uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Registration of users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:18 PM
At present there are two ways of users registration at the websites within uCoz web-services.

uID authorization (uID users)

When a user finishes uID authorization, he/she receives uID (universal login). It allows users to visit uCoz websites without repeated registrations. Such a user has a huge advantage of high-tech, advanced management of his/her global profile via Webtop. Users may not only manage websites and personal data, but fulfill other useful functions via Webtop. Besides, each uID user has his/her own userbar at uCoz websites (control panel of available site features).
uID authorization is available at all the websites by default and it is a system feature.
uID users login to the website by means of E-mail and Password.

Local authorization

When a user finishes local authorization, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and userbar is not available for such a user. He/she has to register at other websites again.
Local users login to the websites by means of Login and Passowrd.
Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the package of services and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!

Now it is not possible to enable both local and uID users! You need to choose either local authorization or uID authorization method!

How to disable website registration?

It is possible to disable registration for users at the website. To do so go to Control panel->Users->Module settings->do not tag the checkbox “Activate "Users" module”->Save.
After disabling this module, it will not be possible to register and login to the website. Administrators login will be realized through http://yourwebsite.com/admin/.

How to register via the Control panel?

Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method (besides the times, when “Users” module is disabled).
All the websites support local authorization!

If you face any registration at the website problems, be sure to provide a link to the website!

Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]
Sunny

Message # 61 | 3:28 PM
mmc, I tested your website in Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome and had no problems. If users still have this problem it might be caused by some software installed on their PCs. You can register them via CP -> Users -> Add new user.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Vin

Message # 62 | 3:28 PM
Quote (mmc)
someone replied me like that I have tried all those... and it did not work
I changed the code many times, tried IE/Safari/Firefox/Chrome.. on both Vista and Mc OSX!!!
MacOSX

Most are with this problem on registration.

same with me, my friend complain its difficult to registration via opera mini

maikel

Message # 63 | 3:28 PM
my friends are trying to register to my site but that security code message keeps coming up saying that its wrong but i dont even have it -.- how i change it back
and i mean in site registration not unet registration
Tommy

Message # 64 | 3:28 PM
maikel, they need to enter correct security code to register. You can't disable security code at registration because it is a protection from spam.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
maikel

Message # 65 | 3:28 PM
yeah i know but how to i restore it ??
Tommy

Message # 66 | 3:29 PM
CP - Customize Design - Underusers select User Registration form and click Restore default template.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
maikel

Message # 67 | 3:29 PM
didnt work :/
Devilz

Message # 68 | 3:29 PM
How can know if a new user is registered to my site. Is there a chance to get email to the administrators emails ID. If I want to know through my website itself about the new registered user what is the procedure.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ascertain Everything As Certain Things Improves Your Behaviour and Proves Your Character.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DeathGod

Message # 69 | 3:29 PM
You get an e-mail when a new user register.
www.drunkenjesus.net
Tommy

Message # 70 | 3:29 PM
Devilz, Please search next time http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-1894-29517-16-1241357703
Devilz

Message # 71 | 3:29 PM
No guys actually I didn't get any e-mail about the register of one of my user
Ascertain Everything As Certain Things Improves Your Behaviour and Proves Your Character.
Tommy

Message # 72 | 3:30 PM
Devilz, When I link you to a thread, please read it.
Quote (Sunny)
CP -> Users -> Module settings -> E-mail notification of the administrator about registration. But as I can see you have only uNet users enabled, therefore you can't receive notifications because users register at uNet.com.

If you have uNet users enabled, you can't receive notifications. Enable "Local users" if you enabled "uNet" users only.
Further discussion goes in the mentioned thread.

Sunny

Message # 73 | 3:30 PM
maikel, provide your website url.
maikel

Message # 74 | 3:30 PM
u want my site name ?

Added (2009-12-14, 8:59 Am)
---------------------------------------------
army.ucoz.org ?

Added (2009-12-14, 9:03 Am)
---------------------------------------------
off topic too : how i change the login ? i mean it says e-mail when i want to log in but i need it to be username

Sunny

Message # 75 | 3:30 PM
maikel, make sure that you restored User registration form and not only User registration page. If it doesn't help then paste the following code into 'User registration form' manually

Code
<?if($SECURITY_CODE_FL$)?>
<tr id="siM60"><td class="manTd1" id="siM61">$SECURITY_CODE_SIGN$</td><td class="manTd2" id="siM62">$SECURITY_CODE_FL$</td></tr><tr><td height="10" class="manTdSep" colspan="2"><hr class="manHr" /></td></tr>
<?endif?>

Quote (maikel)
how i change the login ? i mean it says e-mail when i want to log in but i need it to be username

In CP -> Customize Design -> User login form.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Search: