Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Favicon: how to change (favicon.ico – a small icon in the address bar)
Favicon: how to change
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:03 AM
What is a favicon? A favicon is a small icon (16x16 px) in a browser address bar (near the url of your website). All uCoz websites have the following default favicon:

How to replace the default icon by a custom one?

http://faq.ucoz.com/faq/29-1#220

If this explanation is not enough then follow the steps below:

• Download or create (by means of special programs) an icon - .ico file 16x16 px.

• Name it favicon.ico.

• Upload this icon to File Manager or via FTP to the root folder of your website (the first folder where you see the original favicon.ico). You don't need to delete the original icon, just upload a new one and the old one will be replaced automatically.

• If you have done everything correctly, then you will be able to view a new icon at _http://your_site.ucoz.com/favicon.ico. Go to your website and refresh the page. If the icon hasn't changed, clear browser's cache or simply wait for some time.

IE may not display the icon. To solve this problem try to paste the following code between < head> and < /head>:

Code
<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">                   
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Post edited by PixelKhaos - Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 11:59 PM
safugim

Message # 76 | 7:13 AM
hy do not know if I posted right place. I have a question. If I post on my site warning xxx movies over 18 years.
I do appear on its front page with sexual content? scuzama not speak good English
Sunny

Message # 77 | 8:09 AM
safugim, sorry it is difficult to understand you, and this not the right thread to ask.
Stoyanoff

Message # 78 | 11:22 AM
Quote (Sunny)
this is a wrong thread to ask, ask here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-6836-1

Locked.

Sorry for wrong post. Not just turned attention to what was written.

Added (2010-08-20, 5:22 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Sunny I put the favicon as described in http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-6836-1. Can I delete the old and rename the new favicon so: animated_favicon1.gif. Now in the site (http://stoyanovi.be) is between <head> and </ head>.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
<link rel="icon" type="image/gif" href="animated_favicon1.gif">

Is it so wrong?

www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

The Bulgarian women are the most beautiful in the world - fact
Gloria, Jechka Slaninkova, Nasko Mentata, Zafeiris Melas, Stamatis Gonidis, DJ Vesselin, DJ Doncho - RulZ
If you not tried the Bulgarian homely Brandy, Absolut Vanilia and Sobieski Cranberry - you not know anything about life.
Sunny

Message # 79 | 11:56 AM
Stoyanoff, the favicon should be named as favicon.ico, no custom names and extensions.
Stoyanoff

Message # 80 | 1:30 PM
How do I rename a favicon.ico? I cant, because old is there and I can delete it. Maybe wrong somewhere?
www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

Gloria, Jechka Slaninkova, Nasko Mentata, Zafeiris Melas, Stamatis Gonidis, DJ Vesselin, DJ Doncho - RulZ
If you not tried the Bulgarian homely Brandy, Absolut Vanilia and Sobieski Cranberry - you not know anything about life.
Sunny

Message # 81 | 2:39 PM
Stoyanoff, you do not need to delete the old icon. Just upload the new icon with the same name and it will replace the old one automatically.
Stoyanoff

Message # 82 | 2:57 PM
When upload my new favicon in first folder where is my the original favicon.ico it automatically is renamed of favicon.ico.gif because its format is such gif
www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

Sunny

Message # 83 | 3:17 PM
Stoyanoff, and its format must be not .gif but .ico.
Stoyanoff

Message # 84 | 3:48 PM
This is because I'm making it. There is no way to be. Ico: (. Can I do with program .Ico?
www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

Dartz

Message # 85 | 5:22 PM
Fact - It must be with .ico extension.

It's not our problem you don't know how to make such image.
We wont teach you. Use Google for such questions not uCoz!

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Stoyanoff

Message # 86 | 5:29 PM
Of course that will use Google, but I guess that is not a problem if you help a little. However, it comes to anything related to uCoz smile Thanks though.
www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

Post edited by Stoyanoff - Friday, 2010-08-20, 5:30 PM
Dartz

Message # 87 | 8:12 PM
Actually, it is a problem that we help. It is not our job to answer questions
which aren't related to uCoz system. "How to create .ico image?" Is NOT!

Back on-topic.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Stoyanoff

Message # 88 | 9:01 AM
Already done. Thanks up
www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

NajmatHajar

Message # 89 | 2:14 AM
I have got Problem, i am uploading with the same name favicon.ico but it is not replacing it. and always default icon come, i dont know why its not changing i name it correct
Sanjay_149

Message # 90 | 4:43 AM
NajmatHajar, Give server some time to replace the favicon. Cleanup your browser cache.
Unlike computers, no human brain has ever said:" Hard drive full."
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Favicon: how to change (favicon.ico – a small icon in the address bar)
Search: