uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Plantillasw

Message # 646 | 8:46 PM
thanks, sunny
Hello, I'm a graphic designer emr dustin, I am programmer and diseñor addition of web pages, uCoz chose because of its advantages.
Expert1510

Message # 647 | 1:03 AM
Is it okay if one can use the word ucoz in a email for a site?

Like for example just say the site's name is sportsmadness.ucoz.com, is it okay to have sportsmadnessucoz@gmail.com ? (even though it's not an actual domain email, just has the name of the site with the word ucoz). cool
Post edited by Expert1510 - Friday, 2012-08-03, 1:04 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 648 | 8:02 AM
Expert1510, as far as I am aware this should be fine. As long as you clearly make users aware on your site that your site/email isn't related with the uCoz team there should be no problems. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Expert1510

Message # 649 | 9:47 AM
Thanks P, really appreciate the help.
khen

Message # 650 | 6:46 AM
Hi uCoz team,

Greetings! We ask your urgent help and immediate response. Please allow my TOPBUSINESSFINANCE.COM website to be transferred in a new registrar.

We are counting on you guys. Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards

Khen

Added (2012-08-09, 0:46 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Hello uCoz team,

I'm currently transferring my domain to a new registrar.

May I know why my site http://www.topbusinessfinance.com/ is inaccessible right now?

Can I access my site even if it's under a domain transfer process.

Sunny

Message # 651 | 2:15 PM
khen, the domain is available at the moment.

P.S. Please try not to ask one and the same question via all possible support sources. Even if it is urgent. Your questions will be answered in any case smile

Vallina

Message # 652 | 6:15 AM
So if I buy a domain and attach it to my current ucoz website, will the registration form still be the same? Every function of my website would still be the same, correct?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 653 | 8:08 AM
Quote (Vallina)
So if I buy a domain and attach it to my current ucoz website, will the registration form still be the same? Every function of my website would still be the same, correct?

Nothing on your site itself will change if a domain is attached. They are only a way to change the address of your site, nothing more. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
idoit

Message # 654 | 1:15 AM
Hi all,
Problem: I can't add a specific subdomain to my site.
Details: I'm trying to redirect my Google Blogspot (also known as Blogger) as a subdomain of my uCoz website. When following Setup Instructions at Blogger, I had to add 2 CNAME records. First one is mydomain.ucoz.com with Target as "ghs.google.com". It goes Ok... but when adding second CNAME which has a long string name, it doesn't allow me.
Can someone help me out please?
Thanks
Sunny

Message # 655 | 4:10 PM
idoit, please explain again what and where exactly you want to attach (and provide the exact website/subdomain URLs).
idoit

Message # 656 | 5:14 PM
Hi Sunny,
Alright, so here we go: I want to use Google Blogspot as backend for my website's blog which I want to be blog.idoits.net. I have registered the domain name with 1&1. I have forwarded this domain to my uCoz site (idoit.at.ua) in 1&1 DNS manager.

What I did was:

1. go to my Blogspot dashboard (blogger.com), Basic Settings section and try to add a custom domain "blog.moneysinc.com" in the Advanced settings. I clicked on settings instructions and it gives me two CNAMEs to add in DNS management of my host (which I guess it means uCoz not 1&1, right?!)... First CNAME mapping Name to Destination is [blog -> ghs.google.com] and I successfully add it. Second CNAME is where I'm stuck: [YV.......BEQ -> gv-XXXXX.domainverify.googlehosted.com.]. It will not be added at all. It's strange because when I change CNAME to TXT I can add this entry but that's not what Blogspot wants! And based on [url=http://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!category-topic/blogger/something-is-broken/snN0wJzgRmg][/url], I guess the problem is that uCoz has a limitation on CNAME value's length?!!! Note that I didn't add these to 1&1 DNS because uCoz is my host and they just forward the domain to uCoz.

The error Blogspot gives me is: "We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. Error 32."

Also, uCoz changes the capitals to lowercase in YV.......BEQ -> yv.......beq this might cause some issues too!

Thanks in advance
Post edited by idoit - Friday, 2012-10-05, 6:46 PM
Sunny

Message # 657 | 7:30 PM
Okay, as far as I understand you want to attach idoits.net to idoit.at.ua, and then blog.idoits.net to your Blogspot blog? Then you should first go to the Control Panel of idoit.at.ua and use Method 2 to attach idoits.net
After the domain is attached and the website is available by the address idoits.net, you will need to go to the Control Panel -> Domain attachment -> Edit domain records in simplified mode, and create the subdomain blog.idoits.net (see the tutorial here (second part of the post): http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195), choose "arbitrary IP" and enter the IP of your Blogspot server.

idoit

Message # 658 | 1:17 AM
Thanks Sunny. I looked at that page and have followed it carefully, like 2 months ago when I created and attached my domain to uCoz.

I think what you say is if I want to redirect viewers from blog.idoits.net to idoits.blogspot.com!!! This is not what I want, I want exactly the opposite.

How can I get Arbitrary IP address for my blog?!!! I mean I can get it (it's 74.125.225.76 in fact) but it's not really helpful. I can add [blog.idoits.net -> 74.125.225.76] as an A entry in DNS but when going to 74.125.225.76 it gives Error 404 of Google!

If you yourself have a Google Blogger account and can go to Setting of blogger.com, you'll see what I mean by "2" CNAMEs.

Your help is appreciated.
Sunny

Message # 659 | 2:49 PM
You want idoits.blogspot.com to be available by the address blog.idoits.net , right?
idoit

Message # 660 | 4:51 AM
Sunny, yes. You're right...
Sorry for replying late... I thought I'll get notification when someone replies!
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: