uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 151 | 7:57 AM
drunkenbird, yes, there is no such option. You can suggest it on suggestion board.
elf83

Message # 152 | 9:34 AM
I need help. I want to make the informer to show the pictures on file catalog on main page and those pic to be linked to its place at file catalog
Sunny

Message # 153 | 9:49 AM
elf83, create File Catalog informer and edit its template - add image codes that will lead to entry urls.
ChetaN8528

Message # 154 | 8:35 AM
I am still confuse that how can i make that the file cata... catagory viewed as Main Page Catagory and The display Topic of that File Cata... Be Viewed on Main Webpage

http://nxtlvldl.ucoz.com/load

Main Page >> http://nxtlvldl.ucoz.com/

Sunny

Message # 155 | 9:51 AM
ChetaN8528, please be more specific.
Xrider

Message # 156 | 2:03 PM
Hi, I made an informer to show the latest forum messages on the home page...
It only shows the name of the thread. Can I make it to show the date and time and who posted the latest post?

www.virtualracing.ucoz.com

Sunny

Message # 157 | 2:19 PM
Xrider, edit the informer template and add the necessary codes like $DATE$, $TIME$ etc. (all available codes are under the template).
Xrider

Message # 158 | 3:28 PM
Thanks for the help Sunny, will do that...

Added (2009-12-16, 9:28 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Everything works well... but I noticed that the user doesn't have any info if he read the post or not. Do I need a special code for it?

Sunny

Message # 159 | 8:15 AM
Xrider, I am afraid we don't have a code for this.
warezparadise

Message # 160 | 1:24 PM
I want inactive entries code(Which is present in Control>Inactive entries) to be displayed in the profile on moderator to be displayed so that they can easily validate the inactive entries..

So please tell me how can I do that and get that code..

Sunny

Message # 161 | 9:59 AM
warezparadise, how is your question related to Informers? Explore the available codes under the corresponding template. It seems to me that moderators must have "Inactive entries" item on their User Bars.
Trademark

Message # 162 | 5:58 AM
How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

I will refer to this question. How can i output an image, belonging to the ADBOARD entry, in the informer?
need this badly..

$IMG_SMALL_URL1..10$ ---- i want to edit the informer template, is this the one to put?

Sunny

Message # 163 | 10:40 AM
Trademark, yes, you can use this one or the code $IMG_URL1..10$, depending on what you need.
ChakraBlast

Message # 164 | 3:18 PM
When i've uploaded 1 informer on the site...in a block from the main page.But when i try to see it it says:"Guests" are not permitted to view the module
http://mugen-nnd.ucoz.com/
my site dry

-Site1- Design # 853
-Site2-
Sunny

Message # 165 | 3:21 PM
ChakraBlast, it means that you must edit user group permissions as the entries or categories are not available for guests.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: