uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
TheWordsmith

Message # 151 | 7:15 PM
THANK YOU DARTZ!!!!

This is WONDERFUL News!

You rock!

Regards and Happy New Year!!!

Linda
Elite Proof

Omar

Message # 152 | 2:03 PM
maybe make in ucoz that subdomein and domain rating be one, conjuction or, when user open site www.site.domain.com, this for to fix counter of domein.com
Sunny

Message # 153 | 1:33 PM
Omar, sorry I do not understand what you mean. If it is a suggestion use Suggestion board.
Omar

Message # 154 | 5:11 PM
Sunny, sad
blueangel08

Message # 155 | 5:32 AM
Once we attched our domain can we upload our site without using the website builder?
Sunny

Message # 156 | 11:14 AM
blueangel08, no. You can upload static html pages to File Manager, but according to system rules you must use at least one content module. Besides visitors of static pages are not counted and a website can be deleted for inactivity.
blueangel08

Message # 157 | 6:08 PM
whats a static page? I use webstudio to build my pages in html and upload them but I want to be able to edit my site here
I use most of the modules now so, thats not the problem. I had a full blown webstore with ucoz just completed and it got deleted while I was moving so, I'm building with programs where I can keep it backed up without all the fees. What can I do to keep this from happening again? It takes me several weeks to build.
Post edited by blueangel08 - Friday, 2010-01-08, 6:52 PM
kienthuctinhoc0ucoz0net

Message # 158 | 3:36 AM
As you already know the domain kienthuctinhoc.org working very well, but do not know why ucoz.com requirements attach again? cry angry
So I have to do from the beginning wacko cry

Added (2010-01-08, 9:36 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
I want change kienthuctinhoc.ucoz.net to kienthuctinhoc.org I use domain attachment but msg say like this

The domain has incorrect set of DNS servers:

After you have bought a domain or have made any changes to its settings you need to wait 12 hours.

The following list of DNS servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

but kienthuctinhoc.org no have use namesever cry

Dartz

Message # 159 | 8:31 AM
Quote (blueangel08)
whats a static page?
Google this question.

Quote (blueangel08)
What can I do to keep this from happening again?
uCoz offers backup option.

kienthuctinhoc0ucoz0net, simply change name-servers. If you do not have this
option in your domain panel, contact your domain providers explaining the situation.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
kienthuctinhoc0ucoz0net

Message # 160 | 9:38 AM
I created the record like this but why not?
Attachments: 5196354.jpg (25.5 Kb)
Post edited by kienthuctinhoc0ucoz0net - Saturday, 2010-01-09, 9:39 AM
Dartz

Message # 161 | 10:09 AM
(?)
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
jaz

Message # 162 | 9:54 AM
Friends i have changed my domain to co.cc (free one)..

it is in use for 2 months..today wen i went to my site

it says

"www.christian-downloads.co.cc

This domain is under examination at the moment.

It will be finished within 24 hours!"

does it mean tat my site is facing some prob or wat???

X-Zoner
Sunny

Message # 163 | 10:39 AM
jaz, it means that you should address this question to co.cc service, uCoz has nothing to do with this.
jaz

Message # 164 | 1:08 PM
oh ok... i thought some upgradtion in ucoz gave tat msg..sorry for tat!!
X-Zoner
testalapa

Message # 165 | 10:56 PM
Hi!

I have make parking of subdomain in wrong page (were i have domain). I cancel the parking, but after then my page dont load. ( write There is no site configured on this address). How can i get back the domain in my page?

Can please someone check the page www.vitalitate.lv (in www.vitalitate.ucoz.lv works fine)

Please!

Post edited by testalapa - Monday, 2010-01-18, 11:35 PM
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: