uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Tommy

Message # 121 | 8:19 AM
RockyZ, Create a sticky thread icon and use HTML code to display image before the informer entries. You can edit the informer template near the informer. You need some HTML knowledge to do that.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
drunkenbird

Message # 122 | 11:01 PM
I have a problem with the Informer "Users who have visited the site for the current day" worked for a little time when i first implemented it, now its not working anymore. When i now Enable the Builder, the box with this informer is gone, only the Button to remove the Informer is left. So i delete it and created it again, but its not displayd and when i enable the Builder again, the box is gone again and only the Button left.
Tommy

Message # 123 | 6:49 AM
drunkenbird, Read this it will help you http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-2491-1
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Sunny

Message # 124 | 8:18 AM
drunkenbird, provide website url.
drunkenbird

Message # 125 | 3:39 PM
Since i loged on Today, it's working fine again, i didnt change anything.
Tommy, I've read it but i think it is about a different thing then i had.

It works for now, if it should happen again, i'll Report.

Duke8954

Message # 126 | 8:49 AM
Thanks for your quick response. Yeah I just found out that I can actually use informers right after submitting the thread. But when I try to do it, it's pretty difficult to follow and explanations on the forum are vague. However, it's very clear that informers are used to display information/ etnries on two pages.
It says "select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list." So that module actually is the base of the informer. But how can I display it on the main page then? Should I use that code thing? Then what if i want to show every new stuf on the main page. should i edit that informer again and again? or the informer can be entered new entries separately
If the above hardly means senses, I have an example. There's a page let's say for movies. I put some movies in there. People go to the movies menu item and can watch them there. i just added 2 movies to the item. and iwanna display them on the main page cuz they're newest stuff/uploading/information.

Added (2009-10-08, 1:06 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
i don't want them on the side, don't want it as a menu item under the main menu. i want it ON the main page

Sunny

Message # 127 | 8:50 AM
Quote (Duke8954)
But how can I display it on the main page then? Should I use that code thing? Then what if i want to show every new stuf on the main page. should i edit that informer again and again? or the informer can be entered new entries separately

First you need to create informers for all modules you are using and whose new entries you want to display on the main page. Then you should copy the codes of all informers (like $MYINF_1$), and then go to Page Editor -> Pages management -> Main page and paste the codes in any order you want.

drunkenbird

Message # 128 | 6:51 PM
I read the whole Thread, i only read about decreasing the font size if the line end is reached. so i hope this hasnt been asked yet:
It's Possible to set the Title Lenght. But you can set more things to Display then just Title. So it's possible to set the max Lenght for the other things of the Informer too?

Like in my Special Case for the $MESSAGE$: Filecatalog Informer

Code
<div class="cBlock2"><table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="infTable"><tr><td width="50%" style="font:7pt">[$DATE$]</td><td nowrap align="$right" style="font:7pt"><?if($MESSAGE$)?>[<a href="$ENTRY_URL$">$MESSAGE$</a>]<?endif?></td></tr><tr><td class="infTitle" colspan="2"><a href="$ENTRY_URL$">$TITLE$</a> <span title="Comments">(<a href="$COMMENTS_URL$"><b>$COMMENTS_NUM$</b></a>)</span></td></tr></table></div>
Sunny

Message # 129 | 9:20 AM
drunkenbird, there is no such setting or standard feature. As for coding in general - try to search Google.
CodeResolution

Message # 130 | 7:43 PM
I searched and found know simular threads.

Well anyway, is it possible to use Informers on uploaded html pages? If so, how please?

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Pilot

Message # 131 | 7:57 PM
Not possible (as far as I know).
Post edited by Pilot - Monday, 2009-11-09, 10:05 PM
kostova

Message # 132 | 9:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken, informers can be displayed by means of javascript. Just click the informer name of the informers you already have and a popup will contain the script for it.
It should look something like this
Code
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://gamescenter.ucoz.com/informer/1"></script>
In other words, it is possible.
Post edited by kostova - Monday, 2009-11-09, 9:47 PM
CodeResolution

Message # 133 | 3:29 PM
Is it possible to have an informer which shows the amount of entries on a module?
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Sunny

Message # 134 | 3:52 PM
Mistory, your questions often surprise me. You are not a newbie but sometimes you ask such easy questions.

There is an Informer "Per module entry counters", it will show the number of entries in each module. If you want to count entries for one definite module just edit the informer template and remove unnecessary lines.

lochy

Message # 135 | 5:18 AM
how do i get the message text to display?

Added (2009-11-13, 11:18 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
i want my informer to add the photo of the news article they post to my front page
bassically i want the title of the article, photo of the article and the text of the article to be displayed in the box on my home page www.bdgc.ucoz.com

the $message$ code doesnt seem to work? why?

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: