Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Can't connect to a uCoz website (server is not available, site is down, site inaccessible)
Can't connect to a uCoz website
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:23 PM
Please check uCoz Server Status' in the following thread before posting: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-14706-1

When posting messages here, make sure that the website is inaccessible for everyone and not just for you.

• Provide the link to the inaccessible website.
  • Specify its server number if you know it.
  • Post the traceroute results (see the instructions here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-1 ). If your website is inaccessible and you see Error 500 or 404 there is no need in providing the tracing results.
  • Indicate your IP address
  • If you can open the website in one browser, but can't do it in another, it means that there is a problem with browser settings or firewall.
  • If other users can access your website and you can't, most probably there are problems at your provider's end. See more here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-467-2258-16-1206449310

aposperittis

Message # 601 | 12:36 PM
I understand thank you Paradox for your response!
Summoner65

Message # 602 | 12:59 PM
Quote (Halcyon)
There goes all my visitors, good job. This is the second time my site has been unavailable in the past two months, glad I didn't actually pay for anything like I was planning to do, sucks for those that did though.

actually you should be thankful being able to use the webspace for free as you say you don't pay that little for the support.
i have been on u.coz now for several years and i am glad i have made the choice , i would even pay for it if i don't need to just to support. and the way you say " Sucks for those who pay " is your way of interpretation !! but not a very nice one.
we also have members and because we know that this kind of things always can happen we add in our service the possibility to inform these , like I say it is you website and you support your people so if you were smart you could of informed them your self.

so i would say stop picking on those who offer you the possibilities to have your site and be a little patient I am sure all will be just fine. does not hurt to take a little break once in a while

biggrin biggrin
Cyberdasm

Message # 603 | 1:05 PM
does philippines has been banned in some countries like china and russia?
Because when i visit some of there site it says block.., or not found something either..,

1F4BF3B
Venkat

Message # 604 | 1:35 PM
What is a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack?

Have you ever tried to make a telephone call but couldn't because all the telephone circuits were busy? This may happen on a major holiday and often happens on Diwali, New year etc...

The reason you couldn't get through is because the telephone system is designed to handle a limited number of calls at a time.
So upto now you will Got an Idea What is Ddos(Distibuted Denial of Service) Attack.

Basically Ddos attack is an attack which makes the Network So congested such that no further Requests are delivered.
This is Done by making a number of connections to the Websites through Different Computer or Networks. Also can be done from One Computer by making Connections through Different Ports as there are 64k ports available in Windows OS...

How Attacker Launch a Ddos Attack??

Later i will explain it With using simple Software: Server Attack Pro. Thsi is for Knowledge Only.

First, Attackers build a network of computers that will be used to produce the volume of traffic needed to deny services to computer users. We'll call this an attack network.

To build this attack network, Attackers look for computers that are poorly secured, such as those that have not been properly patched, or those with out-of-date or non-existent anti-virus software. When the Attackers find such computers, they install new programs on the computers that they can remotely control to carry out the attack.

These days, however, the process of building an attack network has been automated through self-propagating programs. These programs automatically find vulnerable computers, attack them, and then install the necessary programs. The process begins again as those newly compromised computers look for still other vulnerable computers.

Once an attack network is built, the intruder is ready to attack the chosen victim or victims. Some information security experts believe that many attack networks currently exist and are dormant, passively waiting for the command to launch an attack against a victim's computers. Others believe that once a victim has been identified, the attack network is built and the attack launched soon afterward.
Sunny

Message # 605 | 1:41 PM
Quote (aposperittis)
All my ucoz sites is down! 3 days now! The servers is not up yet?? I have a serius problem with one of them http://www.esperos-paranormal.com/

This website is on server s41 which is currently under emergency maintenance: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-14706-1

Quote (dense0293)
does philippines has been banned in some countries like china and russia?
Because when i visit some of there site it says block.., or not found something either..,

What are the website addresses and what are the exact error messages?

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Venkat

Message # 606 | 1:45 PM
DDoS attack has been Stopped or Still attacking us?
Sunny

Message # 607 | 1:53 PM
Temporary solution for the DDoS problem: you can check your website with http://host-tracker.com/ to see in which countries it is accessible. Then search for a proxy located in such country and use it to access your website.

Sunny

Message # 608 | 1:55 PM
Venkat, unfortunately the attack hasn't stopped yet.
Venkat

Message # 609 | 2:01 PM
Hi Sunny, How Have you been? oh so sad, Thanks a lot for your update Sunny !!! What is the ucoz next plan?
Georgik

Message # 610 | 2:16 PM
Sunny, my website (www.myfce.tk) show conection refussed in all contryes (acording with host-tracker result) sad Could you check for me in what country does it work? Thank you...
I like to help out! :)
Sunny

Message # 611 | 2:31 PM
Georgik, your website is inaccessible due to another problem - server s41 in currently under emergency maintenance and is inaccessible in all countries. As soon as the problem has been fixed, the server will be back online.
Georgik

Message # 612 | 2:52 PM
How much time does this maintenace take? I have important data on the File Manager :-s sad
I like to help out! :)
Sunny

Message # 613 | 3:50 PM
Georgik, unfortunately I can't tell the exact time. It is not a scheduled maintenance, but an emergency one, it wasn't planned.
TJSHARK

Message # 614 | 5:12 PM
my website is www.szelesmuhely.com. i can't acces it. i 've ran it in hosttracker's test and it showed that my site couldn't be accessed from any part of the world but kiev, ukr and moscow, rus. So if I use a proxy than what can I do beside editing my site's content etc.?
kakashi

Message # 615 | 6:21 PM
is it possible that this might take weeks ???????
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Can't connect to a uCoz website (server is not available, site is down, site inaccessible)
Search: