uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Secret question and secret answer
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:28 PM
Secret question is an important part of website security. Password changing, changing of security levels, deinstallation of modules - all this is possible only if you know the answer to the secret question. That's why don't rely on your memory and save answers on paper or in files protected by passwords.

The answer to the secret question can be changed in Webtop ( at guid.uid.me) -> U -> Setting -> Profile settings -> Security, but only if you know the current answer.

If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

Or use the following form if you do not have access to your Control Panel: http://www.ucoz.com/contact/

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Animorph

Message # 91 | 10:34 AM
yes i mis-understanded you , i wish that i could help you myself but do not have any kind f permission like that, so i am afraid that you really need to work this out with the tech support and not with us in the forum , your problem can not be solved by anyone on this forum , nobody that i have seen in the past in this forum had a problem with getting their website back , only you , this is not to offend you at all but you have nothing to risk , this is the uCoz Tech Support thy are not allowed to ess with users their personal information , so if you don't trust them then we can't help you with your problem , i hope that you atleast understand that , the forum is not connected with the Tech Support
To busy building a passive income online ;)
fatgher48

Message # 92 | 1:31 AM
All is good now, i worked it out my own way through ucuz report abuse/litigations smile

Thank you for your help once again

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
ash-r

Message # 93 | 7:29 PM
hi plz help me with my security secret answer, plz i did send all the details i possibly could. plz do not ask me for passport or driver's license identification as i will not provide them, i will provide anything else, like my email address that i registered from.
A.R.
Sunny

Message # 94 | 8:20 PM
ash-r, if you contacted Tech. Support, wait for their reply, only they can help you. But you will have to provide all the info they ask for.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
ash-r

Message # 95 | 9:33 PM
no that was about a month ago. and they already did reply and asked for the private info, i gave them everything except my info.
A.R.
Animorph

Message # 96 | 0:14 AM
Quote (ash-r)
no that was about a month ago. and they already did reply and asked for the private info, i gave them everything except my info.

well there is the problem , if you don't gave them the information that thy need then thy cannot help you it is that simple

Natashko

Message # 97 | 10:23 AM
ash-r, web-services administration needs to identify your personality and to make sure that you are the person who registered the account. Only under such conditions you might get help.
ash-r

Message # 98 | 4:32 PM
i have provided my both of the website addresses, i provided my email that iregistered my account with. also i could even provide my account password to you for you to confirm, if that would help, my website doesn't contain any important data and it's free so i can provide the password for identification, profile password or webtop password.

Added (2011-03-12, 10:32 Am)
---------------------------------------------
also since my password will be provided by me only for identification purposes, i don't think my website will be in any danger. because when i get the secret answer, i'll change the password that instant. plz i really need the secret answer, i can't do almost anything on my website without the answer. i know and admit my mistake of losing the answer in the first place. the thing is i had saved the password and answer in a notepad document on my laptop, but i had to format it because of some kind of virus and lost all of the data, b4 i could transfer any of it to a usb.

A.R.
Post edited by ash-r - Saturday, 2011-03-12, 4:39 PM
Animorph

Message # 99 | 7:07 PM
ash-r, if you lost your secret password then you need to contact tech sipport
http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=contact

Sahil0517

Message # 100 | 12:00 PM
Hi, when i open my site it says

"Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
For assistance, contact your network support team. "

whereas other Website is opening. Can You Say why it is not opening. and Just Check whether You can open or Not
( sahilcricket.do.am )

Natashko

Message # 101 | 12:26 PM
Sahil0517, first of all, this is not related to this board. Please, post your messages in the correct thread, otherwise they will be ignored.
Second of all, we have been experiencing problems with the server 37 today. (That is where your website is)I apologize for the inconveniences on behalf of uCoz web-services. We are dealing with the problem at the moment.
ash-r

Message # 102 | 6:53 PM
no
Quote (Animorph)
ash-r, if you lost your secret password then you need to contact tech sipport
http://www.ucoz.com/main/?a=contact

no i did not lose my secret password, i'm saying i could provide the password to the web services administration, so that they can verify my identity and give me my secret answer. my password can be the id proof that they need to verify my identity.

A.R.
Animorph

Message # 103 | 7:15 PM
Quote (ash-r)
no i did not lose my secret password

ok.

Quote (ash-r)
i'm saying i could provide the password to the web services administration, so that they can verify my identity and give me my secret answer. my password can be the id proof that they need to verify my identity.

If you didn't lose your secret question , then why do you need it , if you losed it contact tech support
http://u.to/yQwP

Natashko

Message # 104 | 9:14 AM
ash-r,
Quote (ash-r)
no i did not lose my secret password, i'm saying i could provide the password to the web services administration, so that they can verify my identity and give me my secret answer. my password can be the id proof that they need to verify my identity

We can try to help you solve this problem, but only in case it will not contradict the general principles and level of the accepted system security. For this purpose we need to identify your personality and to make sure that you are the person who registered the account. To identify your personality we need you to provide ALL the requested by Technical support service information, and not just a password.
ash-r

Message # 105 | 4:28 PM
Quote (Animorph)
Quote (ash-r)
i'm saying i could provide the password to the web services administration, so that they can verify my identity and give me my secret answer. my password can be the id proof that they need to verify my identity.
If you didn't lose your secret question , then why do you need it , if you losed it contact tech support
http://u.to/yQwP

i lost the secret answer, and i did contact the tech support, but they need my personal info, i can't give my personal info to anyone in any case, but i'm willing to provide my password to my account, isn't that enough to prove that i am the owner of my account.

Added (2011-03-16, 10:28 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Natashko)
ash-r,
Quote (ash-r)
no i did not lose my secret password, i'm saying i could provide the password to the web services administration, so that they can verify my identity and give me my secret answer. my password can be the id proof that they need to verify my identity

We can try to help you solve this problem, but only in case it will not contradict the general principles and level of the accepted system security. For this purpose we need to identify your personality and to make sure that you are the person who registered the account. To identify your personality we need you to provide ALL the requested by Technical support service information, and not just a password.

ok i don't understand how can you verify me personally, by asking for my passport or driving license. when i registered my account i didn't need any documents, so why now, and what are you going to compare the proofs to, i ddin't provide any documents previously, so if i provide them now, what's the use, what are you going to do with my scanned copy of those documents, how do i know that the person that i provide these documents to will not use them for something illegal. in short i'll provide you with anything, except my personal info documents.

A.R.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Search: