uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Registration of users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:18 PM
At present there are two ways of users registration at the websites within uCoz web-services.

uID authorization (uID users)

When a user finishes uID authorization, he/she receives uID (universal login). It allows users to visit uCoz websites without repeated registrations. Such a user has a huge advantage of high-tech, advanced management of his/her global profile via Webtop. Users may not only manage websites and personal data, but fulfill other useful functions via Webtop. Besides, each uID user has his/her own userbar at uCoz websites (control panel of available site features).
uID authorization is available at all the websites by default and it is a system feature.
uID users login to the website by means of E-mail and Password.

Local authorization

When a user finishes local authorization, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and userbar is not available for such a user. He/she has to register at other websites again.
Local users login to the websites by means of Login and Passowrd.
Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the package of services and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!

Now it is not possible to enable both local and uID users! You need to choose either local authorization or uID authorization method!

How to disable website registration?

It is possible to disable registration for users at the website. To do so go to Control panel->Users->Module settings->do not tag the checkbox “Activate "Users" module”->Save.
After disabling this module, it will not be possible to register and login to the website. Administrators login will be realized through http://yourwebsite.com/admin/.

How to register via the Control panel?

Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method (besides the times, when “Users” module is disabled).
All the websites support local authorization!

If you face any registration at the website problems, be sure to provide a link to the website!

Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]
spongebob

Message # 31 | 3:23 PM
Hi to everyone! smile

Is there any way to see me notified by e-mail when a new user does his own registration?

Thanks,
Stefano

come and visit me at http://www.majinbu.ucoz.com/
Post edited by spongebob - Sunday, 2009-05-03, 2:36 PM
Sunny

Message # 32 | 3:23 PM
spongebob, CP -> Users -> Module settings -> E-mail notification of the administrator about registration. But as I can see you have only uNet users enabled, therefore you can't receive notifications because users register at uNet.com.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
spongebob

Message # 33 | 3:23 PM
Sunny, nice to read your reply! heart
...as I can see you have only uNet users enabled...

I should check "Local users" too. shouldn't I?
If I do that what will be the advantages?

Thanks,
Stefano.

Sunny

Message # 34 | 3:23 PM
spongebob, you may check "Local users" if you wish. In this case there will be two registration forms, and a visitor will be able to choose one of them. Therefore you will receive notifications only about those visitors who have chosen the local registration form.

Quote (spongebob)
If I do that what will be the advantages?

uNet users have more advantages then local users, e.g. they don't see the ad banner but have a User Bar instead.

spongebob

Message # 35 | 3:23 PM
Sunny, thanks again for your puntualization
...you will receive notifications only about those visitors who have chosen the local registration form

now I'm getting you!
How (where) can I see a couple of screen shots about that?
I mean, I'd like to see what is prompted to a new user during a real register with this option enabled.

Thanks,
Stefano

Post edited by spongebob - Tuesday, 2009-05-05, 10:40 AM
jackass

Message # 36 | 3:24 PM
Sunny, don't want to go off topic, but if I disable local user, how can I log in if I use all the time username and password for my account, will I now need to use e-mail?
What will happen with local users?
Sunny

Message # 37 | 3:24 PM
Quote (spongebob)
How (where) can I see a couple of screen shots about that?
I mean, I'd like to see what is prompted to a new user during a real register with this option enabled.

Try it at your website. Or create a test website and try it there.

Quote (jackass)
Sunny, don't want to go off topic, but if I disable local user, how can I log in if I use all the time username and password for my account, will I now need to use e-mail?
What will happen with local users?

Yes, you will need to use e-mail. Local users won't be able to log in if they don't have uNet profiles.

smokingunzz

Message # 38 | 3:24 PM
Is it possible that after someone registers on my site that they can be directed to a different page other than my homepage? I have a rules page that I would like to have them agree to after submitting a registration.
Post edited by smokingunzz - Sunday, 2009-05-10, 8:57 PM
cokoboy

Message # 39 | 3:24 PM
Well, you can include the rules into your registration page, just edit: "user registration page" or "user registration form" both works if you know how, Although it must be static. You couldn't really redirect because I do not think there is a script that redirects after you submit, and having the redirect screen on the log in screen(which comes after you register) would not work because that page can be accessed by people who just want to log in.

You could try many methods like:
- just putting the rules into the registration page
- iframe the page with rules into registration page

hope this helps, if you need help doing any of those feel free to ask smile

smokingunzz

Message # 40 | 3:24 PM
Yeah that's what I have done right now. Was just hoping for the redirection but your probably right about that being impossible.
NonØ

Message # 41 | 3:24 PM
yes you cant redirect after registration.
but i have a theory, just try it out guys it might work..

- after registration, they will need to login
- then try this

Code
<?if($USER_REG_DAYS$ = 1)?>
This code (redirect code) or modules to be seen or messages for 1 day old member<?else?>
the other way around...
<?endif?>

i hope it will work... enjoi...

WeLcome to the END!!!
Project NoA
suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!
Goks

Message # 42 | 3:25 PM
Hello all.I have a problem and i looked on forums and i cant find a solution so im gona ask here?:).

When new user try to register to my webpage they have to wait 1 day or more to get their email verified or something.I know when i register on certain webpage its usulay instant.I mean you get your email verification in few sec or 1 min or so:).Why is it taking so long?Is there anything i can do to make it faster?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Armaros

Message # 43 | 3:25 PM
Goks, do you have uNet registration?
Goks

Message # 44 | 3:25 PM
Yes Armaros i do.
Armaros

Message # 45 | 3:25 PM
uNet holds a lot of users and it takes time for uNet to send e-mails.
I suggest you to turn on "Local" users only. Registration will be fast.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Search: