uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Site search
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:41 PM

uCoz Web Service has its own Site search.

You do not have to install this module. It is installed by default and it is a required module.
Attention: it is impossible to deinstall the Site Search module!

Though it is possible to set it up or not to use it at all.

You can select the modules to search in:

We would like to draw your attention to the setting

Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:
If the checkbox is tagged, the site search results will be shown after the search results by tags.
Here is how the site search results will look for the request: CINEMA

And this is the way the search results by the tag CINEMA will look (You will see them in addition with site search results).

Where the first result is the search result by the tag CINEMA. And the rest of he results are site search results for the request CINEMA.
(This is an example with the default settings of Appearance of entries. "Entry brief description" in the modules is also disabled)

It is not difficult to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results. The appearance of the site search entries is the following: module name + the date (day-month-year the time of adding the entry).

The appearance of the search entries by the tag is the following: module name + the title of the module category (nesting depth of an entry. The code $ENTRY_DEPTH$ is responsible for that)+the date when the entry was added (day.month.year).

It is also possible to distinguish the search results by the tag from the site search results with a help of the URL of the request:

The appearance of the request URL of the site search results is the following: http://siteaddress/search/?q=
The appearance of the request URL of the search results by the tag is the following: http://siteaddress/search/

If the checkbox “Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search:” is not tagged:
the search by tag will show the results for the request of this tag only. And the site search will show the results on the search requests only.

Site search module has design customization feature.

Search page – will help you to customize the design of the page with the results of the site search and the search by tags.
Appearance of entries – will help you to customize the appearance of search results entries.

Sitemap

Sitemap is generated automatically on each website now. Users do not have to create it any more. Sitemap files are updated automatically, approximately once a day (depends on how often the website is updated). URLs of Sitemap files are written in the default robots.txt file, which we advise not to change.
You can get URLs of the Sitemap in Control panel->Site search
Note on search forms: each site module has codes $SEARCH_FORM$ and $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$
It means that either the form for the indexed search on the whole website ($SEARCH_FORM$) or form to search entries of a module ($MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$) can be embedded into the template of the modules. Of course, both forms can be used simultaneously in order to search on the whole website or to search entries of a certain module.

Addition: on the websites with uID login, uNet users' bar has a site search form: Userbar->Control->Site search

Note:
  • The new entries are indexed within 10 days.
  • The entries that are deleted from the website, disappear from the search results within 14 days
  • In order to re-index the entries in the catalog manually, you need to tag the checkbox “Entry date:“ and Save without making any other changes.

See how to enable Site Search here:

Attachments: 4952405.png (26.3 Kb) · 2896905.png (1.4 Kb) · 7026367.png (7.1 Kb) · 0944180.png (9.3 Kb) · 8864910.png (1.5 Kb)
hunh

Message # 331 | 5:59 AM
We can use google customs search form. It's really faster.
Clyde

Message # 332 | 3:21 PM
Quote hunh ()
We can use google customs search form. It's really faster.

Good luck with that...
My site was indexed and is being crawled by Google for some time now and still 580 of 12,000 entries are cataloged.
It's actually up to 583 today wacko

But as KelvinGari7774 stated, the search engine we get here does need to be more accurate.

It was always this way... but now that we have accumulated so many threads (that we need to keep) it's really unuseable.

Our search engine returns are unorganized... 2009 thru 2014 entries show up next to each other with no apparent organization.
Sometimes new threads are first...other times in the middle; other times last. When you sometimes get 30 plus pages of returns there has to be some 'sorting' method. Simple databases can easily accomplish this.

Our members have always complained about it.

Ucoz Website Since 2009
Sunny

Message # 333 | 4:33 PM
Quote Clyde ()
Our search engine returns are unorganized... 2009 thru 2014 entries show up next to each other with no apparent organization.

Entries are sorted by relevance, not by date.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ed05

Message # 334 | 2:30 AM
Quote Natashko ()
The new entries are indexed within 4 days.

For me this is not true. My website stil not indexed enteries added 7-12-2014 and today is 16-12. Actually, i'm starting to worry ,almost 10 days are past and even one enteries wont apear in search results.

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2014-12-16, 3:04 AM
Sunny

Message # 335 | 2:16 PM
In order to optimize the operation of the servers and the Site Search module the max period of indexing has been changed. Now new entries are indexed within 10 days. It does not mean that all new entries will be indexed in 10 days - it may be 1 day, 3 days, and so on.

Mar1aN

Message # 336 | 8:07 PM
Can i use more than one tag?

For example
http://siteaddress/search/tag1 & tag2 & tag3

Ed05

Message # 337 | 10:29 PM
Sunny, if you mean that it may be past more that 10 days for enteries apear in search results ok, cause my enteries still wont apear and it past 12 days.
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Thursday, 2014-12-18, 10:30 PM
Mar1aN

Message # 338 | 2:35 PM
In http://siteaddress/search/tag1 , can i show only entries that have tag1 in their tags? Without the ones who have tag1 in their title.
Sunny

Message # 339 | 8:08 PM
Quote Mar1aN ()
Can i use more than one tag?

For example
http://siteaddress/search/tag1 & tag2 & tag3

Unfortunately no.

Quote Ed05 ()
Sunny, if you mean that it may be past more that 10 days for enteries apear in search results ok, cause my enteries still wont apear and it past 12 days.

I mean that it should be not more than 10 days, in most cases less. Please provide the URLs of the entries that are not indexed.

Quote Mar1aN ()
In http://siteaddress/search/tag1 , can i show only entries that have tag1 in their tags? Without the ones who have tag1 in their title.

Disable the option Supplement search results by tags with the results of site search in the Site Search module settings.

Mar1aN

Message # 340 | 8:53 PM
Ed05

Message # 341 | 11:20 PM
I think that you have serious isue here with search module cause 15 days are past and i dont have search results!
!
Sunny

Message # 342 | 8:28 AM
Ed05,
Quote Sunny ()
Please provide the URLs of the entries that are not indexed.

Ed05

Message # 343 | 11:52 PM
I sent pm.

Added (2014-12-31, 11:52 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote Ed05 ()
For me this is not true. My website stil not indexed enteries added 7-12-2014 and today is 16-12. Actually, i'm starting to worry ,almost 10 days are past and even one enteries wont apear in search results.

And now its new year 2015 and i still don't have any results from search page. Any progress maybe in fixing this?
Ps, i check out some other websites hosted on s104 and they search works normally. I'm without search option whole month ,from day when i pay for paid service package. My users wont stay on website where they cant find specific enteries with searching modules.

!
Mar1aN

Message # 344 | 5:41 PM
I am having problems with tag search.
The page selector is not appearing.

This is the page with the top tags of my website
http://doardebine.ro/index/taguri/0-167

Xayaan

Message # 345 | 11:39 AM
Mar1aN, It seems that the tag items arent appearing. How many tag items are set to be seen currently in that page?
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Site search (And everything that is related to it)
Search: