uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
ChakraBlast

Message # 166 | 3:23 PM
Nope....i've seen all the permissions..
it doesn't works just when i'm making informers about forums...
maybe if i would let guest view the forum....btw i don't want that dry
still nothing

Anyway the Administrators have all rights selected
and not even the rest of the administrators can't see them wacko

-Site1- Design # 853
-Site2-
Post edited by ChakraBlast - Tuesday, 2010-01-12, 3:29 PM
Sunny

Message # 167 | 3:32 PM
Quote (ChakraBlast)
maybe if i would let guest view the forum....btw i don't want that

This is how informers work - they only display information that is available for guests as well. Otherwise they display this message.

ChakraBlast

Message # 168 | 3:37 PM
then i should let the banned and the gusts see the page wacko ?

Added (2010-01-12, 9:37 Am)
---------------------------------------------
i wish the stafff will fix that until next update happy

-Site1- Design # 853
-Site2-
Sunny

Message # 169 | 3:43 PM
Quote (ChakraBlast)
then i should let the banned and the gusts see the page wacko ?

Only guests. And there is nothing to fix, this was done on purpose - since the informers can be used on third-party websites the info must be available for non-registered users.

warezparadise

Message # 170 | 4:02 PM
Quote (Trademark)
How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Quote (Sunny)
the code $IMG_URL1..10$,

I edited the informer and pasted $IMG_URL1..10$ there but no images were hown in the Entries Addition informers..Please tell me the correct way to use it..

Sunny

Message # 171 | 10:13 AM
warezparadise, you need to paste not $IMG_URL1..10$ but $IMG_URL1$, $IMG_URL2$ etc. And have you added images to your entries?
warezparadise

Message # 172 | 5:09 PM
Quote (Sunny)
And have you added images to your entries?

Yes..When adding entries I click on img button and there I give image location..
Sunny

Message # 173 | 11:58 AM
warezparadise, you should add images to entries as attachments (using $IMAGE1$ etc.) codes.
undead

Message # 174 | 6:48 PM
*i didnt found any thread/post related to show pics of games.... in informers.... sad
how to add a pic of the game with the game comments informer
n manipulate size also/or the same as in the online game section pics.....

*another problem just came up.... the users online for the day informer just disappeared.... n when i goto builder n check the block of informer the html code id =$MYINF_13$ is automatically erased.... n the block is minimized auto n even if i copy the code of informer into html again same thing happens.... it doesnt shows... after save.... n' when i redit by builder the code is gone again....
this is the informer panel from cp - ---> the columns r 0 .... is that the problem>>??? no setting s for it in it sad
Informer #3 [Informer template]
[ Users who have visited the site for the current day · Entries · User's name · Columns: 0 ]

$MYINF_13$

thx in advance....

okie the 2nd [problem about the today's visits.... solved automatically.... i recreated it again n' now its working auto.... before when i recreated the informer it was not working.... but now it is....
so how to put the pic of the game.... with the informer??? whats the id of the main pic of the game?? thx ad.... cool

Post edited by undead - Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 9:25 AM
Sunny

Message # 175 | 11:19 AM
undead, explore the available codes in Informer template, games informer has image codes.
Cookie_NL

Message # 176 | 12:41 PM
Hi, Please Help Me I Want To Create a Forum Informer Like The News Is: $LAST_NEWS$
So You Can See a Little off The Text... You Know Probably What I Mean...
If I Got That I Will Code The Rest MySelf.....
Maybe If I May Know SomeThing Like a Code Of Getting you're template into it?
a Informer for the forum section.....
But Then With The Same Construction as the Last News Thing, $LAST_NEWS$

Or Is It Already Posted SomeWhere? Sorry If So.....

Tnx if somebody can help!

Sunny

Message # 177 | 2:01 PM
Cookie_NL, did you read the thread? Did you try to create an informer? Create the informer, then copy its code and paste it into the necessary template.
Cookie_NL

Message # 178 | 4:40 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Cookie_NL, did you read the thread? Did you try to create an informer? Create the informer, then copy its code and paste it into the necessary template.

Yes I Did That But,
How Can I Create It So It Will Show It Just Like The: $Last_News$ thing??

Thanks,
Sunny

Message # 179 | 10:12 AM
Cookie_NL, adjust informer template and add the necessary codes (you can see the list under informer template).

cutestranger, are you sure you created the comments informer? Because the template does not look like the default comments template. You can see the list of available codes under each informer template - just add the necessary codes, like $TIME$ for the time of comment.

cutestranger

Message # 180 | 2:16 PM
i just checked , i created this informer for entry comment instead of comment part biggrin . Now i create a new one and its working fine. Thanks for your help biggrin
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: