uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Secret question and secret answer
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:28 PM
Secret question is an important part of website security. Password changing, changing of security levels, deinstallation of modules - all this is possible only if you know the answer to the secret question. That's why don't rely on your memory and save answers on paper or in files protected by passwords.

The answer to the secret question can be changed in Webtop ( at guid.uid.me) -> U -> Setting -> Profile settings -> Security, but only if you know the current answer.

If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

Or use the following form if you do not have access to your Control Panel: http://www.ucoz.com/contact/

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Animorph

Message # 76 | 4:38 PM
kalmakhelidze, you marked Paid Support

CP ---> help ---> Technical support ---> and in the right corner at the top click "Free Support"

Attachments: 8644451.jpg (72.8 Kb)

To busy building a passive income online ;)
kalmakhelidze

Message # 77 | 4:55 PM
i thank you! But I did not. That you give my site settings help me? Site address and password send
Animorph

Message # 78 | 5:15 PM
Quote (kalmakhelidze)
i thank you! But I did not. That you give my site settings help me? Site address and password send

please be more specific or use google translate to clear you out because i don't know what you want

Natashko

Message # 79 | 9:28 PM
kalmakhelidze, community forum is not a place to solve such problems. Only Technical support service has enough power to help you with it.
fatgher48

Message # 80 | 12:50 PM
I was told because i do not remember my secret question to create a new one i have to contact tech support and prove the site is mine.
Why would i have to do this when i already went through the steps and provided both my log in pass, and the administration pass to get into the control panel, and ucuz web top.

So now how am i supposed to convince and prove the forum/site is mine.
All i can do is give them the email the site was created with, and why cant something just be sent to my email to avoid all of this nonsense.

I dont even want the stupid security question, i have a very strong pass for my site and thats good enough.
so now i have to sit around and wait for tech support and god knows how long that will take.

This is ridiculous..

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Post edited by fatgher48 - Friday, 2011-03-04, 12:51 PM
Natashko

Message # 81 | 12:55 PM
fatgher48, uCoz web-services has a well-organized security system. Secret question is one of the ways to protect websites. To set a new one, you need to know the old one. If you don't memorize it, though your were warned at registration that personal data should be remembered by you, Technical support service will help you. All you need is contact them. They will need some information from you to make sure you are the website owner.
fatgher48

Message # 82 | 8:18 PM
yeah heres what they sent me.

Code
The administration bears no responsibility for losing of registration details by a user. We can try to help you solve this problem, but only in case it will not contradict the general principles and level of the accepted system security. For this purpose we need to identify your personality and to make sure that you are the person who registered the account. You need to do the following:

1. Give us possible variants of the secret answer that you can remember. Maybe you just make mistakes or misprints when entering it, and we will be able to tell you where the mistake is.
2. Try to remember the exact date when you registered your account, including the time of the day.
3. Specify the network provider you used when you registered your account.
4. If you know the IP address from which you registered the account, provide it as well.
5. Try to provide any other incontrovertible proofs that you are the owner of the account.
6. Be sure to provide the address of your website.

Besides, you need to provide a scanned image of your passport or any other identification document. A quality photo of the document is also accepted. If possible, upload the image file to your website via FTP or File Manager and give the link to it in your reply message or send the image as an attachment.

so i cant give them what my security question was because thats the whole problem and i do not know what i have put.
I did provide my link,a screen shot of the admin panel with the messages from them and me,
my ip address, my email address the site was created with and the time and day around i registers and created the site.

so if they think i am going to send them a picture of my ID they are are out of there minds,
What should i call them up and invite them to dinner to..LOL i mean come on man, they can clearly see that my email and ip match to the site i created, there is no reason for this..

So now if i cant get a new security question, then the whole site will no longer any use to me,.
So how do i delete the site,. i am not even going to start paying for something for a site i can not even use options that will require my security pass. and do not understand why a reset link or something in that nature cant be sent to my email address the site was created with.. i mean even facebook myspace and other hosting sites are not this difficult to deal with to get a new pass etc..

i am just frustrated,it's nothing against you or anything and i do gratefully appreciate all of your help.
Thank you smile

Added (2011-03-04, 2:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Dartz)
My personal opinion: Not smart. If you upload screen-shot somewhere and
delete it, it is still in the server. That's how internet works and fraud goes.

well isn't that just lovely, i took a screen shot and sent it to them,
But this is ridiculous how they have this set up to retrive if you forget.

I mean all it should take is your ip and the email you created the site/account with. and i dont know what ip address they want now either.. my ip or what ever the site sever id is?

They say to add to a file and attachments, but have no option to add a attachments.. so what are we supposed to do.And i find them asking me for a copy of my ID rather offensive and unprofessional, this is not a bank we are dealing with it's a free web hosting service.
next thing you know the will be asking for my Marriage License and Social Security number.

her's my cell.. 000-0000-0000 call me we'll do lunch... hahahah lol

i just want this resolved,
i would hate to have to delete my site,account then make a new one just to have to start from scratch again,
I guess ill save my templates now in-case that s what it comes down to.. i have added a lot of custom stuff for sure.

And this all started last week when i was sent a email that my site would be deleted due to inactivity, see no i am rushing the place is open and this happens go figure, and the crazy thing is when i created the account and site.. i do not remember any security question coming up at all.. so thats why i am thrown for a loop.. so dunno guess i will just have to try to be patient and see if they reply again.. or how much it's going to cost right... lol

Computer Science, Adobe,Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Illustrator & Photoshop CS5 Extended, Magix Pro X3 Video Editing, Web/Social Networking & Development. Manager of Forumotion English Support.
Post edited by fatgher48 - Friday, 2011-03-04, 8:45 PM
Kness

Message # 83 | 9:47 PM
fatgher48, The Tech Support is a complex system give it time, am sure you'll get your site back. Plus, It's kinda of your fault when registering in uCoz they highly suggest you keep track of you answers. Stating the Facts... Man. happy
My Projects:
fatgher48

Message # 84 | 6:45 PM
Quote (Kness)
The Tech Support is a complex system give it time, am sure you'll get your site back. Plus, It's kinda of your fault when registering in uCoz they highly suggest you keep track of you answers. Stating the Facts... Man

yeah i know it's my fault for forgetting the thing, i dont think i was paying attention when initially created the board, at first i only created it for testing purposes and never realy intended using it for anything beyond that, but then i ended up using it after creating the thing for about 6 months, then i got a email saying it would be deleted due to inactivity so now it's open and active.. and the site is still there and everything works fine, i dont even realy need the security question for anything as of now accept deactivated a couple modules i no longer wish to have.

Anyway i checked my message and they have it labeled as (under consideration), so we'll see what happens.. if there is more i can send them i will, but i realy do not feel comfortable giving them my ID ,thats just un heard of,

and you know what that realy dose not prove anything, how do they know what ID someone may use. at least with my ip email address and newt work service provider they can see it's my site.. but Picture ID.. it could be Joe Shcmoe and would not know or make any real difference . i'll give em my Cell Phone Number if they want? i had to do that for facebook for web development tools.

So thanx guys for helping and i am sorry if i sounded a lil sarcastic bitter or rude,i was just upset at the time, you know things can be frustrating sometimes. i am confident they will work with me to work out the situation.

cool

Animorph

Message # 85 | 10:41 AM
fatgher48, Okay , its great that you think this way then , I hope that this get solved soon , if you still have problems notify me
fatgher48

Message # 86 | 7:03 PM
well i have waited all weekend and they had the message marked as consideration.
But now they are asking for a picture ID, So forget that, i would never send a picture ID of to some tech support people i do not know.
I find this to be very unprofessional and offense they would even ask.

So the question is how do i delete the whole board, i mean i am not going to pay for any premium services now, why would i if i do not even have full control over my site and security question.

So what ever, i will just kill the board and move on to a better.
I am honestly outraged and offended they would even ask for such a thing

Animorph

Message # 87 | 7:22 PM
fatgher48, if you do not provide your ID thy cannot see or compare it with your site , the tech support is very proffesional that is why thy ask that , thy will not provide the passwords without knowing that you are the owner of the site , if you are the owner you have nothing to fear when you provide your ID so you don't need to be offended at all

you cannot delete your website without entering your website , just don't visit your website for 40 day's and i will be flagged as inactive after that you will get an e-mail , if you ignore it your website will be deleted after 15 more days

fatgher48

Message # 88 | 7:39 PM
idk man?
You know i actually work for phpbb forum hosting and know for a fact you do not need someones ID to prove a site is yours,
And that dose not prove anything how do they know it's not someone using someone else ID.
All they would need is the email that was sent to me for activation of the site and my account..i do still have that.
i even have two re-activation emails that was sent to me because the site was in active and almost ready to be deactivated due to inactivity. so that alone can prove the site is in fact mine and i created it.

So am i even going to be able to delete the site now?

it's not a big deal, yes i am upset with my self for even forgetting such a thing and i am upset with tech support for asking such a personal infomation. when i created the whole ucuz thing i remember just creating it for testing purposes to try to help someone out with something they was trying to do.. so i do not remember at all what i have used for the security question or even thought i would ever use the board for something then only testing purposes

But it's not like i have a zillion members yet or even that much posted, so i will just created a new email a whole new account and new board all together and be sure i do not screw up again.

I do like ucuz features and options are probably one of the best i have seen in a long time, and dont get me wrong yes i work for phpbb and have a few sites with them, but i have many different sites from many different host, it's what i do.

But without me having access and being able to use my security question. the board is no longer any use to me, so i have no other choice then to kill the whole thing.

So will i be able to delete the board,my account or at least change my link so it will go inactive and just be deactivated?

Oh and i have access to my site, the control panel and all other features,
It's only when i need to do something that requires my security question.. they only time i recall it even coming up is when i go to deactivate a module.. even thing else i can seem to do fine.

But i am sure if i am going to delete the whole board then it will ask then to.. i have not yet tried it because i am informing the members there about the current situation and will be working on a new site all together.

But yeah man i have access and everything to my site and Admin panel, it's only if i do something that requires the security question that i am unable to do.

Post edited by fatgher48 - Monday, 2011-03-07, 7:45 PM
Animorph

Message # 89 | 7:49 PM
fatgher48, if you don't have any acces to your site through control panel you can't delete your site , my suggestion is to just not visit it anymore then it will be inactive and afterwards deleted
fatgher48

Message # 90 | 8:25 PM
My friend i think you are getting confused?

i do have access. i have access to the whole panel and everything it's my site there are no other admins with me either. lol

I just cant deactivate a module or change my security question because i dont remember it.

So i mean i am not asking for an arm and a leg from tech support just a helping hand, and they refuse to help me without sending them a photo ID so forget them.. i am not stupid and would never send any such credentials to anyone over the internet. i already sent them my ip eamil address,the date it was created and my service provider information, so they have more then what they need to prove the site is mine.

And what connection dose by me sending a photo ID have to do with proving i created the site..It dont, it has no relevance what so ever.

Is there so sort of number on my photo ID thats connected with my site.. No. so i want to know how sending them an id would prove anything.They have no way to know if the person in any given ID is the person that created a site or not. it proves nothing.

But they know what email i created the site with and my ip address.. that proves it

I thank you for your help but you keep stating that i do not have access to my control panel.. i do have access thats not the problem. the problem is i dont remember my security question.. and ucuz support will not work with me unless i send them my photo ID..
And they are out of there minds, i am not going to risk Identity theft to some tech/company i do not know from Adam. and your wondering why i or any other member would find this to be offensive.

Post edited by fatgher48 - Monday, 2011-03-07, 8:54 PM
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Search: