uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Sites, inaccessible from the UK (If you are from the UK and can't get on your site!)
Sites, inaccessible from the UK
Armaros

Message # 166 | 2:13 PM
Quote (Nixot)
To be honest, I'd rather pay for MySQL and put in the forums and blogs manually somwhere else than have a free web host with CMS who experiences perpetual downtime.
Than do that & stop moaning.

Quote (RawrPh34rMe)
A thread of mods telling people to wait, wannabe-mods telling people to wait, and people not waiting.
Ok, smart one. Tell me what else, we mods, can do to help? Tell me, if you're so smart to show such an attitude against us.
I do not want this problem for UK, the country where I come from as well. I'm ready to help but tell me how?
niceguy123

Message # 167 | 3:45 PM
keep us remotely updated with anything (and i mean ANYTHING) that is considered as progress?

coz atm, we are still in the same position since post 1 as far as i can tell..

__

Pilot

Message # 168 | 3:47 PM
Quote (niceguy123)
coz atm, we are still in the same position since post 1 as far as i can tell..

Well, apparently not, since for some users the websites are starting to work.

peek

Message # 169 | 5:23 PM
i have a problem

1 i can connect to the site from school so it not your problem but when i go and do with my pc it will not work

peek a boo

O did i scare you :)

remo

Message # 170 | 5:48 PM
Quote (Rake)
Well, apparently not, since for some users the websites are starting to work.

My site worked for a single day. Now things are back to "normal"

Quote (Armaros)
Tell me what else, we mods, can do to help?

Do you actually have anything to do with ucoz apart from being a forum mod? You can probably do nothing to help apart from be a middle man between the server guys and us - if you even have any contact with them, which I doubt you do.

I can’t believe that no information has been passed back to us, your customers (some of which PAY FOR THIS SERVICE) as to why we can’t view our websites.

Quote (Armaros)
Quote (Nixot)
To be honest, I'd rather pay for MySQL and put in the forums and blogs manually somwhere else than have a free web host with CMS who experiences perpetual downtime.

And what sort of response is that? I work in a business where customer service is everything. If that was said to one of our clients then you would be sacked on the spot. You are not a good moderator. Simple As.

Rant over, now DO SOMETHING.

jonsaint

Message # 171 | 6:34 PM
Rake, hi rake, i contacted me service provider yesterday and they got back to me this morning telling me that nothing is blocked on their end of things.

i DO have another website with ucoz (a paid one) and that works fine cus ive just tried it, yet the one i set up yesterday and i cant view it.
is it some ip blocking on your server ro something simlar??
originally, i started this whole thread when i had the original problem last year (with the site that works) and you guys got it back no problems.

just cant understand why one of my sites works on ucoz and the other dont (razorradio.ucoz.ru) and my otherone does (247musicradio.at.ua) (my paid site).

thanks again.
john.

peek

Message # 172 | 9:19 PM
so what is the problem i think it's not ucoz i think it your ie and also firefox it not working with the site as well

what do you use to protect your computer like mcAfee would that mite stop it ?

peek a boo

Post edited by peek - Thursday, 2009-01-15, 9:20 PM
jonsaint

Message # 173 | 9:21 PM
so if its my ie, how come i can view my other site with no problems which is also on ucoz (247musicradio.at.ua) which works perfectly in every way.

the one that dont work is razorradio.ucoz.ru which was set up only 2 days ago. 2 websites.......same company.....one works.....one dont

peek

Message # 174 | 9:30 PM
jonsaint,
becuase your firewall may be blocking the site
and may let it past

yes i know it confusing

if you want to know how to unblock it ill tell you know

ye im still find that information please hang on

peek a boo

Sunny

Message # 175 | 10:42 AM
1. I understand your anger about this problem. I do believe it's really annoying. But you may be sure that uCoz won't leave it as it is. Do you really think that we want to lose our customers? If this matter haven't been solved yet then it only means that this problem is really serious, and can't be solved by our staff directly but requires cooperation from the UK companies.

2. If you want to help solve this problem then just follow our directions which are: traceroute of 80 port and contacting your providers.

Thanks to those who did contacted providers.

But now many of you provided here necessary traceroute results? Some users asked to explain how. Everything is already explained and there is the link in the first post of this thread: use VisualRoute 2008! After you have installed this program you can see the following line at the top

3. About moderators: moderators are not members of uCoz staff and they can't solve technical problems. They are here to help you with system management, to keep boards in order and to make you follow forum rules.

Attachments: 9688570.png (8.7 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Nixot

Message # 176 | 5:24 PM
Quote (Armaros)

Is that all?! I took my time to provide a lengthy response, and all I get is a flamey answer for one of my points? Pathetic! I would always take apart any argument I might get, and be sure to response to every part of it. And how do you moderate the boards?

Quote (remo)
And what sort of response is that?

And people support me rather than you. Oh dear, we're all going to get banned!
To be honest, that's no dent in our plan, more specifically the free hosting plan that I'm using somewhere else, where the people actually care!

Quote (110mb hosting)
You and I both know there's nothing more peeving then writing to a company and getting some total nonsense corporate response like "We can't do X during this time because Y. We, we, we, we...". What the hell! :-)

That is all. biggrin

Armaros

Message # 177 | 7:01 PM
Nixot, I do suggest you not to disrespect & not continue the argument. If so, it breaks forum rule & wont end good.
DannyGee

Message # 178 | 5:47 PM
Omg Why Doesn't This Work sad
Am From UK.
I Use AOL At First That Works But Crashes After A While Hahaha.
But I Just Can't Seem To Edit My Page Now.
Armaros

Message # 179 | 5:48 PM
Quote (DannyGee)
Am From UK.
Really? Your profile says different.
DannyGee

Message # 180 | 6:11 PM
How Does My Profile Say Different?
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Sites, inaccessible from the UK (If you are from the UK and can't get on your site!)
Search: