uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Sites, inaccessible from the UK (If you are from the UK and can't get on your site!)
Sites, inaccessible from the UK
Urban

Message # 211 | 2:45 PM
I cannot check my website www.urban-auto.com from London for a week now!!!
do we have any results on administration's investigation?
Sunny

Message # 212 | 11:46 AM
Please, be patient. The problem is being fixed.

Why does it happen? Because there are some DDoSers in the UK who attack our servers. Therefore their IPs get blocked on the servers. And since your IPs are from the same network, they get blocked as well. The solution - use proxy till everything will be fixed.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
esp-css

Message # 213 | 5:07 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Because there are some DDoSers in the UK who attack our servers

Im sorry, but im sure these are in all countries... However I will stay patient =]

Added (2009-05-13, 11:07 Am)
---------------------------------------------
well, now some of the people in the uk can access it, however it seems everyone with virgin, still cant. (just an update... =] )

pwolsty

Message # 214 | 8:17 PM
I have had this problem for a long time now and have tried to communicate with Ucoz via email. They have ignored the latest email but on previous occasions they have responded and have fixed the problem, only for it to return again.

I have two sites:
www.shadowsworkout.ucoz.com
www.speakfreely.ucoz.com

Initially, I lost access to "shadowsworkout" but after emailing Ucoz, it became available again.
Now I can't get to the "speakfreely" site.

There are some interesting facts here:

1) Using TRACERT it is obvious that the messages are always blocked at the "steadfast....telia.net" address. This was confirmed for me by looking at the the TRACERT outputs shown on this thread and other similar threads. Clearly, this is where the root of the problem lies. Other routers on the way have no problem relaying the message. It is probably significant that the very next router following the telia.net address is Ucoz itself.

2) My ISP is AOL in the UK. If I use IE7 or Firefox I get the access blocked at the "steadfast....telia.net" address. However, using AOL it is also possible to use AOL's own browser (based on IE). Strangely I CAN get access to both my sites using this browser. This suggests that the message from the AOL browser is taking a different route, possibly bypassing the "steadfast....telia.net" address.

Please, Ucoz, give me access to www.speakfreely.ucoz.com again wink

After all, I created the site and I should have access to it surely cool

Post edited by pwolsty - Thursday, 2009-05-14, 8:18 PM
Sunny

Message # 215 | 1:35 PM
pwolsty, we are trying to solve this problem.
steveee2

Message # 216 | 9:24 PM
ive been unable to get on seclan.ucoz for about 2 weeks now so as a few of my other clan members all from the uk. whats going on its nothing to do with browers settings nor isp. One day it was fine then nothing this has happened before but only for a few days, then started working again. just wandering if its gonna get sorted out or not because before anyone says its something to do with your end or settings i can tell you now its not sad
random

Message # 217 | 12:06 PM
I'd just like to point out it is working for me again, but i guess not for alot of other UK users
esp-css

Message # 218 | 2:40 PM
Quote (random)
I'd just like to point out it is working for me again, but i guess not for alot of other UK users

ye, i said that in oneof my above posts, that the uk users that have virgin as their isp, seem to still not be able to access the websites...

steveee2, it is to do with isp's, however its cuz ucoz has blocked some of those isp's. Plus, the reason this was fixed earlier is because ucoz freed up the connection again. It wasnt just simply random smile

... as sunny so nicely explained about the DoSing =]

Post edited by esp-css - Saturday, 2009-05-16, 2:41 PM
steveee2

Message # 219 | 9:02 PM
Sorry i just rushed in on my last post didn't even look at what sunny had explained wacko just a bit of fustration on my behalf tongue again apologizes . Im using proxy to get on the site till everythings all sorted.
iLee

Message # 220 | 11:11 AM
esp-css, This is not with all UK'ers on Virgin, I am connected via Virgin and havn't experienced any problems at all.
Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
pwolsty

Message # 221 | 7:53 PM
My site www.speakfreely.ucoz.com can now be accessed through my IPS (AOL).

I don't know what you've done to cure the problem but let me say thank you biggrin

Let us hope that the problem does not occur again cool

tayls

Message # 222 | 4:45 PM
again this is happening for my virgin clients, but no others
iLee

Message # 223 | 2:05 AM
It's gone down for me now...

Added (2009-05-26, 8:05 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Just wondering but is there any progress on this?

Please use search, ~Lee
Sunny

Message # 224 | 10:07 AM
iLee, the technicians know about the problem and are trying to solve it.
iLee

Message # 225 | 4:15 PM
Okay, Thanks Sunny, It's currently working now, just hope it's fully fixed now, Is it DDoS attacks? Or just a server problem?
Please use search, ~Lee
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Sites, inaccessible from the UK (If you are from the UK and can't get on your site!)
Search: