uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Informers
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:09 AM
# Informer Samples #

Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.

To create an Informer:

1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.

2. Press Create informer.

3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).

4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.

5. Press Create.

6. Insert the obtained code of the type

Code
$MYINF_id$
where you need.

7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.

With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.

There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.

Question-answer

Where should I put the code of informer?
Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).

How can I find out ID of an entry?
View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.

Is it possible to output entries in random order?
Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".

Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names?
Do not output a name at all.

How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer?
Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.

Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page?
No.

Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages?
No.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 451 | 9:09 PM
Quote osmanys ()
I want a feed for the most popular entries

For some certain module or for the website in general?

osmanys

Message # 452 | 12:23 PM
Sunny, for certain module, e.g. most commented blog entries, or more viewed blog entries.
Sunny

Message # 453 | 5:04 PM
osmanys, then create an informer in Control Panel > Tools > Informers. Set "Data type" as "Entries", and "Sorting mode" as "Entry comments D".
osmanys

Message # 454 | 6:01 PM
Sunny, yes, I did that, but now I want a feed of this informer to share with my users outside of the website.
Sunny

Message # 455 | 6:25 AM
osmanys, I'm not sure where exactly you want to share it, but you could try to use the informer script that you can get after clicking on the informer title:

phuket

Message # 456 | 7:29 AM
Why Informers not display current date as "Today"? sad
bighyena

Message # 457 | 12:19 PM
phuket, this is how the feature works. Perhaps, you can show 'Today' with custom scripting.
Believe in the magic of friendship - October 6, 2017
osmanys

Message # 458 | 7:46 PM
Sunny,

Quote Sunny ()
'm not sure where exactly you want to share it

by email
phuket

Message # 459 | 6:02 AM
bighyena, can you show me how to do that smile
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 460 | 8:18 AM
phuket, the uCoz technical support doesn't offer coding-related support, however there might be other users who could help you with a custom script.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 461 | 2:16 PM
osmanys, I'm afraid with the standard system tools it is not possible.
osmanys

Message # 462 | 6:12 PM
Sunny, thanks anyway
DjWiicked

Message # 463 | 7:29 PM
so how can I get my informer to post these updates in my tag board?
I AM THE FOUNDER OF 242MEDIABAHAMAS.COM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 464 | 10:43 AM
DjWiicked, why do you want to post the updates to the tag board? Using informers gives you more freedom to customize the appearance of the informer entries. Besides this, you can use them almost wherever you want!
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Mawerick

Message # 465 | 4:50 PM
Hello dear Sunny, I'v done this long time ago(quote) and now my folder is full how can i continue uploading pictures for categories without changing informer?
Best regards!

Quote Sunny ()
Mawerick, that's an informer for categories, its template does not support any image $codes$. And categories don't have such option as category image anyway.

You could do something like this: use image links like http://filmonex.ucoz.com/categories/$CID$.jpg in the informer template, where categories is a folder in the File Manager with all category images, and $CID$ is a category ID. You will need to name all category images after their IDs, e.g. an image for the category with ID 3 will be 3.jpg.

Student and Developer!
Post edited by Mawerick - Monday, 2016-06-20, 9:28 PM
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Informers (help on informers, interesting solutions)
Search: