uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Unable To Access Sites (Provider: Comcast)
Unable To Access Sites
Pantha35

Message # 61 | 3:46 PM
I came here to see if I could find answers about my website not coming up for me. And I have found them. I am a new ucoz user, and my website gvginu.ucoz.com is not working. It's on server 26 and I also have Comcast for my internet. Tracert result attached.
Attachments: 6718007.png (76.5 Kb)
Xayaan

Message # 62 | 3:55 PM
I've sent a new request and hope to have this issue resolved within several days.

Pantha35, Yes it appears that comcast service provider is blocking the websites on the server 57 and we are currently working on resolving the problem. Sunny has sent a request for removal of the block. Please wait for a few days. Thank you wink

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Post edited by Xayaan - Monday, 2013-04-15, 4:37 PM
Pantha35

Message # 63 | 7:08 PM
I'll be patient, it just sucks that I literally started my site yesterday. But the second it is back up, I'm diving in head first to get it set up.
Xayaan

Message # 64 | 7:11 AM
you can also use alternate means to access the website such as VPN or Proxy Servers.

Comcast customers are currently unable to access sites on Server 26. An official request has been sent to the provider and the issue is to be resolved at the earliest possible date. In the meantime users can access sites through the use of proxy services/VPN. [07/04]

There are free proxy servers such as http://www.hidemyass.com/ and http://www.proxy-service.de/ . You can access your website using these services. wink

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 65 | 7:12 AM
Pantha35, Xayaan is correct, we are actively awaiting a response from Comcast regarding this matter. And hopefully subsequent action will also follow relative to the unblocking of server 26.

In the meantime however you can still access your website using a proxy/VPN service. The ToR browser is best advised for these purposes - it is slow, but it works. We can only hope for a speedy resolution period and encourage Comcast to reply. It is also advised for Comcast customers to contact the providers technical support division if possible regarding these problems. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Pantha35

Message # 66 | 11:27 AM
I'm glad to hear that, so I'll be able to do some work on it anyway. I actually will be calling Comcast later today about this, decided that last night. Thank you.

Now that I think about it, I don't know how I missed that post, but then again, I was speeding through everything.
Post edited by Pantha35 - Tuesday, 2013-04-16, 11:43 AM
Sunny

Message # 67 | 11:37 AM
Pantha35, thank you, please inform us about their reply. I'll also keep you informed about any news from Comcast.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Pantha35

Message # 68 | 7:44 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Pantha35, thank you, please inform us about their reply. I'll also keep you informed about any news from Comcast.

I will as soon as I get an answer from them.

Added (2013-04-16, 1:44 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Okay, I can reach my website again. Hoping that it worked out for everyone else too.

Xayaan

Message # 69 | 5:38 AM
I Guess the comcast provider removed the block on server 26.Pantha35.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 70 | 8:44 AM
Comcast customers will be relieved to hear the recent block on Server 26 has now been removed by the provider. All users should again be able to access Server 26 in standard mode. If you have any further inquiries please post them here.

jehad

Message # 71 | 1:07 PM
Server 57 is still blocked by Comcast.
Any chance you could move my site to a different server?
مظلات سواتر ومظلات
It looks like last time you guys complained on DSLreports ... سواتر مظلات السيارات

Maybe you should do it again ...

Thanks
Post edited by jehad - Thursday, 2013-04-18, 4:09 PM
Sunny

Message # 72 | 1:15 PM
jehad, your websites are hosted on servers 108 and 50. Please provide tracing results for both of them.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Pantha35

Message # 73 | 9:06 PM
Looks like Comcast is back to blocking s26, on the phone now trying to get back on my site normally.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 74 | 1:55 AM
Pantha35, you are correct. We have contacted Comcast regarding the block requesting - again - for it to be removed. I'm also going to contact the system administrator responsible for the server and see what we can do to reduce these occurrences.

Hopefully this resolution might be quicker than the last but it's all up in the air and up to Comcast.

STaTiCShoX

Message # 75 | 5:32 PM
Hello,

I would like to second that as well. Comcast is once again blocking s26 and this is very frustrating for a lot of users that use my website. It was just fixed..

I hope all is done in a timely manner.

Thank you Paradox please keep us updated.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Unable To Access Sites (Provider: Comcast)
Search: