doesn't display. Instead i get the message

Code
"Guests" are not permitted to view the module

I've signed up as admininstrator,moderator,simple user or guest..it's allways the same..

Sunny

Message # 47 | 2:11 PM
papp0us, check user group permissions.
luki

Message # 48 | 0:03 AM
I have little problem but a can fix it..

I cant set avatar and number of post, who posts in forum smile can tell me??

tell me with html if i need to use html for this..

Thnx uCoz

Post edited by luki - Saturday, 2009-04-04, 0:46 AM
Asifnur

Message # 49 | 3:57 AM
how can i take out the [full list] for users that had visited tdy and like get like old one that used to show them all thanks
Sunny

Message # 50 | 7:58 AM
luki, to do this edit Informer template and add there the necessary $codes$
Sunny

Message # 51 | 8:26 AM
Asifnur, that's not possible. Those who wish can click on the link and see a full list.
luki

Message # 52 | 5:38 PM
I cant set that what I want ??

Code
<li><a href="$PROFILE_URL$">$USERNAME$</a></li>

Can anyone help me

first a i want :

Sunny

Message # 53 | 3:38 PM
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-2515-1#11869
Danny

Message # 54 | 6:10 PM
Sorry but what does A and D mean? When you go to Informers page, and click Users, and then thers is:

• Registration Date A
  • Registration Date D

Whats it mean please?

..:: GAME REBOUND ::..
Please register on my website
jackass

Message # 55 | 7:10 PM
Quote (Danny)
# Registration Date A
# Registration Date D

A = Ascending order
D = Descending order

papp0us

Message # 56 | 8:59 PM
I've made an informer with the latest forum posts an use it in my homepage as "forum updates", is there any way when somebody click on a thread in the informer to go directly to the last post of this thread?Because now it always directs you to the first post..help anybody??

Οκ οΚ i found it!! i just changed the informer template and used the $LAST_POST_URL$ instead of $THREAD_URL$

HAYRENIQWEB

Message # 57 | 7:33 AM
I have been using the informers for a long time. But this couple of weeks one of my informers is not working properly. The informer that has the last answers in forum does not work. It says that guests are not permitted to view this module. But even if I log in it still says the same thing.
jackass

Message # 58 | 7:50 AM
HAYRENIQWEB, check user premissions for forum need to be that guests can see the forum and than save informer again to refresh it
HAYRENIQWEB

Message # 59 | 8:29 AM
it still does not work. It still says Guest Are Not Permitted. But before I did not have any problems with this. I dont know what happened
Sunny

Message # 60 | 9:35 AM
HAYRENIQWEB, it means that there are still some limitations for Guests. Re-check all permissions.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: