Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Suggestions to improve uCoz (read the first post before posting and commenting)
Suggestions to improve uCoz
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:29 PM
Here you can post your suggestions concerning the uCoz website builder.

There are some rules for those who want to post a suggestion and for those who comment them:

* Make sure you know the uCoz system well enough to suggest new features.

* Be attentive when posting a suggestion and make sure the suggested feature DOES NOT EXIST already.

* Please DO NOT COMMENT the suggestions. You may comment ONLY if smth has been already suggested (with a link to the previous suggestion) or if we DO HAVE the suggested feature.

* Replies of the developers are not guaranteed.

Use the following form to submit your suggestion:

Code
[b]1. Suggestion:[/b]

[b]2. Why uCoz needs this feature:[/b]

[b]3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:[/b]

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 76 | 2:50 PM
Quote Mar1aN ()
2. Speed is one of the important things of a website.

This actually depends on your user market and what your website's purpose is. Either way - there are many factors that have to be looked at when considering speed, and external files aren't the sole reason websites take time to load.

In terms of a uCoz perspective the system can't exactly not load required files or allow them to be a part of user controlled environment else risk users accidentally deleting the codes and then we have an increase in users who have corrupted their website templates to the point of which they would have to reset their hard work and start all over again - was see it already with the current templates and level of modification users have with them.

I will, however, investigate possible solutions to these problems and see what the team say.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 77 | 3:45 PM
1. Suggestion: Responsive Video on the forums.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Because this is the only thing that I can't make responsive on my design. It's the era of mobile.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Here's a code for a responsive video.

CSS
Code
.video-container {
position: relative;  
padding-bottom: 56.25%;  
padding-top: 30px;  
height: 0;  
overflow: hidden;  
}  
.video-container iframe, .video-container object, .video-container embed {  
position: absolute;  
top: 0;  
left: 0;  
width: 100%;  
height: 100%;
}

HTML
Code
<div class="video-container">
          <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dFVxGRekRSg" frameborder="0" width="560" height="315"></iframe>
</div>
lanh

Message # 78 | 5:48 AM
1. Suggestion: Show all entries of one category by $CODE$ and these entries only show in that category only.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: As the limit of INFORMER (30 inf) (what happen if we have more than 100 categories) and modification (limit of characters) of code in template.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Just output a $CODE$ in a template. Allow site administrator modifies $CODE$ template the same as informer.

Sunny

Message # 79 | 10:37 AM
Quote lanh ()
Show all entries of one category by $CODE$ and these entries only show in that category only.

If you open a link of a certain category, you will only see the entries of this category. What exactly are you trying to implement?

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Mar1aN

Message # 80 | 6:36 PM
Add new conditional operators that detect the width and height of the device.

This would help us in ads placement.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 81 | 7:13 PM
Mar1aN, I can actually help with that from a CSS perspective. Not so well known CSS units vh and vw will help you out with what you need.

vh = % View Height (So 25vh is 25% of the viewport height.)
vw = % View Width (So 32vh is 32% of the viewport width.)

Have fun experimenting. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
lanh

Message # 82 | 6:48 AM
1. Suggestion: Enable Customize field/other fields in all current modules can be searched.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: To have a flexible CMS web system. Sometimes we need to have more searching options but it could not be implemented with the current system. It's a huge limitation. Most of advance and business website have a lot of searching options. (this feature would help a lot for advertising/music/dating/library/news/movie... website owner that user can search exact what they want).

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:Just make it can be searched and it should be added to advance search table. It should have its own CODE (the same as INFOMRER) that user can modify and put it at anywhere.

Added (2014-09-08, 0:48 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Another Suggestion.

1. Suggestion: Output user information on Entry Full Text template

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Currently, we can not put user information at other templates outside user information. This is another limitation. Actually, I would like say most of users are lazy people (and me too smile ) and they just want to click on what it is shown directly on page. A new time has come (as I knew, it came a long time ago...:) ) but we are still using the old way. cry

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Update system to output the code the same as user information page.

Post edited by lanh - Monday, 2014-09-08, 6:49 AM
rys3r

Message # 83 | 4:33 PM
1. Suggestion: HTML on page creation.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Easy to use HTML on pages and better view of the code.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Use the same system from Design Management.

Post edited by rys3r - Saturday, 2014-09-13, 3:54 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 84 | 9:09 PM
rys3r, please, upload the images to Imgur smile
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
lanh

Message # 85 | 3:31 AM
1. Suggestion: Adding customize filter for site news/publisher and blog module

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: More searching field, easy to navigate the site when there are more options.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Update it as other modules.

Post edited by lanh - Saturday, 2014-09-13, 4:54 AM
rys3r

Message # 86 | 3:55 PM
Quote bigblog ()
rys3r, please, upload the images to Imgur

Why?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 87 | 4:18 PM
rys3r, because we haven't access to your uploaded photos on Google+.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
rys3r

Message # 88 | 8:24 PM
bigblog, it is the same but ok.

there is any feedback from uCoz team or our suggestions is just waste of time?
FC-BAYERN-München

Message # 89 | 1:20 AM
1. Suggestion: Clear the Action Logs

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: More Saftey for the Website Owners / Admins

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Ucoz can clear the Action Logs every Month once, or you give us the rights, to let us clear this dangerous Informations, when we want.

PLEASEEEE
Good

Message # 90 | 0:51 AM
1. Suggestion:Customize field of all current modules should be editable the same as email module. E.g customize field could be modified as text, radio button, select, check-box,...the same as email module.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature:This would help a lot for advance users who want to edit their with multipurpose and uCoz will be a flexible CMS system.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:Update system for customize field of current module. It could be separated with Module Setting.
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Suggestions to improve uCoz (read the first post before posting and commenting)
Search: