uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 661 | 1:58 PM
idoit, so my explanation here is correct: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-95432-16-1349461820 However, at the moment the domain idoits.net is not attached to any uCoz website, therefore the instruction won't work.
jehobith

Message # 662 | 10:00 PM
Hi I purchased a domain from godaddy. I changed the name servers to ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net.

I know I have to wait 48 hours, but I went ahead and parked my domain on ucoz. Will I have any conflicts with doing that? Or should I cancel the parked domain and wait?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 663 | 3:19 AM
jehobith, if it has already parked with no error message it is perfectly fine. smile We advise the 48hr period as a maximum standard waiting time - prevents users from feeling unsure if it does take that long for the domain servers to update. wink

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
jehobith

Message # 664 | 5:05 PM
Now I get this message:

Temporary technical problem occurred when checking the domain status. Please try to refresh the page in 15 minutes. If the problem remains contact Technical Support.

I been refreshing the page every 15 minutes and still get this error. cashcratetips.us is my site.
Post edited by jehobith - Sunday, 2012-11-18, 5:28 PM
Ash7221

Message # 665 | 6:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I got the same error Jehobith had.

The domain klinikaya.com.ph has been parked but not yet attached to the account

Temporary technical problem occurred when checking the domain status. Please try to refresh the page in 15 minutes. If the problem remains contact Technical Support

I'm already stuck in this page and wasn't able to attach the domain because of this message. Please advise next things to do. Please find below snapshot. Thanks.

Regards,

Asthon Castillo
http://ashdesignzcafe.com
jehobith

Message # 666 | 10:59 PM
its sunday lol I don't think anyone is working today.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 667 | 7:08 AM
jehobith, Ash7221, I'm the only person working on a Sunday here most times. wink As to your questions, there were wide-spread technical difficulties due to errors at one of our datacenters yesterday. This may have influenced the parking process for your sites domains. I will check with Technical Support on solutions if you are still seeing this message and get back to you ASAP. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 668 | 1:15 PM
The problem with the domain attachment has been fixed. If you still have any difficulties, provide your website addresses and the domains you want to attach.
jehobith

Message # 669 | 0:16 AM
everything is working fine. Thank you for your generous time.
Weno

Message # 670 | 2:22 PM
Hello
*I added domain HAXBALL.LT on my ucoz site HAXBALL.DO.AM
*I want to create a subdomain LHC.HAXBALL.LT and add it on my other site (m-craft.lt/lyga) which is hosted on my virtual server (NOT Ucoz)
*When I go to "Control panel > domain transfer > Edit domain records in SIMPLIFIED MODE" I see the line "Create any subdomains you want under your domain and attach them to other sites at uCoz or any other web hosting service."

- My question is how can add a subdomain on a site which is hosted on other hosting server, not ucoz. What should I enter in the "IP address" line if I just want to add a subdomain on this url "m-craft.lt/lyga"

Thank you.
Sunny

Message # 671 | 3:01 PM
Weno, in the CP of your uCoz website you need to select "arbitrary IP", and then enter the IP of your virtual server.
CodeResolution

Message # 672 | 11:15 AM
I've just set-up a site, and successfully attached my primary domain name - http://www.thetraditionalcoffeecompany.com/

Although for whatever reason it automatically redirects to '/defaultsite' which displays the 404 Error. Not sure how to resolve this, any support please?

I've noticed if I go to a specific module by it's directory domain (e.g. '/shop', '/blog' etc.) it works. So how come the main page doesn't?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Post edited by CodeResolution - Monday, 2013-03-25, 11:20 AM
Sunny

Message # 673 | 11:36 AM
CodeResolution, I don't see any redirection, the home page loads fine for me. If you have just attached the domain, the reason of this might be that the info hasn't been updated at your provider's yet.
CodeResolution

Message # 674 | 12:19 PM
Thanks Natali,

This must've been the case. It appears to be working on other browsers and computers. I had cleared my cache and it stills doesn't work on Firefox but I assume it'll be a simple mistake.

I'll keep in touch if this or any other error occurs smile

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Arthur2186

Message # 675 | 9:35 PM
Hi, I have been trying to create an email address for my existing domain, and followed the steps described, but the Google Apps Standard Edition does not exist any longer. How is it possible now to create myname@myname.com email address for free?

Thanks a lot!
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: