Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Builder
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:14 AM
Here is short video about this new feature - Builder. Builder allows to easily add/edit blocks on your website and change their display order in visual mode.

By means of this feature you can quickly select content for your blocks - scripts, widgets, menus, video, audio, RSS, HTML code.
This feature is installed by default for all new websites. If your website was created before the global update you can enable Builder in Control Panel -> Common settings -> Use "Builder" for the website design customization.

Minor Builder Update

If the Builder option is missing on your Admin Bar, you need to go to the website Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Administrators -> Other, and enable the option "Edit site design".

After the update there will be two separate options in the user group permissions:

• Edit site design: the option is disabled by default for all groups. Enabling of the option allows to access templates via the website, without the necessity to log in to the Control Panel. The templates are available by the address yoursite.ucoz.com/tmpls
  • Use Builder: the option is enabled by default for Administrators. Allows to use Builder and adds the Builder tab to the Admin Bar:

Note: if you disable the option "Use Builder" and enable "Edit site design", and then also disable the option "Use "Builder" for the website design customization" in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings, the Design tab will appear on your Admin Bar and you will be able to access all website templates or separate page templates via the Admin Bar:

Attachments: 3888038.png (27.1 Kb) · 7010682.png (55.3 Kb) · 4383780.png (41.9 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
akash19

Message # 46 | 1:53 PM
no i didnot restored templates.... lemme try..

Added (2009-10-14, 7:53 Am)
---------------------------------------------
how to restore template????

Sunny

Message # 47 | 2:03 PM
akash19, CP -> Customize Design -> select a template -> click "Restore default template" in the top right corner. You can also simply reselect your design in Common Settings. Also note that you will lose all design modifications after restoring.
NTP

Message # 48 | 10:39 PM
Quote (Sunny)
if you are using a default design then try to restore default templates. Also provide website url.
isn't there some way to restore the whole design at once? and My Website.

Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
Sunny

Message # 49 | 2:08 PM
Quote (NTP)
isn't there some way to restore the whole design at once?

Yes, there is. Reselect the design in Common Settings. But you'll lose all design modifications in this case. Create a templates backup, then restore the design and see whether the builder will work.

Dawgg

Message # 50 | 3:17 PM
Yeah, can I ask one question, I deleted some stuff from the builder, and from what I learned, some of thats stuff is required for all modules to work right, I know the site map, categories and stuff is needed, but what else is needed?
Dartz

Message # 51 | 3:38 PM
Everything. Restore default template is awesome function.
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Dawgg

Message # 52 | 1:50 PM
Where is the restore option for builder?
Sunny

Message # 53 | 2:02 PM
Dawgg, he meant restoration of templates. This can be done in Control Panel -> Customize Design. You can also add the missing blocks via Builder manually.

Quote (Dawgg)
but what else is needed?

Almost everything. Just think twice before you delete anything.

Dawgg

Message # 54 | 4:29 PM
Ok mam, this means I gotta do all the background image and banner stuff all over sad , but its worth it, I love ya guy/gals. UCOZ 4eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunny

Message # 55 | 4:30 PM
Dawgg, add the blocks manually via Builder and you will not lose design modifications.
Dawgg

Message # 56 | 11:35 PM
I have question, I wanted to use the widget menu thingy where I can add special menu with my own buttons, but it wont let me add navilinks.

Added (2009-12-25, 5:32 Pm)
Ok, Im doing it now, I click builder, and I edit the menu, and change it to the widget "Menu with visual effects, but, it doesn't have an option where I can add an image, my own image.

Added (2009-12-25, 5:35 Pm)
And just to make sure, everything i'm suppost to have in site builder are everything in the site elements along with a menu right???

Killer047

Message # 57 | 4:48 AM
So guys how do I remove this thing Create your own site???????
Sunny

Message # 58 | 3:49 PM
Dawgg, see the following - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-5638-46870-16-1259922388

Killer047, it is a paid service - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-2705-1

NTP

Message # 59 | 0:01 AM
nope builder doesn't work, it worked when i reset design, so is there a code for the builder somewhere in the design customization?
Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
fejin

Message # 60 | 5:01 PM
Quote (Dartz)
Calm down. Try to re-log via old url. And try adding block again.
Remember, calendar will work only if you have Site News module installed.

Tks,it's very helpful!!!

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Search: