uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Registration of users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:18 PM
At present there are two ways of users registration at the websites within uCoz web-services.

uID authorization (uID users)

When a user finishes uID authorization, he/she receives uID (universal login). It allows users to visit uCoz websites without repeated registrations. Such a user has a huge advantage of high-tech, advanced management of his/her global profile via Webtop. Users may not only manage websites and personal data, but fulfill other useful functions via Webtop. Besides, each uID user has his/her own userbar at uCoz websites (control panel of available site features).
uID authorization is available at all the websites by default and it is a system feature.
uID users login to the website by means of E-mail and Password.

Local authorization

When a user finishes local authorization, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and userbar is not available for such a user. He/she has to register at other websites again.
Local users login to the websites by means of Login and Passowrd.
Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the package of services and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!

Now it is not possible to enable both local and uID users! You need to choose either local authorization or uID authorization method!

How to disable website registration?

It is possible to disable registration for users at the website. To do so go to Control panel->Users->Module settings->do not tag the checkbox “Activate "Users" module”->Save.
After disabling this module, it will not be possible to register and login to the website. Administrators login will be realized through http://yourwebsite.com/admin/.

How to register via the Control panel?

Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method (besides the times, when “Users” module is disabled).
All the websites support local authorization!

If you face any registration at the website problems, be sure to provide a link to the website!

Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]
Goks

Message # 46 | 3:25 PM
Sorry but where do i do that?:).

Thank you for the help.

Armaros

Message # 47 | 3:25 PM
Control Panel -> Users -> Module Settings -> Allowed methods of users authorization.
KarlisLV

Message # 48 | 3:26 PM
Is ther any code to allow users register in special time and other time the users see text that you cant register at this time!
Like they can see register page and register at 17:00-18:00 and from 18:00 to 17:00 they see text You cant register!

What the code and where to put it?? sad

Armaros

Message # 49 | 3:26 PM
KarlisLV, you can do it manually by your own time. Disable user module
& enable it only when you want it. Make announcement stating you can
register 17-18. For person like me, code wont stop me from registering.
KarlisLV

Message # 50 | 3:26 PM
Yeah! But if there a way to make it automaticly not manually?
Armaros

Message # 51 | 3:26 PM
Maybe, but that's out of uCoz support forum.
mariozplaze

Message # 52 | 3:26 PM
Is there a way to restrict people of a certain age to register like.
Only people ages 10 and over can register? smile

I love Ucoz and all of its staff! Thanks for all the help!
Unique

Message # 53 | 3:26 PM
mariozplaze, i think no.
Programer

Message # 54 | 3:27 PM
I have been under the Control panel of my ucoz site... when i change the field Users/Rules of user registration and click save it changes the text, but when a user registers it just keeps on beeing the only text in the terms of use: TERMS that's the only thing that is written inside... How do i change it?
My Computing & Programming forum: http://computing-tech.com
Sunny

Message # 55 | 3:27 PM
Those rules are uNet rules, you can't change them (they are empty because they are still under construction).

http://computer-tech.ucoz.com/index/3-1 - here are your rules.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
mmc

Message # 56 | 3:27 PM
i am facing a problem with user registrations. Some of them couldn't register in my site & they told me that tthe problem was with security code . they tried correct security code and registration was not successful. So that I tested a registration on my site . It was ok.
I don't know why others not

Thanks!

Sunny

Message # 57 | 3:27 PM
mmc, yes, the registration on your website works fine. If a user has problems he/she may click on the code and it will change into another. Besides ask users to try another browsers.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
mmc

Message # 58 | 3:27 PM
sunny

i told them ready to do like that. they tried many times & their reply is all of the error messages return is "Incorrect security code".
they also tried to register with IE, M-fox, G-chrome . Still not ok with this problem.

if u feel free pls check my site http://myanmarmedical.com

thank much

Post edited by mmc - Friday, 2009-10-16, 9:33 AM
Tommy

Message # 59 | 3:27 PM
mmc, I don't have any problem login to your site. The problem is with your user's.
As sunny said, ask them to use another browser or they might have entered wrong security code.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
mmc

Message # 60 | 3:28 PM
someone replied me like that I have tried all those... and it did not work
I changed the code many times, tried IE/Safari/Firefox/Chrome.. on both Vista and Mc OSX!!!
MacOSX

Most are with this problem on registration.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Search: