Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Builder
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:14 AM
Here is short video about this new feature - Builder. Builder allows to easily add/edit blocks on your website and change their display order in visual mode.

By means of this feature you can quickly select content for your blocks - scripts, widgets, menus, video, audio, RSS, HTML code.
This feature is installed by default for all new websites. If your website was created before the global update you can enable Builder in Control Panel -> Common settings -> Use "Builder" for the website design customization.

Minor Builder Update

If the Builder option is missing on your Admin Bar, you need to go to the website Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Administrators -> Other, and enable the option "Edit site design".

After the update there will be two separate options in the user group permissions:

• Edit site design: the option is disabled by default for all groups. Enabling of the option allows to access templates via the website, without the necessity to log in to the Control Panel. The templates are available by the address yoursite.ucoz.com/tmpls
  • Use Builder: the option is enabled by default for Administrators. Allows to use Builder and adds the Builder tab to the Admin Bar:

Note: if you disable the option "Use Builder" and enable "Edit site design", and then also disable the option "Use "Builder" for the website design customization" in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings, the Design tab will appear on your Admin Bar and you will be able to access all website templates or separate page templates via the Admin Bar:

Attachments: 3888038.png (27.1 Kb) · 7010682.png (55.3 Kb) · 4383780.png (41.9 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Davor24

Message # 166 | 9:50 AM
Quote (TheManicHurricane)
I can see them when the builder is enabled but when I save it they just are not there.

Im not sure what you mean to me it seems quite normal...

I only want the calendar and search to display, along with the site map.

if you have not yet mastered the CP can i propose using a site builder for removal and adding block....
Attachments: 9009626.jpg (90.9 Kb)
learner_burner

Message # 167 | 9:50 AM
""Add block" option is not working. When i click on it nothing happens... also my previous problem is also unsolved that is on

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-14535-1

my website is

www.mixworld.do.am

i am not happy with your services sad cry
TheManicHurricane

Message # 168 | 10:00 AM
Thanks for the reply, Davor24. Appreciated. smile

I probably didn't make self clear. I have set it to show the calendar, the search box, site menu and nothing else. What you see in your screenshot is not showing that. The site friends is set to be invisible to all groups and modules as is the statistics block. The rest is set to be visible through the builder and saved but it still no joy.

At least it confirms something is going on.

To reiterate: I haven't changed any code or anything! No matter if I delete a site and start again I still don't get most of the blocks to show.

Thanks again for the reply.
redhead

Message # 169 | 11:53 AM
learner_burner, The correct functioning of the Builder can be effected by a lot of third-party scripts that you use on your website. Try to disable third-party scripts one by one to see which one effects Builder and then remove it.

Also the design of your website is messed up. So I suggest you check the box "Update the design for all active modules" and then Save in CP->Settings->Common settings. But make sure to create a project backup beforehand.

Anyway the problem is on your side.
redhead

Message # 170 | 12:06 PM
TheManicHurricane,
I only want the calendar and search to display, along with the site map.
Calendar will appear only if you install Site News or Blog module. You can also remove other blocks by the means of Builder: Click Builder-Enable Builder on your adminbar. Then click on the top right corner of the blocks you don't want to appear.
TheManicHurricane

Message # 171 | 2:03 PM
BIG THANKS redhead. It all makes sense to me now. I know what I have done; I never selected the Site News in the set up. I knew it was something simple!

Thank you to both you and Davor24 for helping to resolve this. smile

Kind regards,

The Manic Hurricane.
cristofor93

Message # 172 | 0:17 AM
hi, when i click ad block at builder nothing hapens..no block appear
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 173 | 11:31 PM
cristofor93, could you please provide a URL so that we may look into the problem for you. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
skipper7386

Message # 174 | 2:11 AM
Hello: when I enable 'builder', I can see on the right panel a whole bunch of gadgets/widgets. However, just a few of them are showing on the pages. Could someone explain to me how to make them visible?
One of the things I am trying to do is to make the Calendar visible. It is showing among other things in the Builder, however, on my pages it is only showing on the Blog page. I tried deleting the Calendar and adding it back with no result. And yes, I hit 'save' every time I make changes.
Please help.
Animorph

Message # 175 | 7:38 AM
skipper7386, Unfortunately as far as i'm aware and as long as i'm using the calender , it can only be used on some modules , not all of them.
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Sunny

Message # 176 | 12:41 PM
skipper7386, to display calendar in all pages you need to use Informers: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-457-1
_Sweeper_

Message # 177 | 10:01 PM
Sunny, I have deleted "Who is online" from a builder, how i can give it back?
Post edited by _Sweeper_ - Wednesday, 2012-02-08, 10:01 PM
Sunny

Message # 178 | 12:14 PM
_Sweeper_, enable Builder, click for the block you need or add a new block, go to "HTML" tab and add the following code:

Code
<?if($ONLINE_COUNTER$)?><hr />$ONLINE_COUNTER$$ONLINE_USERS_LIST$<?endif?>

thevenom

Message # 179 | 6:25 PM
Hi! So, since yesterday whenever I Enable the Builder and try to edit things and then click Save Changes, the Loading bar shows up and just stays like that. No matter how much I wait it doesn't save it at all. I can Disable the Builder again and Enable it but the changes are just not saved.
Sunny

Message # 180 | 11:44 AM
thevenom, do you have the same problem in other browsers?
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Search: