As you can see from the post image today we will speak about social media. Recently our team has started to actively develop connection of uCoz websites to social networks, and today we are ready to present an absolutely new tool for website socializing! The uCoz Social Bar is a handy and customizable tool that will let you add 'like' and 'share' buttons to your website quickly and easily. Now you won’t need to read through tons of tutorials and get separate button codes from each social network - just enable our Social Bar!
Why Do You Need It?
- likes attract new visitors from social media: liking a post on your website, the user can share it on his page in a social network;
- you will be able to understand the visitors of your website: analyzing posts and pages that have much more likes than other pages you will understand what’s more popular among your visitors;
- your website will be promoted in search engines: the search engines have already learned to cooperate with social media, and therefore likes have their influence in terms of SEO.
How Does Social Bar Look Like?
- Type 1: like buttons with the possibility to share posts.
This bar type allows visitors to like a page and at the same time share it through a social network. Both you and the website visitors will be able to see the number of page likes.
- Type 2: like buttons, hidden under social icons, with the possibility to share posts.
If you don't want the website visitors to see long social buttons with like
numbers, select this type and the visitors will be able to see the likes only by clicking a certain social icon.
- Type 3: share buttons of social networks with the number of shares.
Choose this type if the number of shares
is more important to you then likes
What Are the Pros of the uCoz Social Bar?
- Our bar can be easily customized!
You don't need any coding skills! Just enable the bar in Control Panel, and it will appear on your website.
- The bar can be minimized/maximized in one click!
It doesn't take much space and you can set the default state of the bar - collapsed or expanded. Note
: we suggest to use the expanded Social Bar version as the default one - users will clearly understand what the bar is for, and will be able to minimize it if necessary.
- Social Bar is very familiar with uCoz!
These are not just social buttons, this is a bar that understands the whole uCoz system. For example, it does distinguish between entry pages with different comment pages, and even if you are viewing the 10th page of the entry comments, the main entry URL will be taken as the like
- Social Bar has a search field!
If necessary, you can activate the search button on the Social Bar that will help the visitors to find the necessary information on your website.
- Add pages to bookmarks and read pages in a convenient format!
With the help of the service readability.com
the website visitors will be able to add website pages to bookmarks and get back to them later, turn the website into clean readining view, send pages to e-readers and send them to print.
- Place Social Bar wherever you want!
The Social Bar settings are so flexible that you can select any bar type and place it either at the top or at the bottom of your website.
How to Enable Social Bar?
To activate the bar, go to the Control Panel of your website -> Top Bar -> Settings -> Social Bar
to activate the Social Bar on your website and customize its appearance to your liking. Note
: at the moment the social bar is inactive by default for all uCoz websites. The bar will be inactive for 1-2 weeks. If you don't want to see the bar on your website, you need to deactivate it in the bar settings, otherwise after this time the bar will appear on all websites, the administrators of which didn't change its settings.
Perhaps that's all on the uCoz Social Bar for today. But it is definitely not the end of our movement towards socializing of websites! Soon a global update of Social Media Publisher will be released.
And yes, we do remember that many of you are waiting for social sign-up and login on uCoz websites. This is our next step, together with social comments!
Please leave your comments and suggestions concerning the bar below!
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.