uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Secret question and secret answer
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:28 PM
Secret question is an important part of website security. Password changing, changing of security levels, deinstallation of modules - all this is possible only if you know the answer to the secret question. That's why don't rely on your memory and save answers on paper or in files protected by passwords.

The answer to the secret question can be changed in Webtop ( at guid.uid.me) -> U -> Setting -> Profile settings -> Security, but only if you know the current answer.

If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

Or use the following form if you do not have access to your Control Panel: http://www.ucoz.com/contact/

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Animorph

Message # 106 | 5:31 PM
Quote (ash-r)
i lost the secret answer, and i did contact the tech support, but they need my personal info, i can't give my personal info to anyone in any case, but i'm willing to provide my password to my account, isn't that enough to prove that i am the owner of my account.

if you do not guve the tech support the information that thy need to check your website and link it to the info you gave then thy can't help you , but you need to discuss it with them we cannot decide in their place

To busy building a passive income online ;)
ash-r

Message # 107 | 3:31 AM
i gave them all the info needed, except the personal info documents, i gave them my D.O.B, Name, Both my site address names, even the variations of my secret answer, what more. also the tech support takes so long to respond to me. it's been weeks.
A.R.
Natashko

Message # 108 | 9:23 AM
ash-r,
Quote (ash-r)
i gave them all the info needed, except the personal info documents, i gave them my D.O.B, Name, Both my site address names, even the variations of my secret answer, what more. also the tech support takes so long to respond to me. it's been weeks.

let's not discuss actions of Technical support service here. This is not the proper place to do it. We can not effect their decision in any way. And if they do not answer, it is probably because you haven't provided all the requested information. So, please continue your discussion with Technical support service and not here.
jknice

Message # 109 | 11:38 AM
i forgot my security ans than how i get that ans ??
i cant change my security question ans ??
Animorph

Message # 110 | 11:43 AM
If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

Or use the following form if you do not have access to your Control Panel: http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=contact

so it means that you need to contact TEch Support to proof that the website is yours and after that thy will give the necessary information to get your secret question

jknice

Message # 111 | 8:06 PM
which prove ??
Animorph

Message # 112 | 11:40 PM
jknice, thy will give you the information that you need to provide after you contacted them about your problem
jknice

Message # 113 | 12:13 PM
i contact them with info but they send me an email ??
Animorph

Message # 114 | 12:51 PM
jknice, thy will contact you back through your control panel you will have an notification there smile

CP ---> Help ---> Tech Support ----> Archive of correspondence with the Support

your answered messages will appear there

whitexombie

Message # 115 | 12:41 PM
What should I provide them with?
Like what proof should I give them?
Please be pacific.
Natashko

Message # 116 | 12:57 PM
whitexombie, contact Technical Support. They will provide you with all the necessary requirements.
Matt6159

Message # 117 | 3:51 PM
I lost my secret question, and Natashko suggested that I should post my site so she can check.

Thanks!

http://united99s.ucoz.com/
Natashko

Message # 118 | 4:09 PM
Matt6159, I have checked with Technical support service. They claim that all of your messages were answered. We suggest you do not hide the correspondence between you and technical support in CP. In this way we will be able to provide more specific answer.
Matt6159

Message # 119 | 6:27 PM
Thank you very much Natashko.

I got an answer, but it's the same one as pevious: "Besides, you need to provide a scanned image of your passport or any other identification document. A quality photo of the document is also accepted. If possible, upload the image file to your website via FTP or File Manager and give the link to it in your reply message or send the image as an attachment."

I completely understand where the technical support service is coming from. They need to identify me, however I don't have a scanner to get any documents, and nor do I have a passport.

I hope I can get this resolved soon,
Matt.
Natashko

Message # 120 | 10:40 AM
Matt6159,
Quote (Matt6159)
I completely understand where the technical support service is coming from. They need to identify me, however I don't have a scanner to get any documents, and nor do I have a passport.

You need to provide a scanned image of your passport or any other identification document. It can be a driver's license. If you are underage - it should be your birth certificate and a scanned image of one of your passport.
Anyway, such issues should not be discussed here. There is nothing we can help you with. Continue communicating with technical support service. Only they can help you.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Search: