uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Flipperbear404

Message # 106 | 11:04 AM
sunny i did that i tryed checking all the boxes on guest and it still sayed that and why would it say that when im on my Administrators account and the same thing happend like him i was using it for a couple months and now it just stopped working
Sunny

Message # 107 | 11:12 AM
Flipperbear404, even administrators see this message if there are some limitations for guests. Where did you check permissions? In CP -> Users -> User groups? Check them also in CP -> Forum -> Management of forums and sections.
Flipperbear404

Message # 108 | 11:03 PM
ok it works now

Added (2009-09-07, 5:03 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
ok it just stopped working its saying the same thing

Sunny

Message # 109 | 9:37 AM
Flipperbear404, you disabled all permissions for Guests - no wonder "it stopped working". Allow Guests to read forum.
SamuraiSean

Message # 110 | 1:40 AM
Sunny, Quick question. I need step by step instruction on adding the forums to my indexpage above the news in the center. I know how to se up the informer for said proces but I need help adding it to my page.

Thx in advance. biggrin

EDIT

I'll finish creating all the forums in the mean time.

EDIT #2

I'm attaching a snipit of my Informers Panel which should give you an idea as to what the paramiters are. biggrin

Attachments: 9480853.jpg (65.4 Kb)
Post edited by SamuraiSean - Thursday, 2009-09-10, 5:58 AM
Sunny

Message # 111 | 8:34 AM
SamuraiSean, CP -> Page Editor -> Pages management -> Main page -> Edit information -> Paste the code (e.g. $MYINF_1$) where you want it to be displayed.
SamuraiSean

Message # 112 | 8:41 PM
Quote (Sunny)
SamuraiSean, CP -> Page Editor -> Pages management -> Main page -> Edit information -> Paste the code (e.g. $MYINF_1$) where you want it to be displayed.

Thanks Sunny. I'm assuming that it will work with all the codes that's on my informer list. Just do it the same way as with the first code?

One more quick question about informer placement. Now when I create a page in Page Editor, I just put the $MYINF_1$ at the place where I would like the code to show the information. Now I would like to do a page where it shows information on several sections like in the list of informers in my last post. How do I go about that?

**Off Topic**

How do you edit your birthdate in you personal profile?

Post edited by SamuraiSean - Thursday, 2009-09-10, 9:02 PM
Sunny

Message # 113 | 8:32 AM
Quote (SamuraiSean)
Just do it the same way as with the first code?

Yes.

Quote (SamuraiSean)
One more quick question about informer placement. Now when I create a page in Page Editor, I just put the $MYINF_1$ at the place where I would like the code to show the information. Now I would like to do a page where it shows information on several sections like in the list of informers in my last post. How do I go about that?

I am afraid I didn't get the idea.

Quote (SamuraiSean)
How do you edit your birthdate in you personal profile?

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-343-32264-16-1244461871

SamuraiSean

Message # 114 | 8:06 PM
Hear is what I want to do:

• I would like to do an "Instant Information" or an "at a glance" information page encompasing all the site.
  • For instance, having a forum section as the first section and the having a gallery information section underneath.

I just want to know if that kind of thing can be done.

Sunny

Message # 115 | 9:06 AM
SamuraiSean, sure. Create the informers you need and paste the codes on that page.
warezparadise

Message # 116 | 12:37 PM
Hey people please help me with this problem.
I have created an informer of photo album which show's the recent image added in photo album and that informer is showing images which I have added to photo album 3 days before not of today and yesterday.

so,please tell me what Do I do??

fakeros

Message # 117 | 4:49 AM
Choose sorting mode: Entry date D when you create a informer.
I m back on track...
RockyZ

Message # 118 | 4:38 AM
How can i add to a table those recent thread from informer tok blog main page?

this is my recent thread list...

Code
http://sriwarez.ucoz.com/forum/0-0-1-3-1

when i use informer it show those thread without any table or no sequence...how how can i add them to a table?

Sunny

Message # 119 | 10:13 AM
RockyZ, informer appearance can be adjusted via CP -> Informers -> "Informer template" near the necessary informer. But I doubt it will be possible to display it the same way as on Recent Posts page.
RockyZ

Message # 120 | 5:11 PM
Quote (Sunny)
RockyZ, informer appearance can be adjusted via CP -> Informers -> "Informer template" near the necessary informer. But I doubt it will be possible to display it the same way as on Recent Posts page.

Yeah.....! , i tried....it might possible...jst got another problem...how can i put there(informer template) sticky thread icon , thread mark....etc. sad

Code

EG :

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/889/10405203.jpg
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: