uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
rogi

Message # 481 | 10:54 PM
I created with WWW. but again i cant access with WWW.

Without WWW. forks fine. What is the problem? wacko

Attachments: 6367742.jpg (71.9 Kb)
yoo

Message # 482 | 9:12 AM
hello smile

I have a problem with domain parking. here is the error text

The domain about-georgia.com has been parked but not yet attached to the account

Temporary technical problem occurred when checking the domain status. Please try to refresh the page in 15 minutes. If the problem remains contact Technical Support

last night I have changed my name servers to ns1.ucoz.net and second and in 2 minutes started parking the domain and left it in this condition. This morning I got above error message. what might be the problem and what should I do?

Natashko

Message # 483 | 9:39 AM
yoo, refresh the page. If you still see the same error text, please provide the name of a uCoz website you try to park this domain to.
yoo

Message # 484 | 9:48 AM
Refreshing and Re-entering doesn't help. uCoz website I try to park the domain to is aboutgeorgia.ucoz.com...
Natashko

Message # 485 | 10:25 AM
rogi, the IP address for WWW.SUBDOMAIN.DOMAN.rs should be the same as for SUBDOMAIN.DOMAN.rs Set it up like this and wait for some time.
Natashko

Message # 486 | 10:36 AM
yoo, we have checked everything. All you need is to finish the parking. When in CP->Domain attachment enter the correct domain name and press "Park domain". If everything is ok you'll see the following in 5 minutes: "The domain has been parked but not yet attached to the account". press "Attach domain" button.
yoo

Message # 487 | 11:21 AM
ok.. thanks.. I have checked and the error has disappered.. In 15 minutes my about-georgia.com will be ready smile
Jet_Studio_Programs

Message # 488 | 2:22 PM
You can attach to your site (account) any domain name (e.g. mysite.com etc.).
Method 2. Transfer existing domain to uCoz DNS servers
Keywords: change NS-records, park domain, domain hosting, change name servers, change DNS servers

[ Continue... ]

* You will be able to create subdomains and setup e-mail processing (under your domain) through our interface.
* First of all, park the domain and wait for further instructions.

Park domain

Cancel

Method 3. Attach existing domain name without transferring the domain to uCoz servers
Keywords: attachment of subdomain, attachment by specifying IP-address, creation of A-records

[ Continue... ]

* Specify the IP-address "213.174.157.136" (A-record) for the domain name in the domain control panel.
* Wait till your changes take effect (usually up to 6 hours).
* In 6 hours finish the procedure of attachment:

Attach domain

Cancel

Added (2011-04-01, 8:22 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Main » Domain attachment
You can attach to your site (account) any domain name (e.g. mysite.com etc.).
Method 2. Transfer existing domain to uCoz DNS servers
Keywords: change NS-records, park domain, domain hosting, change name servers, change DNS servers

[ Continue... ]

* You will be able to create subdomains and setup e-mail processing (under your domain) through our interface.
* First of all, park the domain and wait for further instructions.

Park domain

Cancel

Method 3. Attach existing domain name without transferring the domain to uCoz servers
Keywords: attachment of subdomain, attachment by specifying IP-address, creation of A-records

[ Continue... ]

* Specify the IP-address "213.174.157.136" (A-record) for the domain name in the domain control panel.
* Wait till your changes take effect (usually up to 6 hours).
* In 6 hours finish the procedure of attachment:

Attach domain

Cancel

Natashko

Message # 489 | 3:04 PM
Jet_Studio_Programs, Will you kindly rephrase your question for us to be able to help you and answer it. Please, specify what exactly are you interested in.
Stoyanoff

Message # 490 | 4:15 PM
Hey Hello =) Sorry if I'm off topic
Approaching time to renew the domain. I got it from one location and then moved to uCoz. What is the procedure now?
(domain is: Stoyanovi.be)
Thanks

www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

The Bulgarian women are the most beautiful in the world - fact
Gloria, Jechka Slaninkova, Nasko Mentata, Zafeiris Melas, Stamatis Gonidis, DJ Vesselin, DJ Doncho - RulZ
If you not tried the Bulgarian homely Brandy, Absolut Vanilia and Sobieski Cranberry - you not know anything about life.
Natashko

Message # 491 | 9:58 AM
Stoyanoff,
Quote (Stoyanoff)
Approaching time to renew the domain. I got it from one location and then moved to uCoz. What is the procedure now?

You need to contact your domain name registrar with the question of domain renewal.
Stoyanoff

Message # 492 | 10:50 AM
Thanks Natashko.
www.Tarikat.biz
www.Channel-Greece.tk

The Bulgarian women are the most beautiful in the world - fact
Gloria, Jechka Slaninkova, Nasko Mentata, Zafeiris Melas, Stamatis Gonidis, DJ Vesselin, DJ Doncho - RulZ
If you not tried the Bulgarian homely Brandy, Absolut Vanilia and Sobieski Cranberry - you not know anything about life.
DaveedBrown

Message # 493 | 6:12 PM
Hi! Sorry, if it has been mentioned yet, but when I tried to set up my co.cc domain, it said:
IP Address 195.216.243.104 (ns1.ucoz.net) is listed in the Spamhaus Block List.

Even if I try "Zone Records " it says the same. What can I do now?

Yeah, this is a signature...

Greetings from
Hungarian
uCoz
Forum! :)
DEEPKG

Message # 494 | 7:33 AM
DaveedBrown, ya same error here
help admin cry

I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
Natashko

Message # 495 | 2:49 PM
DaveedBrown, DEEPKG,
I suggest you contact the domain name registrar and explain that ns1.ucoz.net is ns-server of a free web-hosting.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: