uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Igor-Sousa

Message # 181 | 3:47 AM
kikun, I'm glad it worked.
Did not understand what you want.
What do you mean "three item in one line"?

I'm having some problems with the Tag list created by means of Informers, I wanna know, what should I do to make the list appear in alphabetical order.

And also, I wanna know what to do for the tags appear the way I wrote it, because when I type "efeito" it appears "Efeito" with capital letters and when I type "Montagem" the tag becomes "montagem" with a lowercase letter.

Thanks in advance.

I've made grammar mistakes ?? Google's fault !!

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.

Post edited by Igor-Sousa - Sunday, 2010-02-07, 9:39 PM
Sunny

Message # 182 | 11:09 AM
Quote (Igor-Sousa)
I'm having some problems with the Tag list created by means of Informers, I wanna know, what should I do to make the list appear in alphabetical order.

There is no such option.

Quote (Igor-Sousa)
And also, I wanna know what to do for the tags appear the way I wrote it, because when I type "efeito" it appears "Efeito" with capital letters and when I type "Montagem" the tag becomes "montagem" with a lowercase letter.

I am not sure but maybe this happens if for example you already have the tag "efeito", added earlier and written as "Efeito".

Igor-Sousa

Message # 183 | 6:41 PM
Quote (Sunny)
There is no such option.

Ok.

Quote (Sunny)
I am not sure but maybe this happens if for example you already have the tag "efeito", added earlier and written as "Efeito".

Was the first time I added the tag "efeito" and it becomes "Efeito", and it happens also with other tags, for example, "Etc" becomes "etc", but this is not so important, just wanted to know why it changes.

Thanks Sunny.

Added (2010-02-09, 12:41 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Just to inform, I think I discovered the reason for the tag change.

When we are typing a tag, some options appear below the field, when I type "efeito", appear these options: "Efeito" and "efeitos", even I do not choose any of the options given by the system, it changes to one of the options, in this case, the most similar.

So if I type "efeito" it will become "Efeito" and if I type "efeitos" it will become "efeitos" at all.

I've made grammar mistakes ?? Google's fault !!

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.

t4club

Message # 184 | 5:06 PM
Ok guys Hi biggrin
Having been kindly directed by Sunny to here i will now ask again in as plain English as i am able to in an attempt to try and understand and effectively correct a recent error upon our website which is driving us crazy...

Basically and quickly then, i have 2 x informers that used to output info direct to our main/start/front page until a few days ago, when i seem to have inavertantly moved something to another setting which has changed these so they now do not display only now showing "Guests" are not permitted to view the module" WHY ???? and more importantly how to i correct it, as in doing so it has destroyed the look and feel off our very start page....

Now before i am told look above i have seeking devine intervention even without any luck.........as i am sadly not able to understand what has been written about this, as it seems many others can't either....so a few simple questions about the Informers then to try and work it out......

1- Presumimg i have them set up correctly so as to view under the $MYINF_ ?$ which i know i have as they wer working fine.
2 - Ok so now we have established these codes in the right palce which i have in Visual ed, adding them to the space provided... so long as the code hasn't changed on this page since instal they surely would work...??? could someone copy, paste and supply the entire lines of code required around the $MYINF_?$ in visual ed so i may check it please.
3 - I suspect it will also be fine, so all we are left with would be the user permissions, i think so if some nice kind person could relay by copy pasteing what the relevant permissions should be set at either ticked or not in order to get Informers to view to all on the front page i.e

Others
No security code required Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Bind session to IP address (protection from stealing cookies) Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Use graffiti editor Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Edit site design Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Use File Manager Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Access to Admin Bar Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group

Users
View users' personal pages (profiles) Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Search users Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Edit own registration data Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Send private messages Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Use smileys in private messages Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Use BBcodes in private messages Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Use BB codes [URL] and [IMG] Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Recommend entries to friends Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Send e-mails to other users Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Upload own avatars Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Allow BBcodes in signatures Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
View awards Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Give awards Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
View history of user reputation Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Change user reputation Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Change user reputation irrespective of the timeout Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
View history of user reproofs Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Change user reproofs level Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Edit and remove reputation Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Edit and remove reproofs Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Carry out mass private messages dispatch Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Edit any users' profiles Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Remove any users Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group
Move users to another groups Silver Members Guest Members Gold Members Admin Moderators Blocked New group

All i really need to know is which ones of these should be ticked and which shouldn't i do beleive....

Failing that is there any other setting anywhere else that may have inanvertantely been turned on/off or reset by mistake which would cause this, as my whole front/main/start pages orientation is wrong, with my side bars to shrt for the page length which looks naff, where it used to look sleek cool and welcoming.....

Once again please in plain simple English remembering we don't all know our total way around all aspects of this wonderfull site builder and therefore have to learn so a 1- do a-b-c / 2 do a-b-c to rectify this would be good....

Thanks in advance

Dougie
T4 Club UK
www.t4club.ucoz.net/

VW T4 - T5 Transporter community website and forum group at www.t4club.co.uk
Tommy

Message # 185 | 6:16 PM
Quote (Kron)
- Informer outputs ONLY the information, available for GUESTS!

Let me explain. For eg: I will take forum and explain.
Let's say you have created informers on forum. When you create informer on forum, you should let guests the option for reading the forum.
In other words, if you restrict guests to view or read the forum, then the informer that you have created for forum won't work and it will give a message "Guests are not permitted to view the module".
Because Informers output the information only available for guests.
So please make sure when you create informer on any module, set permission for guests to view the module.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
t4club

Message # 186 | 6:38 PM
Thanks Tommy that makes a little more sense to me and i am sure others however in my case it doesn't solve the issue as i have all sections concerned opened for guests to view ??? any further actions required ??? both sections informers cover are open for guest to view as is my ad-board which is viewable to all and always has been throughout, all set up the same way at the same time any explaination, cure or advice now ??

Dougie
T4 - T5 Club UK
www.t4club.ucoz.net

VW T4 - T5 Transporter community website and forum group at www.t4club.co.uk
Post edited by t4club - Friday, 2010-02-12, 6:38 PM
Tommy

Message # 187 | 8:19 AM
You have created informers for which module? Ad board?
Please double check the permission. Informers will work if you give access for guests to read the module.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
CodeResolution

Message # 188 | 4:01 PM
Is it not possible to have Guestbook informers? If not I would like to be a suggestion because some people use guestbook for other features for their sites, like myself.
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Sunny

Message # 189 | 2:05 PM
t4club, did you check permissions of Ad Board categories?

Mistory, there is no such feature.

Ere-Eye

Message # 190 | 11:18 AM
Is it possible to rate entries by means of informers?

I would also like to know if I set my entries to the homepage can there be 2nd page, 3rd page and so on, on the homepage. Like you would see at the failblog.

Post edited by Ere-Eye - Thursday, 2010-03-04, 11:29 AM
Jek

Message # 191 | 11:27 PM
I made an Informer for my Photo Gallery to display the newest photo. All that it says is "Guests" are not permitted to view the module where the informer should be. An ideas on how to fix it?

Now, I am the admin. I have checked permissions for everything, removed and replaced informer, and I have cleared my cache and restarted firefox(as replied in one post). My other informers work fine.

http://GameCraft.ucoz.org

Post edited by Jek - Thursday, 2010-03-04, 11:51 PM
Tommy

Message # 192 | 2:30 AM
Jek, http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-457-51075-16-1265998572
Jek

Message # 193 | 4:12 AM
Thanks Tommy.
Sunny

Message # 194 | 9:02 AM
Quote (Ere-Eye)
Is it possible to rate entries by means of informers?

I think it is not possible but try to explore the codes under the corresponding informer template.

Quote (Ere-Eye)
I would also like to know if I set my entries to the homepage can there be 2nd page, 3rd page and so on, on the homepage. Like you would see at the failblog.

Be more specific.

Ere-Eye

Message # 195 | 12:10 PM
Quote (Sunny)
I think it is not possible but try to explore the codes under the corresponding informer template.

As I said in the other thread; I couldn't find it. I also did some experimenting with the related codes. No luck. dry

Quote (Sunny)
Be more specific.

Well here is a screenshot of the bottom aliens-exist.ucoz.com

PS: Removed the content just in case.

Attachments: 8118280.jpg (42.1 Kb)
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: