uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Executor

Message # 166 | 11:52 PM
i got a question for Sunny. i dont really get what the sub-domain thang is. but, i just want to know what if i made a tk domain, could i transfer the whole uCoz site into that?
Sunny

Message # 167 | 9:22 AM
testalapa, asking one and the same question twice will not help you get the answer faster.

Be more specific and explain everything in details - what and where are you parking? And what did you cancel? This domain - www.vitalitate.lv?

Executor, first of all most users do not advise to use .tk (I personally never tried this domain). If you attach a domain you do not transfer a website anywhere, your website will just have a new address (your old uCoz address will be working as well).

testalapa

Message # 168 | 9:38 AM
I create a new page, were i must put the subdomain www.brinumlade.vitalitate.lv, but i put it in wrong cp in page www.vitalitate.lv, when i see the mistake i cancel the parking. Now the page www.vitalitate.lv dont load.

The subdomain i park in right page and this site www.brinumlade.vitalitate.lv is working.

Sunny

Message # 169 | 10:41 AM
testalapa, as far as I can see you have detached the domain www.vitalitate.lv from www.vitalitate.ucoz.lv, therefore you now need to attach the domain once again.
testalapa

Message # 170 | 10:48 AM
i cant! tere write: "Impossible to park the specified domain, its subdomain is already parked for another account"
Sunny

Message # 171 | 11:04 AM
testalapa, okay, then you need to detach the subdomain, then attach the domain to your first website, and then attach the subdomain again.
testalapa

Message # 172 | 12:11 PM
TNX, now its work smile
Executor

Message # 173 | 0:29 AM
Quote (Sunny)
Executor, first of all most users do not advise to use .tk (I personally never tried this domain). If you attach a domain you do not transfer a website anywhere, your website will just have a new address (your old uCoz address will be working as well).

aight sunny. thank you for trying. although i dont have enough information to give you. which is why i cant give you more details than that.

Post edited by Executor - Wednesday, 2010-01-20, 3:22 AM
BraziluCoz

Message # 174 | 0:50 AM
If I register a new site at uCoz, can I attach it to the subdomain of my domain domen.net, provided I attached it by means of DNS?

Yes, you can. Through the control panel of the site, to which domen.net is attached, add the necessary subdomain, e.g. forum.domen.net, by specifying for it the IP address of the server, where the new site is registered. Then attach forum.domen.net in the control panel of the new site by the third method.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not understand. I could explain in more detail?
-=-
I did so ...

I DID RIGHT?

Attachments: 1531543.jpg (10.3 Kb)

Hello! I am Ennio Sousa
Sunny

Message # 175 | 11:25 AM
BraziluCoz, see the following - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-435-6439-16-1218808592
Paqui

Message # 176 | 7:30 PM
I have read the threads. But I have a lot of doubts.
I have a domain name at Yahoo! but only a starter page.
The site is still on my computer at home.

First doubt is about my pages. Just plain html, text and pictures, very simple pages exept for the index page that have a script for the menu.
I have asked about that before.

NOW, the pages are not the same in Firefox and Explorer. Explorer mess with Swedish letters åäö and the script for the menu.
My pages works fine with Firefox and on Linux system. I have other domain at one.com and they have checked the html code but nothing wrong.
It should work online with all browsers as there is nothing special in the html code. My other site works with both Explorer and Firefox and the new site is the same type of the most simple html pages. I have used it for maybe 12 years so I dont understand what is wrong.

How can I test (online) both http://greenlemons.org and http://greenlemons.ucoz.com at the same time? ...... to see how my site works on this server?

Second doubt is to "move" my domain to ucoz, I have no pages online. I am not sure. You have some limitations for a ucoz site.
Do you have the same limits if I have my own domain? Problems with scripts, forums and so on?

About the mail, will it be my domain name or gmail? Like paqui@greenlemons.org?

Edit: I also have pages with forums but they works only at one.com I think and I also have a php forum there.

Sunny

Message # 177 | 9:17 AM
Quote (Paqui)
NOW, the pages are not the same in Firefox and Explorer. Explorer mess with Swedish letters åäö and the script for the menu.
My pages works fine with Firefox and on Linux system. I have other domain at one.com and they have checked the html code but nothing wrong.
It should work online with all browsers as there is nothing special in the html code. My other site works with both Explorer and Firefox and the new site is the same type of the most simple html pages. I have used it for maybe 12 years so I dont understand what is wrong.

What is the website url? Does it happen on a static .html page? If yes then I doubt it is uCoz's problem. Probably the problem is with the encoding.

Quote (Paqui)
How can I test (online) both http://greenlemons.org and http://greenlemons.ucoz.com at the same time? ...... to see how my site works on this server?

Just copy pages/code from http://greenlemons.org to http://greenlemons.ucoz.com The domain attachment does not influence the work of the website, displaying of pages etc.

Quote (Paqui)
Second doubt is to "move" my domain to ucoz, I have no pages online. I am not sure. You have some limitations for a ucoz site.
Do you have the same limits if I have my own domain? Problems with scripts, forums and so on?

We have limitations concerning static .html pages. uCoz is a dynamic system, therefore websites consisting of static pages only are not allowed. Besides visitors of such pages are not counted and the website can be deleted for inactivity.

Quote (Paqui)
About the mail, will it be my domain name or gmail? Like paqui@greenlemons.org ?

It will be your domain name but set up by means of gmail.

Quote (Paqui)
Edit: I also have pages with forums but they works only at one.com I think and I also have a php forum there.

PHP is not allowed at uCoz.

Paqui

Message # 178 | 7:53 PM
I can change how to view (the coding) the pages in the browsers. Changing to UTF-8 corrupt all Swedish letters.

Non of these setting can read the uploaded pages corrupted text. (at ucoz)

Your page builder use UTF-8 and I can view that online but not on my computer.

...... ucoz and w. Europe is not using the same encoding?

Added (2010-01-22, 1:09 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
I give up this thing and do the pages as you want by coping the text.
Its much faster than upload the pages. No problem with sw letters.

The domain greenlemons.org has been parked but not yet attached to the account

The domain has incorrect set of DNS servers: yns1.yahoo.com, yns2.yahoo.com

After you have bought a domain or have made any changes to its settings you need to wait 12 hours.

The following list of DNS servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

I have not done any changes last 24 hours.

What do I do? Wait? ... or does it mean that it takes 12 hours ....

Added (2010-01-22, 1:53 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Google want 40€ for each e-mail account and year.

At one.com they host my site and I have unlimimited e-mail accounts for 1€/month or it will be 13-14€/year and Google want 40€ for just one single user ???? 50 users 2000 €/year

If so, I must cancel this parking spot. Its too expensive.

Far too much problems with ucoz alredy.

Post edited by Paqui - Friday, 2010-01-22, 7:12 PM
Sunny

Message # 179 | 12:35 PM
Quote (Paqui)
The domain has incorrect set of DNS servers: yns1.yahoo.com, yns2.yahoo.com

After you have bought a domain or have made any changes to its settings you need to wait 12 hours.

The following list of DNS servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

It means that you must change the name servers to ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net at your domain's control panel.

Quote (Paqui)
Google want 40€ for each e-mail account and year.

How are Google prices related to uCoz?

BraziluCoz

Message # 180 | 3:30 PM
I can use the fields of NO-IP.COM Domain for attachment like a subdomain. when creating a field of no-ip.com asked the server IP. if I put the sitema of UcoZ accept?
Hello! I am Ennio Sousa
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: